• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SDP to contest Punggol East SMC BE

sleaguepunter

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this a good chance to see which parties the ppl trust. instead of claiming to be the best opposition, the BE will once and for all let all know which party the ppl trust most of all.

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I can't but LOL at this statement.

TPL have consistently been championing healthcare issues in Parliament compared that to
PEH - who havent done anything yet(and to be fair still a bit early to do anything)
Pritam - consistently embarrassing himself in Parliament
The rest of the Aljunied team who seem to be competing with each other on who can make the least noise

When one can easily come up with something that TPL is championing yet struggle to find something that the entire WP team have been doing, I think the statement have some truth in it. The biggest disappointment is probably CSM, all the hype, yet done absolutely nothing in Parliament. The silence from the WP camp is so bad that I've seen a few of their supporters defending their inaction in Parliament with their work in their own GRCs, eh doesn't TPL have a GRC she needs to take care of as well?

Last edited:

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
1. ... Others may argue that since WP appeared to discount the SDA’s claim on the ward in 2011, it has less clout to negotiate for others to make way.

SDA's claim on the ward? Judging by the SDA's score, I'd ask "claim what?".

2. ... the opposition parties may be betting on an upset.

With 3CF, 4CF or more, it WILL be an upset if the White Scums lose.

4. ... Win or lose, participants know they are going to get some good exposure simply by competing. The publicity might be even worth risking their deposit for.

Respectable score, yes, good exposure. Lose deposit, example the Fatty Desmond's way? I think not.

And with 3CF, 4CF or more, maybe all Oppo candidates will go the Fatty Desmond's way.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It's not so much about whose territories/turf, but rather who has the best chance to deny the White Scums one more seat.

i think WP wouldn't be too upset with not winning the seat ( first objective ) but the realization of the secondary objective is necessary so that the By-election is not a waste of time for them - to show rest of Opposition parties: WP is King. pointless to fight with WP for Opposition votes. it will also send a strong signal to NSP to fuck off from Tampines in GE2015.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
nothing is confirmed until announcement on nomination day.

Until then, all is wayang and misinformation to throw everyone off the scent.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Other than WP, the other parties are wasting their time and deposit there. Also eroding the Opposition's share of the vote!

With such a pathetic Oppo momentum going at the moment, I think only the White Scums can claim they are not wasting their resources.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
At the end of the day, its the votes of the Punggol residents that matters most..

Sad to say, I don't have any high hopes for our fellow Sporeans staying in that part of the country..

They'll let us down again during Polling day..

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
The seat choping argument makes no sense unless there is a credible link or evidence of a link being forged in a serious manner. Even then that is only part of the equation. The second part is to allow the best candidate available to contest. I am fully aware that every man and his dog has the right to contest but the seat choping argument is not even a valid argument in the first place. These are not musical chairs.

I am also concerned that people perceive this as a stand endorsed and approved WP CEC. I am sure they are more sensible than that. I am also sure that sometimes there has to be some level of play-acting to retain the loyalty of the lesser lights within the party especially those who worked the ground in the ward in question. You simple can't write them off and give up on the ward. You got to give them time to take it in that they might not be able to cut the mustard compared to a better candidate from another opposition party that is prepared to stand.

In the Moulmein case, NSP had very little ground to stand on based on past performance. And frankly the long standing people behind NSP always had questions marks.

Working the ground has also carried a level of importance that does not correspond with expectations of an MP. How an MP fairs in Parliament, his effectiveness in serving his constituents and his role in contributing to the national agenda far outweighs his links to the ground or how familiar he or she is with the people in his chosen ward.

mojito

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ong Ye Kung lah. The guy who contested in Aljunied GRC and claimed in an ST interview that he likes to play football and his former classmates once told him there was no test when there was. :biggrin:

Oh? Quite a surprise. I imagined he is much younger than he looks on the mug shot.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Like GMS mentioned, WP has ran out of good candidates,

Of course, because Mr I'm-always-correct aka Mr I-always-have-the-last-word said so

, ..also WP has done next to nothing in Parliament after more than a year

Not from whatever intel I'd gathered from the kopitiams. Where did you get yours?

===EDIT===
However I also agree WP should withdraw if there is going to be 3CF, 4CF or more. No point contesting when the result is more or less concluded. Might as well move whatever candidate/resource allocated to Punggol East to elsewhere and let the voters there repent.

Last edited:

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has robustness in Parliament worked? Did JBJ achieve anything with being robust in Parliament? Those in the know kindly elucidate.

There will come a time to be robust in Parliament.

It's definitely not now, when the White Scums has absolute control over any and everything.

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
..., they however have more than enough numbers to bring up valid issues in Parliament, something which other than maybe YJJ, WP have not been doing. Unfortunately he was not elected. When TPL have been upstaging all their elected members combined for the past year,.

TPL? Out-of-depth Tin Tin? 1st April was long over. The next one is still a few months away.

Which country's Parliamentary sessions have you been watching, accidentally?

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
TPL have consistently been championing healthcare issues in Parliament compared that to

Strangely when I Google "Tin Pei Ling parliament" I found a lot of links on Old White Scum walking off when out-of-depth spoke, a Facebook page asking for her to be removed as MP, about her "stomping feet", but zero about her touching on healthcare. Care to help?

PEH - who havent done anything yet(and to be fair still a bit early to do anything)
The rest of the Aljunied team who seem to be competing with each other on who can make the least noise

Workhorse Ah Huat
http://forums.delphiforums.com/3in1kopitiam/messages?msg=67726.1

Ah Singh
http://forums.delphiforums.com/3in1kopitiam/messages?msg=67427.1

Tell me who else you are interested next.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
So much for Opposition Unity!!! Any wonder now why voters will vote in PaP??

Opposition unity disappeared since last GE.
WP opened up a pandora's box that cannot be close again. It was a foolish thing they did unless they saw themselves as PAP partner

Last edited:

SgParent

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think WP wouldn't be too upset with not winning the seat ( first objective ) but the realization of the secondary objective is necessary so that the By-election is not a waste of time for them - to show rest of Opposition parties: WP is King. pointless to fight with WP for Opposition votes. it will also send a strong signal to NSP to fuck off from Tampines in GE2015.

Does that mean WP is aiming to make it a duopoly? It's an improvement from a monopoly but still far from a healthy competition that always, always benefits the consumers.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal

When one can easily come up with something that TPL is championing yet struggle to find something that the entire WP team have been doing, I think the statement have some truth in it. The biggest disappointment is probably CSM, all the hype, yet done absolutely nothing in Parliament. The silence from the WP camp is so bad that I've seen a few of their supporters defending their inaction in Parliament with their work in their own GRCs, eh doesn't TPL have a GRC she needs to take care of as well?

Frankly, all CSM does is photo ops. Full of fluff n hot air.

Goh Meng Seng

Alfrescian (InfP) [Comp]
Generous Asset
You are just living in self denial.

It is not just me who are saying WP's performance is really mediocre, dude.

Even for JJ, I would say that you cannot be "ONE ISSUE MP" for all your life! No doubt he is good in his pet issue, education, but no, you can't just be ONE ISSUE MP.

And it is NOT just CSM's performance that has dropped far below expectation, it is almost all WP MPs.... Well, for one thing you are right, I cannot just blame single person for that "Lucky Draw for VOTE" kind of blunder. ALL Aljunied GRC MPs should be responsible.

Goh Meng Seng

I am quite sure that WP is bad because of Chen Show Mao's performance but if YJJ is good, then it is YJJ that is good and not WP.

I have seen this line of argument from Goh Meng Seng before but doesn't cut any ice with me. Either both YJJ and CSM are WP, or they are both not.

I can't but LOL at this statement.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly Goh, what exactly is wrong with WP? I can't believe they are so weak in parliament. There must be a catch to all this.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are just living in self denial.

It is not just me who are saying WP's performance is really mediocre, dude.

Even for JJ, I would say that you cannot be "ONE ISSUE MP" for all your life! No doubt he is good in his pet issue, education, but no, you can't just be ONE ISSUE MP.

And it is NOT just CSM's performance that has dropped far below expectation, it is almost all WP MPs.... Well, for one thing you are right, I cannot just blame single person for that "Lucky Draw for VOTE" kind of blunder. ALL Aljunied GRC MPs should be responsible.

Goh Meng Seng

please roll over and drop dead.

You are now making CSJ look good