• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

SAF MEs same the dumbest things!

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ME4-2 Phang Chun Yang - so this chap is not just ME4 ...but a ME4-2. Is there a ME4-9? What does the number indicate? I am totally confused.

Bet that this ME rank will be gone in 5 years.

bushtucker

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The whole ME thing is very confusing. I have no idea who are "officers" who are "NCOs" and their relative degree of seniority, and how the hell am I suppose to address them

we just call them mee pok and mee kia in reference to the thick and thin lines of their rank insignia.

Jlokta

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The whole ME thing is very confusing. I have no idea who are "officers" who are "NCOs" and their relative degree of seniority, and how the hell am I suppose to address them

I cannot agree more.

Why do we need ME in the first place? What's wrong with the old system of just occifers and other ranks?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The ME Club.

meclublogo.png

PhilipsM

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking at the fact that the SAF has never fought in any war other than being stationed far far far far away from the battlefield, or participated in humanitarian effort which is far far far far away from any action, these kuti kuti act to boost the morale of the "never fought a war soldiers", and recognise that regardless what they wear, they are just medals obtained from passing some tests.

I would be so embarrass to call myself an "expert" of something, or to declare that I have master certain skills. This is such an arrogant attitude. But if this can boost someone else's small ego....sigh....

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You are right, but it still doesn't warrant (pardon the pun) setting up a parallel rank structure. They could easily have kept the existing rank and given them a different badge or collar dot to indicate their status.

ME can retire at a later age?

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
ME4-2 Phang Chun Yang - so this chap is not just ME4 ...but a ME4-2. Is there a ME4-9? What does the number indicate? I am totally confused.

Bet that this ME rank will be gone in 5 years.

Not until the PAP is gone. Our foreign military counterparts must be laughing.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right, but it still doesn't warrant (pardon the pun) setting up a parallel rank structure. They could easily have kept the existing rank and given them a different badge or collar dot to indicate their status.

exactly. It is not copycat of the US WO system where that one is for true experienced personnel.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We're the only country to have weird sounding positions..

In cabinet we have,

Minister Mentor

Emeritus Senior Minister

Meanwhile in our military we have,

Military Experts

Senior Lieutenant Colonels..

Uniquely Sinkiepore......

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We're the only country to have weird sounding positions..

In cabinet we have,

Minister Mentor

Emeritus Senior Minister

Meanwhile in our military we have,

Military Experts

Senior Lieutenant Colonels..

Uniquely Sinkiepore......

Bus Captains.
rofl.gif