• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SeriousLy, what's the hype over this Tanya Chua?..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Aiyo, another piece of that Tanya news spLashed over a fuLL page on today's ST's Life yet again !..Like we are not having enough of her ..knn. :eek:

tanyaa.jpg

Can i have more writes' of AbigiaL Chay's achievements, pLease ?..:cool::wink:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Tanya chua proves that sinkies got talent n can compete with foreigners so don't look down on yourselves.

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
who is tanya chua? i never listen to chinese music

About 20 years ago, I stumbled into this joint at Boat Quay (can't remember the name) but I can remember seeing this young girl in jeans singing Eglish pops on stage with wild abandon and a good voice.Never expect her to make it so big in Taiwan! Imho, in terms of talent and versatility, she's much better than Kit, Mavis, Stephanie & Horsy! She certainly didn't win 3X Taiwan's "Grammy" on sheer luck alone.

jw5

Loyal
金曲奖 is really trying hard to be alternative lah. They despise mainstream love songs. Just look at who won the best male singer. It's not Jay Chou or Jam Hsiao. It's some hippy rocker with no variation to his singing by the name of 乱彈阿翔. I hear nothing but raspy monotonous shouting from him. :rolleyes:

Boss,
Jams Hsiao - fantastic singer but has never written a song as far as I know.
Jay Chou - terrible singer, but good songwriter, he should stick to the latter.

salmon

Alfrescian
Loyal
tanya chua has a great voice imho, as talented as kit chan and stefanie sun except that she doesn't have mass appeal like them. cool babe. i like her.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
tanya chua has a great voice imho, as talented as kit chan and stefanie sun except that she doesn't have mass appeal like them. cool babe. i like her.
That's fine, but the media's massive over pubLicity have made neutraLs Like me wanna Puke !..:eek:

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ya..THE ONLY talent here ? , and we are not even taLking about the imports . :eek:

Don't look down on yourself. If you work hard, you too can be like Tanya Chua

Don't waste your time blaming govt for this and that.

Last edited:

freedalas

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's fine, but the media's massive over pubLicity have made neutraLs Like me wanna Puke !..:eek:

The answer is simple. Straits Times will be holding its Star Concert at Gardens By The Bay on 15 July 2012. Tickets at $75 each. In the original line-up are big names like Jason Derulo, 4Minute and Boys Like Girls with Taufik Batisah the local artiste taking up the tail. Jason Derulo pulled out of the concert due to other commitments. In desperation, ST selected Tanya to take over his place. So in order to make up for the disappointment over Jason Derulo's no-show and to justify the $75 ticket price, ST is hyping up Tanya like crazy every day in its pages. She is being splashed all over. To be fair to Tanya, she's quite a talent in the Asian context, but not to the extent that ST is gloating about her as if she's a renowned global pop star.