• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDP will withdraw.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Chinese Chauvinist that Low Thia Khiang is should not be be allowed to remain hidden in his racial closet. It needs to be exposed. The public multiracial facade that Low has been allowed to maintain successfully for years needs to be destroyed. His acute racism and racial chauvinism need to be made known to the minority communities.

This is very interesting. Does it mean that Tang Liang Hong is really a Chinese chauvanist? That the PAP's depiction of him as racial politics - that is an accurate picture?

Why should Low Thia Khiang be used to destroy JBJ when it should have been the other way around: JBJ was never as big a threat to the PAP's power as LTK is.

There are people who think that WP are secret allies of the PAP, and other people who think that SDP are secret allies of the PAP. Which of them is right?

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP ask WP to cooperate, ie. to withdraw.

WP in turn tell SDP to also cooperate, ie. withdraw.

2x publicity generated.

From the point of view of WP, is it better for them to make that meeting, knowing that there will be disagreements, so that when there is a 3 cornered fight, SDP gets its share of the blame?

Or is it better to just say, it's not up to me whether there is a three cornered fight. I do what I want to do because I put somebody up there at the GE. Whether SDP is contesting or not, I'll just do my best, opposition unity or not.

kongsimi

Alfrescian
Loyal
these people never learn from the last presidential elections.

everytime there is multi-corner fights. PAP always ends up the winner!!

PM Lee took the bait already, you guys still wayang? :biggrin:

Last edited:

Wildfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hope common sense will prevailed within the Singapore Democratic Party to withdraw gracefully thus avoid making
a fool of themselves as well as scuttling the Opposition's unique opportunity to gain an additional seat in parliament.

SDP should not be blindsided by their own hype and energetic party rejuvenation post-GE2011. Fact of the matter is,
SDP in the mindset of most Singaporeans aged 40+ and above is a party in the "wilderness". They have yet to be
embraced into mainstream politic with standing like WP, NSP and SPP.

An analysis of the post 2011GE's result will support my contention.

In the 2011GE even with a "Straight Fight" SDP average share of votes contested were only 36.7%, well below the
national opposition pool of 39.9%. Which is to say, about 3.2% of typical opposition voters were turn-off enough to
vote PAP instead.

SPP and NSP being a more moderate and progressive opposition parties did very well and garnered 41.4% and 39.2%
respectively of the opposition votes.

I dreaded to imagine a 3-corner fight between SDP, WP and incumbent PAP. SDP will be mauled!

The above contention is straightly my personal opinion ….

Cheers

SDPhopelessParty

Alfrescian
Loyal

Pappy Tan The only PAP 'B' Team Singaporeans witness past 20 years is SDP and Dr Chee. Dr Chee at 1994 broke up a perfectly growing SDP under Chiam See Tong and lost all 3 seats at GE1997 that was won at GE1991 under Chiam See Tong's SDP.

This is because Chee's SDP decide to focus on making as much inaccurate noise in Parliament, being aggressive in Parliament, exposing SDP to lawsuits , conducting civil disobedience and getting arrested rather than running town councils and bonding with residents via grassroots.

The loss caused Singaporeans to lose faith in Alternatives for 20 years untl GE2011 when WP made a difficult breakthrough. PAP kept harping Alternatives cannot run a SMC let alone a GRC because of SDP's loss at GE1997. SDP almost destroyed Alternatives Government Cause with their antics.

Civil disobedience, bankruptcy, arrests, lawsuits etc gave Alternatives a bad image and reminded Singaporeans to fear PAP even more. SDP actually helped made PAP more feared and more powerful instead and Singaporeans felt more hopeless.

Many good people wanted to join Alternatives but seeing Dr Chee's situation decided not to. This lack of good people joining Alternatives gave many Walkovers to PAP for 20 years in every elections. SDP only gave Walkovers to Singaporeans at elections because CSJ and gang kept getting barred from elections because
of their antics.

What choice, what democracy, what rights, what hope, what change, what impact and what freedom did SDP gave Singaporeans past 20 years ? Nothing at all.SDP did nothing at all to contribute to
the Alternative Government Cause.

Now PAP once again wants to unleash the Kraken in CSJ to confuse and disrupt alternative parties progress from GE2011 by agreeing to give discount from $500,000 to $30,000 so that CSJ can take part in elections. Destructive, disruptive and history repeats itself.

SPP at least kept one seat in Parliament for 15 years after GE1997 and never got voted out and lose seats before GE2011. SPP was already small and weak when Chiam started it. 15 years down the road under different political landscape, SPP did contest one GRC at least. One less than SDP only who under Chee did not grow much too despite having longer time of brand name.

It took Chiam and SDP 15 years to win 3 seats at GE1991. So how can you say SDP would not have grown under Chiam when SDP did grew under Chiam at GE1991.Not even WP lost seats before. JBJ was disqualified from Parliament after being charged and Yaw Shin Leong was sacked by WP. None was voted out.

SDP under Dr Chee after GE1997 past 15 years got voted out of Bukit Gombak and Nee Soon Central, never grow but got smaller and did not even win any seats. You call this good record ?

It is not grandmother's story but true facts. No Singaporean Alternatives Supporter want to sacrifice another 20 years and see no result from any Alternative Parties.

Technically and officially, somebody here said there is only one Opposition in Parliament which is WP because the rest are either NCMPs or alternative parties with no seats. Even to be Opposition, political parties need to win enough seats to be Opposition.

I still believe in growing only WP to be Government as fast as possible base on Hougang and Aljunied platforms. This is regardless what other alternative parties try to pull off, their antics and plans. Every party have its own style, voters will decide.

No point running down each alternative parties now. You can run down WP all you want ONLY after WP is government and be blamed for WP government policies.

No more Alternative Parties Musical Chairs we seen last 47 years.

What bloody use is NATO policies from SDP if SDP cannot win seats. Original idea of DEMOCRACY is change governments via voting, NOT change Opposition Parties. Where is the Alternative Government when voters keep growing and shrinking Opposition Parties while PAP happily stay in power. All those supporting SDP to take part are PAP IBs.

SDPhopelessParty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pappy Tan Go and read WP GE2011 manifesto. WP talk about nationalising public transport for donkey years but so what ?

Not government, means no power. Best policies also useless. In fact PAP had long track record of copying Opposition parties policies and PAP claim credit. What for reveal policies so early?

What did SDP do for Mdm Vellama besides getting Ravi to egg her on ? Ask Ravi and SDP to help lah. You dunno politics or what ? If WP gets involved in such lawsuits like Mdm Vellama, it will compromise WP's efforts to win BE2012.

PAP will use Mdm Vellama's case and accuse WP of conspiracy etc and WP instead of participating in BE2012 will get unnecessarily embroil in a useless court case. Such things best leave it to private
citizens instead of political party to do. Mdm Vellama went in with eyes wide open and did it willingly herself and you want to blame WP when Vellama had problems with the case. You seriously dont know how to be tactical.

Even if SDP and WP policies are the best, whats the use. Given track record, PAP as government either copy and paste and claim credit themselves e.g. WP's classroom size proposal or PAP ignore alternative parties proposals.

Singapore politics is no government=no power=no talk. Be government first then talk about fancy policies. How to be government first ? Just grow one more alternative party to
PAP size.DEMOCRACY is about changing governments, not change Opposition parties while PAP remain in power.

You attend every Parliament session or read Hansard everyday ? Dont make wild accusations at WP without proof. WP have voted against PAP on Bills but got outnumbered, Bill still pass. Whats the bloody use ?

Why must WP oppose everything PAP do if it is good for Singaporeans ? Even SDP got 6 seats will face same problems WP face in Parliament, Town Council and Grassroots. But given SDP's track record of losing seats, SDP might not even finish 5 years before getting lawsuits.

So what bloody use is SDP to Alternative supporters when SDP fanciful policies cannot be executed, oppose for the sake of opposing, lose Parliament seats in next GE, get lawsuits and cannot finish one term, cannot grow alternative party to compete with PAP for government ?

LTK only took over from JBJ at 2001, within 10 years, got 6 seats. This is the output and progress Alternative supporters want to see from a party to fight PAP on government level, not saliva level.

You are just a bulldozer. Always calling for a fight with PAP at every chance.You dunno tactics never mind, dont blame WP for knowing tactics.

Even if bring up issue, must wait for right time, right place, right moment. Just like CSM brought up PA RC Grassroots force temple dinner organizers to discriminate against him for temple dinners
during PE2011.

PAP backtracked after trying defend Cynthia Phua and Desmond Choo for awhile because Tony Tan was put in a spot answering questions during PE2011 campaign why 27 open spaces at Aljunied GRC were transferred to PA Grassroots by HDB after WP won Aljunied GRC.

Now is the right time to bring this up because WP can make PAP look self-pawned. If WP bring up every little inconveniences caused by PAP during handover, voters will see WP as weak and whiner and rather stick with PAP since handover got so much issues if Opposition win elections.

You are nonsensical PAP IB with no credibility. WP already tendered twice AHTC and explained FMSS already. CNA, ST, Internet all carried reports about FMSS before and found nothing wrong. You are just a broken record.

Comparing PAP-AIMS case with WP-FMSS is comparing apple with cheese, no link at all. Compare apple with apple will make more sense.

No PAP-owned estate agents companies want to work for WP Town Council so what to do? Leave it vacant? WP start from scratch everything and ask people WP can trust to do the job. That simple.

Hiding behind maturity as excuse to stop WP's growth to challenge PAP for government is immature. SDP's track record and output under CSJ past 20 years is clear for all to see.

SDP is a bane to Alternative Cause and boon to PAP. SDP has been helping PAP to grow and destroying Alternative Cause with its
confrontational approach, protests, lawsuits, arrests etc. CSJ's SDP loss of all SMC Parliament seats at GE1997 which was won by CST's SDP at GE1991 almost destroyed Alternative Cause as voters no longer trust Alternative Parties to run an SMC, let alone GRC.

CSJ's output and contribution to the Alternative Government Cause had been disappointing, disruptive and destructive. SDP is a spolier and stirrer.
<a href="http://www.facebook.com/workersparty/posts/371739072921293?comment_id=1997464&offset=50&total_comments=126" data-ft="{&quot;tn&quot;:&quot;N&quot;}" class="uiLinkSubtle" id=".reactRoot[17].[1][2][1]{comment371739072921293_1997464}.0.[1].0.[1].0.[1].[0].[0]"><abbr title="Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at 10:04pm" data-utime="1357740255" class="livetimestamp" id=".reactRoot[17].[1][2][1]{comment371739072921293_1997464}.0.[1].0.[1].0.[1].[0].[0].0">22 hours ago</abbr> · Unlike · 18

SDPhopelessParty

Alfrescian
Loyal

• Pappy Tan Firstly, I am no LTK lapdog and neither are you a CSJ lapdog. Like you, I am Anti-PAP and Pro-Alternatives but lean more towards WP. This is not because I support WP long time. But because I am supporter of replacing PAP as government ASAP.

I support WP is because WP has 6 seats and has growth platforms of Hougang and Aljunied while all the other alternative parties have nothing. WP is any Opposition's supporters only hope now. I will still say the same thing if SDP is in WP's shoes today.

20 years ago at GE1991, I supported SDP was because SDP had 3 seats and was growing. I thought finally the time has come and PAP will see its last days. But GE1997, SDP split, internal fights, lost all 3 seats and PAP grew even more stronger. Many gave up hope on ALL Alternatives parties. It was false dawn.

If you want PAP to remain in power another 47 years, then you would prefer different alternative parties to rise and fall at different elections, remain weak and divided and PAP happily remains in power.

If you want PAP to be replaced as government in your lifetime then my suggestion is to focus on growing just WP to reach government-sized party level so that WP can start competing with PAP at government level, no longer Opposition level.

This approach is new and never tried by any alternative party before. Yes, it is painful and requires sacrifice from other parties especially party leaders who no longer can be party leader. But if everyone really wants to bring change and democracy to Singapore and replace PAP, then this approach is better than any approach all alternative parties had tried past 47 years with no real results.

Singapore political system is simple. No seats = no power = no change = no democracy. So CSJ and SDP can talk all they want about Rights, Democracy and all that but if SDP's methods and approach are forever yielding zero results and no progression then talk is only talk. If CSJ and SDP really wants democracy and rights for Singaporean, then SDP should start behaving like WP or even join them.

I am sure CSJ and SDP would want the same thing and same focus if SDP was in WP's shoes today. When SDP was leading Opposition Party in 1990s with 3 seats, CSJ and SDP was not interested in alliances, merging or acquisitions with other smaller alternative parties too. SDP had their chance and platforms but blew it in 1990s.

It is not I did not give SDP a chance or did not support SDP before but SDP let all Opposition Supporters down at GE1997. It wasted my time, youth, money, effort etc back then.

If WP lose Aljunied and Hougang at GE2016, I will pass away before I see Opposition resurrection 20 years later. But resurrect, die, resurrect, die, PAP still remain in power. What is the whole bloody point ??
    <a href="http://www.facebook.com/workersparty/posts/371739072921293?comment_id=1997465&offset=50&total_comments=126" data-ft="{&quot;tn&quot;:&quot;N&quot;}" class="uiLinkSubtle" id=".reactRoot[17].[1][2][1]{comment371739072921293_1997465}.0.[1].0.[1].0.[1].[0].[0]"><abbr title="Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at 10:04pm" data-utime="1357740269" class="livetimestamp" id=".reactRoot[17].[1][2][1]{comment371739072921293_1997465}.0.[1].0.[1].0.[1].[0].[0].0">22 hours ago</abbr> · Unlike · 21

SDPhopelessParty

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pappy Tan I thought you say today's PAP dare not play the lawsuit game anymore because of Internet and today's voters are turn off by lawsuits ?? Why are you not protesting on the streets for this lawsuit ?? You still dare to egg on WP to incur lawsuits and be confrontational. Then Singaporean voters got what alternative parties to vote for if all be confrontational ?? You want another 20 years of Walkovers with no choice to vote ??

WP is never quiet.Just because you dont attend all Parliament sessions and read all Hansard and your own ignorance, you say WP is quiet. WP does not follow SDP confrontational style does not mean WP is quiet. Why must only SDP confrontational style be right ? What has SDP style given to Singaporeans and grow the
Alternative Cause ?

WP is spending more time on Town Council and Grassroots is because of what everyone saw happening. Since handover, PAP has been sabotaging efforts WP's effort on Town Council work. PA Grassroots like RC, CCC, CDAC, CDC etc continue to pass tales about WP in Aljunied and Hougang and create obstacles for WP
MPs to reach out to residents. All these problems applies to SDP too if SDP has MPs elected.

Why dont you wait until SDP win some seats first before declaring SDP is the best and see how SDP manage MPS, Town Council, Grassroots and Parliament.

Building castles in the air is so easy because there is no responsibility. Anyone can do NATO. All I know SDP lost seats won before because of below par performance as MPs. Whatever horn you blow is also no use. History does not lie.It was you who wanted WP to be confrontational like JBJ, CSJ and Ling How Doong despite the risk of incurring lawsuits so you should go and protest now that Alex Au got a lawsuit.

Looks like you still dont understand the environment alternative politicians need to work in. We are talking about working in a unfair
environment with odds stack heavily against all alternative politicians, supporters and voters.

JBJ lasted only 5 years in Parliament before being disqualified from Parliament, CSJ got barred from taking part in elections. Ling How Doong spend more time making noise in Parliament then organising
Grassroots and taking care of Town Council. None provided any long term alternative choice to Singaporeans hence the walkovers, fear, no freedom, no democracy.

I prefer WP style which is to endure, tolerate and wait for more seats and power before making life hell for PAP.

Is not Vincent W and Alex Au asking serious and normal questions yet still get lawsuits and damages from PAP. I doubt Vincent W will last long in Parliament if elected and soon Singaporeans will see Walkovers again. Guess you dont know the Chinese idiom of Wo Xin Chang Dan.

Whether your quote is true or not, bird droppings is a constituency question and I see no wrong when MPs whether PAP or WP asking questions in Parliament on behalf of their constituents. WP's priority is to serve residents from Hougang and Aljunied who voted for them and not entire Singapore or national level questions who didnt vote for WP. Start Small, Grow Big. Now I know why SDP MPs only lasted one election before being voted out. SDP thought they are the government already lol.

Talk about blame game, why blame Laura Ong only and not Michael Palmer as well for the debacle at Punggol East SMC ? LOL
All those with eyes, ears and brains can see obviously Grace Fu's statement is deluded and inaccurate when WP release the letter by PAP seeking termination of system by 1 August 2011. Less than 2 months after GE2011.

All estate management companies running Town Councils are PAP-owned or PAP-related because only PAP manage GRCs before. These companies refuse to help WP, what can WP do but start from scratch everything from MPS, Grassroots and Town Council ? Surely Grace Fu knows this.

Back to the question after walking one big round the garden, how does PAP-owned companies serve public interest especially when PAP-owned companies can earn taxpayers money. How does Grassroots like RCs, CCCs, PA , CDC, CDAC, Mendaki, SINDA etc serve public interests and be non-partisan when they are funded by
taxpayers money but helmed by PAP MPs and help advertise PAP via the events.

You are really naive. In present political situation, you think PARLIAMENTARY PRIVILEGE can stop PAP from fixing you if piss PAP off ??Why did JBJ, Tang Liang Hong, Francis Seow, CSJ, Ling How Doong etc end up this way then ??
<a href="http://www.facebook.com/workersparty/posts/371739072921293?comment_id=1997466&offset=50&total_comments=126" data-ft="{&quot;tn&quot;:&quot;N&quot;}" class="uiLinkSubtle" id=".reactRoot[17].[1][2][1]{comment371739072921293_1997466}.0.[1].0.[1].0.[1].[0].[0]"><abbr title="Wednesday, January 9, 2013 at 10:04pm" data-utime="1357740286" class="livetimestamp" id=".reactRoot[17].[1][2][1]{comment371739072921293_1997466}.0.[1].0.[1].0.[1].[0].[0].0">22 hours ago</abbr> · Unlike · 19

pinkpanther7

Alfrescian
Loyal
SDP: We will walk the ground at Punggol East!
WP: (silence)
SDP: We will hold talks about what to do with Punggol East!
SDP: We will do the right thing in the name of opposition unity! (Or not)
SDP: fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap

Pray tel, what is
fapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfapfap

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Anyone cares to bet?

After the release of the letter to LTK by CSJ containing the threat, the dye has been cast. The attempt to blackmail LTK would not go down well with voters. SDP has now painted itself in a corner.

Even if all the SDP members and supporters including the CEC are keen to field an SP candidate, knowing enough of VW, TSL, Ang or PT. I am certain that all 4 of them are sensible enough not to damage SDP or the opposition cause any further. Thats leave a bare cupboard where quality professionals are concerned. That leaves the political charlatan who has issues with submission of forms not once but twice and also the part time prostitute both of whom are not worth much in terms of votes.

Common sense will prevail. SDP should aim for 2016 and work the ground.

SDP should patiently wait for the next 3 years to come. General Electiions have a lot to distribute and share among the opposition party. SDP should focus its fire and ammunition on handling Teo Ho Pin in Bukit Panjan. I believe Teo is a spent force after the AIM saga, same for Khaw Boon Wan.:oIo:

If opposition wanted to have multi-corner fight, so be it and do it silently without criticising each other. WP was able to do that with magnamity and I hope other opposition learns some PR skills from Low Thia Kiang.

kukubird58

Alfrescian
Loyal
hahaha...open your eyes and see who have been blatantly and openly bad mouthing opps figures in this forum.....lol.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For further evidence one only needs to look at how poorly the Holland/Bukit Timah team performed, despite being perhaps the second strongest team to be fielded out of all the opposition contesting GRCs.

Not really, the bulk of responsibilities lie in the daftness of Holland/Bukit Timah residents.

Wildfire

Alfrescian
Loyal
.... For further evidence one only needs to look at how poorly the Holland/Bukit Timah team performed, despite being perhaps the second strongest team to be fielded out of all the opposition contesting GRCs.

No really, in fact, SDP's Holland/Bukit Timah Team is their best performer garnering 39.9% of votes ie. at par with
the national average opposition votes of 39.9% while their party's overall average were only 36.7%!

They accompanied their mission successfully: secured all the available opposition votes for Holland/Bukit Timah GRC:biggrin:

Last edited:

billisnotathome

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not really, the bulk of responsibilities lie in the daftness of Holland/Bukit Timah residents.

Sinkies are kiasi buggers and the SDP 'brand' will need a fuck load more than a couple of desultory walkabouts to convince people that they are no longer the 'troublemakers' that Sinkies perceive them to be.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
Don't raise your hope. The SDP will not withdraw.

It's silly and delusional to believe that the SDP actually believes or expects the WP to meet up with it when a simple cheng tng incident in September 2006 was enough for the Chinese Chauvinist in the Workers Party to show his black face and acute displeasure at the temerity of the young WP members in his party to buy some bags of cheng tng for Chee and party as a mark of comradeship.

The letters are for a reason. It is as intended. For public record.

The Chinese Chauvinist that Low Thia Khiang is should not be be allowed to remain hidden in his racial closet. It needs to be exposed. The public multiracial facade that Low has been allowed to maintain successfully for years needs to be destroyed. His acute racism and racial chauvinism need to be made known to the minority communities.

Low Thia Khiang's private and disparaging remarks and views about Malays and Indians and his scathing and chauvinistic beliefs about JBJ's South Asian heritage need to be made known to the minority communities. The Malays and Indians, who will play kingmakers, will have to decide whether they want to continue to support an incorrigible Chinese Chauvinist as they did in Aljunied.

In Lee Kuan Yew's eyes, the enemy of my enemy is my friend. Low Thia Khiang was only allowed to survive to help LKY destroy JBJ and Lee's political enemies. He has been rewarded ever since for his success in doing so. His racial and cultural chauvinism society were never exposed by Lee as they should have been.

To the Malay and Indian communities, my simple message to you is this. Do not be fooled by Low's multicultural charade and acts of racial tokenism. I know this man. I know his private beliefs. Until the WP is led by genuine multiracialists, withdraw the support you have given to WP which had enabled it to win Aljunied GRC.

The WP's SAPS' half-brains, racists and "Guess the Race' bigots that you have encountered in forums such as these and in public will be further emboldened by this Chinese Chauvinist's political success.

Please spread the word to your communities.
LTK has been a public figure for 21 years as MP. Whatever hidden thoughts he has would have been exposed by now. Yet you are only able to tell people to believe you blindly. On what basis? Try harder next time.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is no threat or blackmail, the SDP letter appears to be a request for cooperation.

Prefer a free contest in the name of democracy..

Read SDP/CSJ emails properly. They are all INVITATION. Only host INVITE guest. And guess whose rule will the guest played to?