• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SAF regular found dead at Nee Soon Camp

ThugSin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
NS is killing SG!

A Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) regular of Military Expert 2 (ME2) rank died at Nee Soon Camp on Friday morning.
Yahoo Singapore understands the deceased, whose name has not been revealed, was a senior course instructor from the SAF’s Medical Training Institute. He is believed to have hanged himself.
It is not clear if the deceased was pronounced dead at Nee Soon Camp or elsewhere.
An ambulance, CID (Criminal Investigation Department) vehicle, five police cars, and military police were spotted by an eyewitness at Nee Soon Camp around the time of the incident, said to be 8.15am.
If confirmed, this would be the third suicide by hanging of an SAF regular in the last three years, after a 2nd Sergeant at Changi Naval Base in 2012 and a 1st Warrant Officer at a Lentor training area in 2013.
Yahoo Singapore has reached out to the Ministry of Defence for comment.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/saf-regular-found-dead-at-nee-soon-camp-052535123.html

Alfrescian
Loyal
ME2 is equivalent to around 1SG or 2SG so this guy quite young..........typically girl problem or gambling problem....

chootchiew

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NS is killing SG!

A Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) regular of Military Expert 2 (ME2) rank died at Nee Soon Camp on Friday morning.
Yahoo Singapore understands the deceased, whose name has not been revealed, was a senior course instructor from the SAF’s Medical Training Institute. He is believed to have hanged himself.
It is not clear if the deceased was pronounced dead at Nee Soon Camp or elsewhere.
An ambulance, CID (Criminal Investigation Department) vehicle, five police cars, and military police were spotted by an eyewitness at Nee Soon Camp around the time of the incident, said to be 8.15am.
If confirmed, this would be the third suicide by hanging of an SAF regular in the last three years, after a 2nd Sergeant at Changi Naval Base in 2012 and a 1st Warrant Officer at a Lentor training area in 2013.
Yahoo Singapore has reached out to the Ministry of Defence for comment.

https://sg.news.yahoo.com/saf-regular-found-dead-at-nee-soon-camp-052535123.html

Eh..hanged himself title cannot be NS is killing SG liao.
Should be something like ..Hantu is killing NS, or Pappy is killing Sg,:cool:

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NS is the leading cause of depression and suicide....people feel trapped and pressured because u can't run from it...u run they charge u for AWOL and throw u into that hellhole....u run saf will chase u till the end of the world....the only way out is suicide!!!!

krafty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pity, i have friends who signed on at an early age to get one sum bonus, last time, they always put advertisements in cinemas trying to brainwash those young lads into thinking it's a good career in SAF.

they never know that SAF stands for "serve and fuck off"

Regulars are voluntary sign on. Nobody force them to be regulars.

If they are unhappy they can resign no? hehe..

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
When I was a BMT recruit the previous batch of recruits before mine had a suicide case.

It was then when the SAF had set up a SAF hotline, and 'orientation officers' to go around and ask recruits if they have any problems.

Gotta love the hypocrisy and feigning of concern shown by those morons. :wink:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
During reservist training, we were told not to "hang" around the canteen or anywhere conspicuous.

I never expected that expression to be taken literally.

JHolmesJr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Killing yourself is the easy way out...its much harder to live on and fight on.

Poor chap....he probably had no friends to talk him out of it.

ThugSin

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When I was a BMT recruit the previous batch of recruits before mine had a suicide case.

It was then when the SAF had set up a SAF hotline, and 'orientation officers' to go around and ask recruits if they have any problems.

I saw other coy leecroots who call the saf hotline to comprain , end up they got whack X2 :biggrin: LOL

McDonaldsKid

Alfrescian
Loyal
I might be wrong but I think many young men who sign suddenly come into contact with a lot of money (i.e. sign on bonus or what-have-yous) and then spend like nobody's business.

Wonder if money problems are the cause of suicide in this case.