• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Semb marine kicked out sti index.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
i hope i can live long enough to see my investment ripe. else all go to family liao.
hahahahaha

uvwxyz

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
uncle, u think oil price will stay forever low? like gold?
2 years and still dropping. sianz

Like someone just said, all these prices are cartel controlled rather than based on demand. This prolonged low oil price will weed out a lot of weaker players in many industries. Rest assured the big boys are making a lot of money from this misery. Its always the big fish eating the small ones.
Just be patient and keep in touch with what management is doing to try to weather this storm.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like someone just said, all these prices are cartel controlled rather than based on demand. This prolonged low oil price will weed out a lot of weaker players in many industries. Rest assured the big boys are making a lot of money from this misery. Its always the big fish eating the small ones.
Just be patient and keep in touch with what management is doing to try to weather this storm.

i do agree. well, heard that Brazil government step in to resolve the Sete Brazil bankruptcy, maybe to bail them out?

u got keppel corp and semb corp?

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.straitstimes.com/busines...en-to-work-with-keppel-sembcorp-on-challenges

The Brazilian government is looking to start discussions with Singapore's Keppel Corp and Sembcorp Marine to find a solution to challenges they face there, a visiting Brazilian official said yesterday.

Both firms have been linked to a corruption scandal involving state-owned oil giant Petrobras. Their key customer Sete Brasil, whose only client is Petrobras, has filed for bankruptcy protection.

"The discussions have been held by the companies themselves so far," Dr Marcio Felix, who is secretary for oil and natural gas at Brazil's mines and energy ministry, told The Straits Times in a phone interview yesterday.

"We in the ministry will be open to starting a real dialogue with them, so we can try to understand the problem and look at how we can work together to find a possible solution," he said.

"We don't have a solution today, but we want to work towards retaining this long-term relationship with the two companies," he noted, adding that their "impressive track record" is a boon for Brazil's oil and gas sector, an important part of its economy.

Dr Felix arrived here on Thursday as part of a delegation with Mr Paulo Hartung, the governor of Brazil's Espirito Santo state.

Mr Hartung, who is in Singapore to meet government agencies and potential investors, said Brazil is taking steps to set itself on a path to sound economic development, spelling better business conditions for foreign firms there.

"We underwent a difficult and traumatic political moment, but that has been overcome with the decision made two days ago," he said yesterday, referring to the impeachment of now-former president Dilma Rousseff.

Market indicators so far, he added, have been positive, pointing to a greater sense of confidence in the future of the economy.

He noted that Espirito Santo's infrastructure sector - which includes port facilities, highways, railways, water treatment, power generation and urban solutions - is a key area of opportunity for Singapore firms, especially as Brazil embarks on its most ambitious privatisation drive in two decades.

The state is also seeking investments from agri-business and education services sectors here.

Brazilian Ambassador to Singapore Flavio Soares Damico said his government estimates that the country's economic growth could hit up to 2 per cent next year. Espirito Santo is expected to outperform the nation as a whole.

Singapore's bilateral investments with Brazil came to $1.04 billion in 2014, said IE Singapore.

http://www.straitstimes.com/busines...en-to-work-with-keppel-sembcorp-on-challenges

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i do agree. well, heard that Brazil government step in to resolve the Sete Brazil bankruptcy, maybe to bail them out?

u got keppel corp and semb corp?

Buy medical (Raffles, HMI) and Retail counter (Sheng Siong)

maxsanic

Alfrescian
Loyal
so now, what should i do? cut loss? a lot money there . or i just collect dividend to breakeven.
now drop so much, so sell or no sell also no different.

Dude, you can't be serious!? You plonk your entire savings of 550k to just buy stocks without having a clue what is going on!? Jesus, no wonder government keeps insisting on delaying CPF payouts... So how much of that 550k is now left?

Blue chips are very risky as well, there are lots of blue chips like SIA, Capitland, Sembcorp, Keppel, Noble, YZJ, Wilmar, NOL that have plunged >50% and even now still not recovered. Not to mention a lot of other ex-blue chips that crashed and either lose their blue chip status or fold up. Where on earth did you get the idea that blue chips are safe and guaranteed returns?

How old are you? If close/at retirement already, then you should not be gambling your life savings in the stock market.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dude, you can't be serious!? You plonk your entire savings of 550k to just buy stocks without having a clue what is going on!? Jesus, no wonder government keeps insisting on delaying CPF payouts... So how much of that 550k is now left?

Blue chips are very risky as well, there are lots of blue chips like SIA, Capitland, Sembcorp, Keppel, Noble, YZJ, Wilmar, NOL that have plunged >50% and even now still not recovered. Not to mention a lot of other ex-blue chips that crashed and either lose their blue chip status or fold up. Where on earth did you get the idea that blue chips are safe and guaranteed returns?

How old are you? If close/at retirement already, then you should not be gambling your life savings in the stock market.

Just a guesstimate, probably early 40s........
Which is pretty good considering to have 1/2 million dollars in savings....

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal

mid 30.......

i dunno la, i always thought i can earn. Uncle uvwxyz also said if i hold long enough then should be able to earn.

15% paper loss now la. u go to count how much i lose la. need to collect many years dividend then can breakeven. if breakeven then i sell.
luckily still got dividend.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
lifeafter41

money not important. important is health and family.
do treasure what you have.

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
lifeafter41

money not important. important is health and family.
do treasure what you have.

Thanks!!
Don't fret over the stock and shares.....its just numbers.....of course it's good to have when one is very sick....

Like in one thread I started, a friend of mine just went for chemotherapy.......just started....2 session already. So far so good. Just saw him.....looking quite alright.

He is doing very well, in business, a few good properties, collecting good rental, Monet, basically no issue.

But now, with this cancer issue...told him to take it easy Liao. We used to talk about stocks and shares......but now, could not even be bothered.......

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks!!
Don't fret over the stock and shares.....its just numbers.....of course it's good to have when one is very sick....

Like in one thread I started, a friend of mine just went for chemotherapy.......just started....2 session already. So far so good. Just saw him.....looking quite alright.

He is doing very well, in business, a few good properties, collecting good rental, Monet, basically no issue.

But now, with this cancer issue...told him to take it easy Liao. We used to talk about stocks and shares......but now, could not even be bothered.......

yes. so even i lose so much, i also no mood to sad over my share losses. i have also another problem to worry.
but so far so good. worry too much also useless.

now health ok, so just have a bit more energy to look at my investment. too sick the first half year. no energy to do anything.

what stage your friend now? hope he is fine.

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
uncle uvwxyz and garlic

like maxsanic saying, i make wrong decision in investment and investing?

i really lousy investor?

lifeafter41

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
yes. so even i lose so much, i also no mood to sad over my share losses. i have also another problem to worry.
but so far so good. worry too much also useless.

now health ok, so just have a bit more energy to look at my investment. too sick the first half year. no energy to do anything.

what stage your friend now? hope he is fine.

Understand it's considered as stage 4, as he has gone for surgical removal of the cancer, but 1 month later, appear in the bone area and some other area, I believe it's in the stomach area.

Anyway just saw him earlier on, already did 2 session, next session will be a few weeks later, I think it's 2 weeks......

Interestingly, after the initial 2 session, his face was not pale, but appeared a little dark. Not sure if it's the reaction of the chemo......

Not much appetite though......

garlic

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
uncle uvwxyz and garlic

like maxsanic saying, i make wrong decision in investment and investing?

i really lousy investor?

Every investor has some losing counters... also, hindsight is worth zilch... you take your timeline from when you started investing till now.. look at your annualised yields..:

<3% = not good enough
3-5% = normal (realistic, imo to expect such returns)
>5% = very good and aim to keep it up....
>10% = woohooo!!!

Most trading software can help you see all these already..

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Garlic
I take a wrong bet on oil n gas. I always think oil is something very important and essential for industry and daily use.

Then now, Suffer huge losses.

A bit good luck in telecom. I hope SingTel won't disappointed me. Just scoop few lot last Friday as I told me, today fly. Hope can building its uptrend soon

SNTCK

Alfrescian
Loyal
Garlic and maxsanic

You guys said about index fund and bond.
Can teach me how to buy?

Is it same like buy share like that.
I last time bought some us, U.K. , Malaysia fund through agent de.

I think I will put my remaining reserve and my future income into bond or index fund only.
Can teach me how? Thank you very much!

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
how come u dont have the slightest knowledge about index funds and bonds and u have 500k invested in the stocks and shit.....isnt that scary?this is like general knowledge,general reading......go read some investment books or something or some blogs.if u dont understand the things u own,how do u understand the risks in ur portfolio.