• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Setia Eco Cascadia

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya, agreed, when to their branch to check out the fd rates, so many requirements, like work permit, mm2h etc. to open account. :confused: Aiyo, I retired where got work permit.

I went with Std Chrt Islamic loan. No lock-in, and you can deposit your excess cash against the loan quantum to reduce int payable. The excess cash can be withdrawn out at any time, in emergency cases. Quite flexible.....

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went with Std Chrt Islamic loan. No lock-in, and you can deposit your excess cash against the loan quantum to reduce int payable. The excess cash can be withdrawn out at any time, in emergency cases. Quite flexible.....

sounds the same as conventional, but some banks like cimb pushing their islamic packages quite aggressively? the thing is i am blur about the whole 'profit' and'sharing' calculations, so decided against it.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
sounds the same as conventional, but some banks like cimb pushing their islamic packages quite aggressively? the thing is i am blur about the whole 'profit' and'sharing' calculations, so decided against it.

'Profit' is the 'interest' and 'sharing' is the 'principal'. Something like that..... Actually is 换汤不换药。haha...... Impt thing is no lock-in period, and there is an interest cap of ard 10% (hopefully we will never reach that).

Citi offers something similar but Std Chrt has Molek branch, so more convenient for me..... Dun understand why Citi has only 1 branch in JB.....

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
'Profit' is the 'interest' and 'sharing' is the 'principal'. Something like that..... Actually is 换汤不换药。haha...... Impt thing is no lock-in period, and there is an interest cap of ard 10% (hopefully we will never reach that).

Citi offers something similar but Std Chrt has Molek branch, so more convenient for me..... Dun understand why Citi has only 1 branch in JB.....

先甜后苦, 绑手绑脚..when come to resale. IMHO only.

http://www.nst.com.my/red/cover-story-should-you-get-an-islamic-mortgage-1.149176

LamCH

Alfrescian
Loyal
they should remove the waterfall from their marketing and website, it is a small selling point, but now become a negative point. very small and water muddy. when i buy i never even looked at the waterfall.

well, it is still early to say, the whole place in not fully developed yet, I don't mind the waterfall, maybe I can do meditation under e waterfall when I move there. lol. just joking. Seriously, I bought SEC is because I like quite and serene environment. Maybe the place has kwong tou, both my wife and I was attracted to it straight away.

I went to adda heights, the semi 'D" offered was the about the same price as my corner lot, some how I do not like the place.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
well, it is still early to say, the whole place in not fully developed yet, I don't mind the waterfall, maybe I can do meditation under e waterfall when I move there. lol. just joking. Seriously, I bought SEC is because I like quite and serene environment. Maybe the place has kwong tou, both my wife and I was attracted to it straight away.

I went to adda heights, the semi 'D" offered was the about the same price as my corner lot, some how I do not like the place.

yah, same as you, i also immediately like the place. I look more at the surrounding area, the house design, masterplan, the price and also if nearby got what kind of amenities. what i mean is when the marketing concentrate so much on the waterfall, but there is only one little man made "waterfall" , feel very anti-climax.

Last edited:

nextreal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all. I recently purchased a Neptune unit. SPA and loan have been settled. Now pending state consent.

What is the average waiting time before state consent is given? I heard it may stretch as long as 2 months.

Smallfry

Alfrescian
Loyal

Similarly with me guys. Would you believe it if I were to say that I attended the presentation at SP Setia , the week after, I went to to SEC site and then booked a unit? Just had a good feeling about the place. I didnt even check out any other developments......With you guys as neighbours, I know I made the right choice. Though I have not met any of you, I feel the brotherhood spirit is so strong and alive. I am waiting for the time we all meet for breakfast at setia indah and all go jalan jalan together. 8-)

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't recall seeing penalty rate in both my conventional loan (RHB) and Islamic loan (HLB) agreements. No lock in period too.Strange.

you may like to verify with e bank, as i know some bankers also not quite sure abt Islamic loan. :smile:

antrix07

Alfrescian
Loyal
...With you guys as neighbours, I know I made the right choice. Though I have not met any of you, I feel the brotherhood spirit is so strong and alive. I am waiting for the time we all meet for breakfast at setia indah and all go jalan jalan together. 8-)[/QUOTE]
Yupz2....we relive e ol kampung spore has been missing. ..

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
They also mentioned no lock in and early redemption has no penalty. V strange.

not really, a lot of bank have this. i was at cimb yesterday the branch manager ask me about whether i have home loan, he said he can offer blr-2.4% and no lock in etc. it also make sense if your loan is with DIBS and still under construction cos banks will know that lock u in for 3 yr aldready

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
they should remove the waterfall from their marketing and website, it is a small selling point, but now become a negative point. very small and water muddy. when i buy i never even looked at the waterfall.

closed up yr fingers, poke their ass.:biggrin:

LamCH

Alfrescian
Loyal
...With you guys as neighbours, I know I made the right choice. Though I have not met any of you, I feel the brotherhood spirit is so strong and alive. I am waiting for the time we all meet for breakfast at setia indah and all go jalan jalan together. 8-)
Yupz2....we relive e ol kampung spore has been missing. ..[/QUOTE]
I will organise a pot luck party foe sg resident at d club he's after I've settled in. My wife likes to bake fatt kuey. lol

Last edited: