• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Eco Cascadia

LamCH

Alfrescian
Loyal
closed up yr fingers, poke their ass.:biggrin:

I would look on the bright side, like having a giant fountain greeting u coming home, most people only have small fountain that they buy at shopping centre. Anyway, I think I will be using the 2nd main gate as it is nearer to Aurora so little chance of seeing the waterfall. :smile:

Last edited:

LamCH

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all. I recently purchased a Neptune unit. SPA and loan have been settled. Now pending state consent.

What is the average waiting time before state consent is given? I heard it may stretch as long as 2 months.
I hv paid the consent fee last month and no news yet. Read somewhere in this forum that that's the way things work here. So no need to worry. :cool:

Smallfry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yupz2....we relive e ol kampung spore has been missing. ..
I will organise a pot luck party foe sg resident at d club he's after I've settled in. My wife likes to bake fatt kuey. lol[/QUOTE]

LamCH..... NOOOOOOOO! Not after we had moved in and settled at SEC!!!!!. We hope you could get it organised in the very near future...maybe one day in Nov or Dec.... you could just decide on and fix the date, a makan venue or a picnic (potluck) at the beach or garden or a BBQ .... in Spore or JB..... somewhere where we could meet up and just talk the time away so that we get to know each other better..8-)

LamCH

Alfrescian
Loyal
I will organise a pot luck party foe sg resident at d club he's after I've settled in. My wife likes to bake fatt kuey. lol

LamCH..... NOOOOOOOO! Not after we had moved in and settled at SEC!!!!!. We hope you could get it organised in the very near future...maybe one day in Nov or Dec.... you could just decide on and fix the date, a makan venue or a picnic (potluck) at the beach or garden or a BBQ .... in Spore or JB..... somewhere where we could meet up and just talk the time away so that we get to know each other better..8-)[/QUOTE]

See ,see.. first... will talk to SEC sales if they can allow us to use their place. :smile: Don't know any other place in J.B. I always got lost in J.B. have not been there for years if not because of SEC.

Immanuel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi malpaso, sorry to reply u so late. Also read your posting in the other forum on exchange rate.
I have indeed apply for my MY current acct thru spore raffles br. However as one of the form was been left out, my app is still not approved yet. However, my other 2friends already received a call from CIMB MY 2days ago to confirmed that their app has been approved, and they are to do a transfer of M$1k to activate the MY current acct. As the recent TT rate is very gd and bcos I don't want to miss it, I actually went to a CIMB MY branch near city square to open a Multiplier Acct on Monday. Now I can do transfer to the 3rd party account (which is my own MY Multiplier acct), as the link-up approval will take about 7working days. So far no major issues, except that I was told by MY branch manager that I can't open a current acct unless I got referred by their existing customer or I can produce my loan 'Offer Letter' which I didn't bring with me. Cheers.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi malpaso, sorry to reply u so late. Also read your posting in the other forum on exchange rate.
I have indeed apply for my MY current acct thru spore raffles br. However as one of the form was been left out, my app is still not approved yet. However, my other 2friends already received a call from CIMB MY 2days ago to confirmed that their app has been approved, and they are to do a transfer of M$1k to activate the MY current acct. As the recent TT rate is very gd and bcos I don't want to miss it, I actually went to a CIMB MY branch near city square to open a Multiplier Acct on Monday. Now I can do transfer to the 3rd party account (which is my own MY Multiplier acct), as the link-up approval will take about 7working days. So far no major issues, except that I was told by MY branch manager that I can't open a current acct unless I got referred by their existing customer or I can produce my loan 'Offer Letter' which I didn't bring with me. Cheers.

no problem i understand you must be busy during this period. sooo.. i am still confused by your story. did you manage to open the money multiplier account on monday in JB, then? No, right?. So you're still waiting for the link-up which is done manually using a form? Hmmm. So, the result is same as me, as you know, i took a long early lunch to dash over to jb on wednesday, only for me to be unable to open a money multiplier account due to "nationwide system down". now i waiting for my cimbclicks token (for sg account) to arrive (another week , at least) so that i can set up my IB singapore, and authorise a payee (which is my new CIMB savings account in malaysia). only then can i transfer, so dunno whether the MYR will rebound or not by then. after which, sometime later during my work off-peak period, i will have to go down again to open a moneymultiplier account, and trasnfer the RM from my savigs to current! a lot of work. :( .. aaannndd.. in the meantime, i will end up having a cimb sg atm card, a cimb my debit card, and a cheqbook. so messy, and i don't even need the MY debit/atm card.

any suggestions how to make my life easier?

Last edited:

Immanuel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi malpaso,
I did managed to open my Money Multiplier (MM) acct on Monday. Applied for linked-up on Monday night using CIMBclicks and called CIMB SG on Tuesday morning. Was told it will take approximately 7working days to approve. Meanwhile, I can already start TT to my MM acct thru 3rd party option in CIMBclicks Singapore. Please take note that you are only allowed a max of 3 free transactions(deposit,withdrawal,issue cheque,etc - any form of transactions) in MM acct in a mth. Anything more than 3 transactions will be charged M$5/transactions. What i intend to do is I will still wait for my MY current acct to be approved so I can do many ad-hoc TT transfer when the rates is gd to MY current acct, then consolidate the amt and make a one time transfer from MY current to MM acct once a mth to avoid unnecessary charges. All these can be performed if you apply for their TAC via SMS. As for the cheque book, MM acct comes with it too but optional @ M$7.50/booklet. DHL courier from KL another M$30, unless you want to collect personally within 1mth from the bank you open the acct with. They will also charge M$8/yr for the ATM (MasterCard). Since the MM acct offers 2.5% interest rate, I intend to issue cheque from my MY current acct if necessary. The MY ATM card will do us gd if we need to withdraw M$ in MY since we have acct in MY. I believe it will save some money on the exchange rate charges compare to using SG ATM card in MY (correct me if I m wrong). Cheers.

Last edited:

Immanuel

Alfrescian
Loyal
malpaso, to apply for TAC via SMS using Spore Postpaid Hp no., please filled in a 'Request For Handphone Number Update For TAC' form. Emailed the form together with copy of your Passport, Nric,driving license & Handphone bill from your telco. After you have emailed them, call them at +603 2295 6100 for verification of particulars. The CIMB HQ staff will then call you back within a few days. Then wait for the TAC to be activated. Cheers.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
malpaso, to apply for TAC via SMS using Spore Postpaid Hp no., please filled in a 'Request For Handphone Number Update For TAC' form. Emailed the form together with copy of your Passport, Nric,driving license & Handphone bill from your telco. After you have emailed them, call them at +603 2295 6100 for verification of particulars. The CIMB HQ staff will then call you back within a few days. Then wait for the TAC to be activated. Cheers.

thanks for sharing in detail, immanuel.! So, you now have two current accounts in CIMB MY? ?

based on your writeup I will be transferring ad hoc to my airasia savings in MY when everything is up, and consolidate later into the MM account in larger lump sums. Didn't realize money transfer to MM constitutes one of the chargeable RM5 transactions. Good catch. Thanks for the heads up.

on another note, Been back up to see see SEC site recently? the first row foresta up already, can see from the road. looks nice. heard they are planning to build the aurora showhouses soon.

Last edited:

Immanuel

Alfrescian
Loyal
thanks for sharing in detail, immanuel.! So, you now have two current accounts in CIMB MY? ?

based on your writeup I will be transferring ad hoc to my airasia savings in MY when everything is up, and consolidate later into the MM account in larger lump sums. Didn't realize money transfer to MM constitutes one of the chargeable RM5 transactions. Good catch. Thanks for the heads up.

on another note, Been back up to see see SEC site recently? the first row foresta up already, can see from the road. looks nice. heard they are planning to build the aurora showhouses soon.

Morning malpaso, I only have a MY MM acct so far, still waiting for my MY current account to be approved. My last trip to SEC was 1mth ago. Will be going SEC office next week to sign the final doc relating to the loan in front of the lawyer. Wow, looking forward to the aurora showhouses..sometimes 'actual visual' is still better than looking at pictures. Have a blessed weekend ahead. Cheers.:smile:

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal
malpaso, to apply for TAC via SMS using Spore Postpaid Hp no., please filled in a 'Request For Handphone Number Update For TAC' form. Emailed the form together with copy of your Passport, Nric,driving license & Handphone bill from your telco.

Hi, this is good news. I was told I have to go to the branch in person to apply.

Can the TAC request form be downloaded from the CIMB My website?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Morning malpaso, I only have a MY MM acct so far, still waiting for my MY current account to be approved. My last trip to SEC was 1mth ago. Will be going SEC office next week to sign the final doc relating to the loan in front of the lawyer. Wow, looking forward to the aurora showhouses..sometimes 'actual visual' is still better than looking at pictures. Have a blessed weekend ahead. Cheers.:smile:

afternoon immanuel, thanks for the glad tidings. i was trying to synchronize meet up at SEC office there soon , with rocker and issupertenere here. so far our schedule all off target, but maybe you'd like to join us if everyone is available at the same time. need to settle loan agreement with setia lawyer too.

this morning, have mostly settled CIMB sg account stuff by calling cimb sg hotline. as for the TAC - sgp handphone request, the bank officer at taman daya have help to submit for me, just called m'sia hotline and they will check and process within 5 or more days. So hopefully will be all set soon. You said you will TT to MM account even before the SG-MY account linkup is processed? Is there a fee for that? As for withdrawing money in malaysia, i will try to use my CIMB SG ATM card (on the way to me by mail) at any CIMB MY account, so i will be drawing money direct from singapore account - according to forummers here, the rate is as good or even better than the internet free transfers. i will update on my experience once i've done both the above.

Also, just checked the MM account from the cimb my website. It says "3 Free WITHDRAWAL per month, additional withdrawal charged RM5 per transaction". So not sure if you were told otherwise in JB by your banker there, I have the impression that deposits , TT into, and etc will not attract the RM5 charge.

http://www.cimbbank.com.my/index.ph...gen_fee_category&category=71:41&tpl=gen_rates <--- see second schedule, item 6.

Last edited:

Immanuel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Afternoon malpaso, I was told that there will not be any charges for CIMB SG to CIMB MY acct and the transfer is immediate. I have just made a call and verified with the CIMB MY about the MM MY acct. Apparently, they have just increase the min 3 transactions to 5 transactions, and only applied to withdrawals. So thanks malpaso, the TT and deposits will not be considered as transactions. That means I can start doing adhoc transfer to my MM MY acct without having my MY current acct set up.
Ok, about the meet up at SEC, if time permits, surely no problem.
Ps. I thought both CIMB SG and MY is able to issue you the ATM card on the spot, cos that's what happen to me. But why is yours by mail?

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Afternoon malpaso, I was told that there will not be any charges for CIMB SG to CIMB MY acct and the transfer is immediate. I have just made a call and verified with the CIMB MY about the MM MY acct. Apparently, they have just increase the min 3 transactions to 5 transactions, and only applied to withdrawals. So thanks malpaso, the TT and deposits will not be considered as transactions. That means I can start doing adhoc transfer to my MM MY acct without having my MY current acct set up.
Ok, about the meet up at SEC, if time permits, surely no problem.
Ps. I thought both CIMB SG and MY is able to issue you the ATM card on the spot, cos that's what happen to me. But why is yours by mail?

Hi Immanuel,
"I was told that there will not be any charges for CIMB SG to CIMB MY acct and the transfer is immediate."

-- Yes, fund transfer that is verified by the forummers here. However, that free transfer is only AFTER you linkup SG to MY account, right?? (which take 7 daays?). So if haven't linkup, the TT is chargeable or not? Btw, better not to use the term TT , which means "telegraphic transfer" - this is an old means of transfer money by "wire". Our free transfer is internet funds transfer between linked SG and MY account, or internet funds transfer. So, precisely speaking, TT may have charges unless they state "Free TT". All very confusing with the terms. I think you better check if TT or funds transfer or whatever is really free before your SG -- MY account is linkup. Cos bank TT charges can be 30-40SGD per transfer ...

""I have just made a call and verified with the CIMB MY about the MM MY acct. Apparently, they have just increase the min 3 transactions to 5 transactions, and only applied to withdrawals. So thanks malpaso, the TT and deposits will not be considered as transactions. That means I can start doing adhoc transfer to my MM MY acct without having my MY current acct set up.""

Yes, thanks for clarifying too, and posting to share. Bingo! So now I know no issue for me in future to transfer to either saving or my MM account (which i intend to open when i have time to go over JB again).

"Ps. I thought both CIMB SG and MY is able to issue you the ATM card on the spot, cos that's what happen to me. But why is yours by mail?"

That was my fault, i was in a rush for my next appointment last sat. So the banker suggested that if I wasn't in a rush to get the ATM card, they could send it to me. So i just said yes. Now I'm thinking it was a dumb decision, because, how the heck am i gonna activate the ATM card first time when all their ATM machines are in orchard?? *sigh*. i should have insisted to get the ATM card on the spot, like most people.

Immanuel

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oops, sorry for the confusion. Btw, I have just done my first transfer using cimbclicks internet fund transfer, from my CIMB SG to MM MY using the 3rd party CIMB Acct option, went thru the transaction history and see no charges charged to my account. So I think, it should be fine. cheers. Ps. As my MY MM is not linked up yet, I actually did a very minimal amt transfer to 'test' the reliability. You may want to do that on your very first attempt just to be very sure it's ok before doing bigger amount transfer. Cheers.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oops, sorry for the confusion. Btw, I have just done my first transfer using cimbclicks internet fund transfer, from my CIMB SG to MM MY using the 3rd party CIMB Acct option, went thru the transaction history and see no charges charged to my account. So I think, it should be fine. cheers. Ps. As my MY MM is not linked up yet, I actually did a very minimal amt transfer to 'test' the reliability. You may want to do that on your very first attempt just to be very sure it's ok before doing bigger amount transfer. Cheers.

wow, great. So you had to (1) login to cimb.com.sg (2) add 3rd party CMIB acc using your security token, and (3) trasnfer to 3rd party. Was the exchange rate shown on the page before you submit OK to trasnfer? Also, if you can already add your CIMB MY MM account as 3rd party m'sian acct, what then is the benefit of doing the "link to MY account" - the one that takes 7 day to process? Is it to be able to see both your sg and mys account under the same singapore portal?

oh,btw, when you got your SG ATM card, did you have to go to the ATM outside to activate and change new pin? btw i pm you about the proposed meetup, together with some of the other fellas here.

Last edited:

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
u two, 几gay一下.. can see firework out from SEC next time. titter.gif

Last edited: