• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SeriousLy, what's the hype over this Tanya Chua?..

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
For the past coupLe of weeks, whether you are reading on TNP or ST, you are bound to see her face
spLashed aLL over the pages !..com'on, dont we have the Likes' of Kit Chan or Stephanie Sun as
weLL ?, or are we reaLLy so short of LocaL taLents that there seem to be non other ?..:confused:

tanya2.jpg

tanya1.jpg

Somehow, i stiLL miss our siaotingtong aka Ms Ris Low..:smile:

LumparChee

Alfrescian
Loyal
She recently won the Taiwan Golden Melody Award for Best Female Singer the third time. Amei only won twice.

The amazing thing about her is that she started out as a songwriter for English songs, totally 'zero' in the chinese language. Now, she writes lyrics in chinese for many of her songs and the songs she wrote for others.

The taiwanese find her melodies refreshing because her origin is western music. If you know anything about the taiwanese music market - their music is stuck in the 70s and 80s in terms of style, which explains why R&B songwriters/singers like David Tao, Zhou Jie Lun and Wang Li Hong are so popular.

There is no way the taiwanese songwriters can compose the melodies that Tanya Chua can compose.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
She recently won the Taiwan Golden Melody Award for Best Female Singer the third time. Amei only won twice.

The amazing thing about her is that she started out as a songwriter for English songs, totally 'zero' in the chinese language. Now, she writes lyrics in chinese for many of her songs and the songs she wrote for others.

The taiwanese find her melodies refreshing because her origin is western music. If you know anything about the taiwanese music market - their music is stuck in the 70s and 80s in terms of style, which explains why R&B songwriters/singers like David Tao, Zhou Jie Lun and Wang Li Hong are so popular.

There is no way the taiwanese songwriters can compose the melodies that Tanya Chua can compose.

So she's better known for her song-writing skiLLs than her singing right ?..anyway our papers must have Loved
her dearLy; that she's hogging more LimeLights than any other LocaL ceLebs of Late..:cool:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Hope NOT She wouLd be singing her numbers this coming NationaL Day..:eek:

Last edited:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal

KNN wtf is Tanya Chua compared to Jay Chou? If memory serves me right, Jay has won nothing at the Golden Melody Awards for years. This says more about the judges than it does about the quality of Tanya Chua and Jay Chou. :rolleyes:

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
金曲奖 is really trying hard to be alternative lah. They despise mainstream love songs. Just look at who won the best male singer. It's not Jay Chou or Jam Hsiao. It's some hippy rocker with no variation to his singing by the name of 乱彈阿翔. I hear nothing but raspy monotonous shouting from him. :rolleyes:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
KNN wtf is Tanya Chua compared to Jay Chou? If memory serves me right, Jay has won nothing at the Golden Melody Awards for years. This says more about the judges than it does about the quality of Tanya Chua and Jay Chou. :rolleyes:
Are you referring to these 2nd-tiered judges ?..and hence the pre-arranged resuLts.:eek:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For the past coupLe of weeks, whether you are reading on TNP or ST, you are bound to see her face
spLashed aLL over the pages !..com'on, dont we have the Likes' of Kit Chan or Stephanie Sun as
weLL ?, or are we reaLLy so short of LocaL taLents that there seem to be non other ?..:confused:

tanya2.jpg

tanya1.jpg

Somehow, i stiLL miss our siaotingtong aka Ms Ris Low..:smile:

The name Tanya is very sexy....

How many times you wanna cum ? Ten yah !

jw5

Loyal

In my opinion, Tanya is a talented songwriter/singer and Stephanie can't hold a candle to her, although they are supposed to be good friends.

Haven't heard her latest songs, but her older songs include Beautiful Love (chinese song with an english name) and Bottomless Hole (translate that to mandarin :biggrin:)
Very good songwriter, not the greatest voice, but good enough to hold a tune and she can play the guitar while she sings as well.

I like Kit Chan as well, even have the CD she released before she retired the first time.
Stephanie is simply lucky to have some good songs written for her, don't think she has written any.
Even when she sang the mandarin version of the song "Turn left, turn right" and Gigi Leung sang the cantonese version, the cantonese version is so mich better imo.

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In my opinion, Tanya is a talented songwriter/singer and Stephanie can't hold a candle to her, although they are supposed to be good friends.

Haven't heard her latest songs, but her older songs include Beautiful Love (chinese song with an english name) and Bottomless Hole (translate that to mandarin :biggrin:)
Very good songwriter, not the greatest voice, but good enough to hold a tune and she can play the guitar while she sings as well.

I like Kit Chan as well, even have the CD she released before she retired the first time.
Stephanie is simply lucky to have some good songs written for her, don't think she has written any.
Even when she sang the mandarin version of the song "Turn left, turn right" and Gigi Leung sang the cantonese version, the cantonese version is so mich better imo.

Seems to me, you are the onLy Lady in this forum; right ?..:wink:

Fishypie

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Nope, I'm not a lady................... :eek: :biggrin:

Self proclaimed ladies include myo539 and cass888.................

i maybe wrong, but many of your repLies' in other Threads prompts me to beLieve so..:smile: