• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Samantha says HDB heartlanders have no culture

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: Heartlanders not "cultured" enough for Holland V

Holland V is full of flats and stuff like that where got elitist? All cos it has a few restaurants with riddiculous ang moh names doesn't make it more elite.

ashjaw

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with her 100%. Those freakin' heartlanders are the bane of Sinkie society. They're an utter disgrace and a huge blight on the cultural landscape of the little red dot.

I'd go further and ban anyone who is not from an elite Mission School from entering the Holland Village area.

I thought you said you are staying in a one room flat in Toa Payoh? Isn't that a heartland too? so are you a disgrace? Perhaps you are a high class heartlander who has good fashion sense? :rolleyes:

dysentry

Alfrescian
Loyal
Holland V has the most expensive 3-roomers in Singapore besides Rochor, especially with that MRT entrance built right in front of Cold Storage and One North providing so many jobs.

khunking

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore

Home > Breaking News > Singapore > Story

Mar 25, 2011

WEB EXCLUSIVE
Holland V radio caller sorry for taunting heartlanders

<!-- by line -->By Ashutosh Ravikrishnan
<!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar -->
ST_19578043.jpg
A woman known only as Samantha on Friday apologised for calling heartlanders 'not cultured' on 91.3FM's The Married Men. -- PHOTO BY KENNETH KOH

<!-- story content : start -->
THE woman who pitted Holland Village against the heartlanders of Singapore has apologised on public radio.
She once again called 91.3FM's The Married Men on Friday morning and said that she wanted to retract her words expressed on radio in the above show, about the heartlanders of Singapore.
Known only as Samantha, she further explained that she was at a Starbucks outlet at Holland Village on Wednesday when she heard vulgarities from two men dressed in slippers and shorts.
She was ticked off by their actions and dressing and decided to call in to 91.3FM's The Married Men - on Wednesday - to rant.
It caused a stir online among netizens, and on Facebook too among friends who found links to the broadcast segment.
The show has a daily segment for Singaporeans to call in and air their grievances. Nothing is off limits as the station does not want to restrict its listeners.
Samantha began her rant about heartlanders and their alleged invasion of Holland Village.
'Oh gosh, I live in Holland Village and I just can't understand why people from the heartlands want to come here, because we people are cultured and you heartlanders are definitely not cultured.'
HEARTLANDERS
She went on to define heartlanders as people who lived in areas such as 'Ang Mo Kio, Yishun, Toa Payoh and 'the nearby Bukit Batok'.
When asked how she could tell that somebody was a heartlander, she cheekily said that heartlanders were easily identifiable. She said they had no manners, talked loudly and wore cheap clothes 'like those you buy off Bugis Street'.
One of her qualms with heartlanders was that they liked to 'shove and push' everybody. She added that some Caucasians along Orchard Road had also complained of the same thing.
91.3FM then opened the telephone lines once again and another woman, Maddy, called in to express her views.
She introduced herself as living in Bedok. To this, Samantha let out an audible 'Oh my God' in the phone exchange on radio.
The two argued for five minutes. Maddy defended heartlanders, stating that they are 'pretty much well-educated and pretty much carry themselves well'.
Samantha refused to give in and said that heartlanders needed to stay were they were.
Maddy asked her: 'Every heartlander earns their money, so why can't we go (to Holland Village)?'
To this, Samantha questioned heartlanders' ability to afford the things that people in Holland Village enjoyed, such as a bowl of laksa, which she claims is more expensive in Holland Village than in Bedok.
Deejay and host Rod Monteiro stopped the discussion due to time constraints, but that didn't stop other listeners from calling in throughout the day to express their amazement and anger at Samantha's comments. Not one caller supported Samantha and her comments in any way.
The blogosphere also reacted strongly to the stories and many outraged netizens began to attack Samantha and her opinions.
After a day of reflection, Samantha decided to make the public apology.
However, it seems that this isn't enough for some listeners, who later called in and complained about the insincerity of Samantha's apology.
Mr Monteiro admits that he was put off by Samantha's comments, but told The Straits Times Online that he did understand where she was coming from - a place of anger.
'Everybody says things they don't mean when they're angry...three hours later...they look back and ask themselves 'Did I really say that?' he added.

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Holland V doesn't even look so classy. I mean just one kopitiam in the middle. One wet market that's open in the day along with a 7-11 and the usual heartlander shops. Perhaps the pubs there might be slightly more upmarket than the heartlander places but that's about it.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal
sorry to everyone, as i just join for a few mths, i really don't know what is happening.

Question: is tonychat wife really a trans? if yes, how do u all find out???

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
sorry to everyone, as i just join for a few mths, i really don't know what is happening.

Question: is tonychat wife really a trans? if yes, how do u all find out???

some of the forumers tried his wife before and leak the whole episode out

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
holland village also got a lot hdb flat right? 3 room, 4 room and 5 room all have. so is it a heartland too?

What Heartland rubbish? Tats just an excuse...... Holland V is well known among the "elite" as the place where the local tertiary students providing FL services wait to be picked up...... of course they do not want "outsiders" to go there.

dietcoke

Alfrescian
Loyal

Are you sure??!!:eek::eek::eek:

i mean, how can he sell his own 'wife' to other people??

To tonychat: is it true that u sell ur wife? and also is it true that ur wife is a trans?

moolightaffairs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What Heartland rubbish? Tats just an excuse...... Holland V is well known among the "elite" as the place where the local tertiary students providing FL services wait to be picked up...... of course they do not want "outsiders" to go there.

wah! u OKT! like that u also know! used to lah kopi at kopi ji there quite a lot. observed some this kind of activities! those nus gals look so approachable! :biggrin:

sukhoi-30

Alfrescian
Loyal
Frankly we were discussing this Samantha thing and alot of my friends do not believe this is a real,spontaneous or really genuine thing. Many of us believe this is staged to garner more listeners for the station as well as creating a buzz among Singaporeans because such "insensitive outburst" defintely touches raw nerves and will ignite widespread exciting news coverage, which is happening exactly now.

Taiwanese media often uses this strategy to garner support among listerners and viewers and even Channel 8 did it before in some programme( quarrels in a "Live programme between Chen Yifeng and Michelle Chong i rem) and this holland V espisode is the same. Unless the media can expose this Samantha publicly and personally interview her, many S'poreans will know this is staged.

therockz

Alfrescian
Loyal

You mean "Some of the forummers tried his wife before and leaked it out". Samantha could teach you some English so you will stop disgracing yourself here. If you have no money, which is most probably the case with people like you, maybe you could open your mouth and let her urine into it for payment.

allanlee

Alfrescian
Loyal
wah! u OKT! like that u also know! used to lah kopi at kopi ji there quite a lot. observed some this kind of activities! those nus gals look so approachable! :biggrin:

No lah..... me no OKT....... my kakis working in Science Park / Biopolis area bring me there for FL kangtao coz Geylang too far away.