• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Sad incident @Ttsh

Hanslesley73

Alfrescian
Loyal
run
don't die
just run
make sure your family is well taken care of
and run
just run and reinvent yourself
do what you've not done before
live the life you've been dreaming of
and run just run
for you may be dead to your loved ones
we are still being loved forever more
so run just run
do what needs to be done
and run just run
change what needs to be changed
and run just run
for we will see you
in another light
in another world
in another time and another place
so run just run
Good idea! This is much better than suicide. :biggrin:

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
No i am just the same.
If you want to be financially secure you have to serve the customer
You have to give up who you are. Bend over. Be vulnerable and be violated
Brother, this is part and parcel of life. I used to have Japanese and Koreans as my clients. You should know how demanding the Japanese are and how unreasonable the Koreans are? At the end of the day, to say that I was not angry with them is total bull-shit, but I take these as challengers. The Japanese work culture made me even stronger and more resilient. In fact, they taught me how to work smarter and more efficient to preempt faults that you won't normally expect. That is why they have been technologically successful.

I don't put what I'd learned from them to waste but made good use of them and eventually, I became more confident of myself and successful (and coincidentally, also richer). That's where I am today.

capamerica

Alfrescian
Loyal
The thought of having children and grandchildren is enough to make me want to kill myself on the spot.

In this day and age when contraception is cheap and easy I honestly don't understand why children keep popping out. Surely sex can be enjoyed without having to face the consequences 9 months later.

the thought of you propagating is the horror here.

mankind is doomed as it is, allowing your filth will only make it worse

capamerica

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is what happens when social distancing, lockdowns and masks are implemented.

wrong. again. lets see that is 0 for 205 tries. all failed.

https://www.reuters.com/article/uk-...d-19-lockdowns-have-saved-lives-idUSKBN2842WS

Fact check: Studies show COVID-19 lockdowns have saved lives
By Reuters Staff
12 MIN READ

As many states enter a new wave of more stringent measures to limit the spread of COVID-19, users on social media have been sharing posts that question the purpose of so called “lockdowns”. Some posts falsely claim that these measures “don’t save lives”. This article examines some of the reasons why lockdowns have been called, and how effective they have been.

Reuters Fact Check. REUTERS
An example of a lockdown-sceptic post circulating on social media ( here ) features the screenshot of an entry in the Merriam-Webster Dictionary on the word “lockdown”, which includes a definition that reads: “the confinement of prisoners to their cells for all or most of the day as a temporary security measure”. The image has an overlaid text that reads: “Never forget where the word LOCKDOWN comes from… A loving government isn’t trying to save you from COVID…it is using COVID to justify MARTIAL LAW”
While this definition is indeed included in the Merriam-Webster Dictionary entry here , the screenshot fails to show two further definitions. According to Merriam Webster, the term also stands for a “temporary condition” imposed by authorities, for example, during the outbreak of an epidemic disease, “in which people are require to stay in their homes and refrain from limit activities outside the home involving public contact (such as dining out or attending large gatherings)”.
An article by The Guardian delves into the evolution of the meaning of the word lockdown here .
In April, Reuters debunked a similar claim that the U.S. coronavirus response was “slowly introducing” martial law and found it to be false ( here ) .
LOCKDOWNS
Reuters has reported on international studies that have determined that lockdowns potentially have saved millions of lives here .
However, it is also true that some lockdown measures may have a direct impact on a person’s income and mental health. Further reading about short, mid and long-term effects of lockdowns are visible here .
The World Health Organization (WHO) explains here that such measures can have “a profound negative impact on individuals, communities and societies by bringing social and economic life to a near stop”, something that according to the organization, disproportionately affect vulnerable groups.

But evidence also suggest that stringent but temporary restrictions, could actually benefit the economic recovery because they reduce the spread of the disease. The International Monetary Fund, for example, determined here that while lockdowns “impose short-term costs” they may lead to “a faster economic recovery. The organization states that “by bringing infections under control, lockdowns may thus pave the way to a faster economic recovery as people feel more comfortable about resuming normal activities” ( bit.Iy/2UXoIUy page 74).
Reuters contacted two experts, Dr. Elizabeth Stuart, Associate Dean for Education at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health ( here ) and Dr. Stuart Ray, infectious disease expert with the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine ( here ) . Both confirmed that lockdowns do reduce transmission of the SARS-Cov-2 and highlighted that a more “targeted” or “proportional” approach of restrictions can mitigate the risk of infection, while balancing other concerns about the economy and mental health.
WHY LOCKDOWNS?
Without a treatment or vaccine available, Stuart said, the world had to rely on “really core behavioral factors”, such as physical distancing, hands washing, wearing masks, that have been used as “effective ways” of preventing transmission of infectious diseases in the past. “They do help”, she said.
Ray pointed to evidence ( here and here ) that has suggested that the spread of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is mitigated by “progressively stringent measures”, such as stay-at-home orders.
A MORE TARGETED APPROACH
“In March we had all had to lockdown because so little was known”, Stuart said. But she added that as experts have learnt more about the disease and how it spreads, it has appeared there are ways to implement a more targeted approach to this measure.
“I wouldn’t even call them lockdowns, but more ‘targeted interventions’, that restrict the higher risk activities but allow lower risk activities to precede”, Stuart said.

Stuart referred to Michigan as an example. On Nov. 15, in response to a surge in COVID-19 cases, Gov. Gretchen Whitmer announced new restrictions for the state and asked people to be cautious, to avoid a stay-at-home order ( youtu.be/WQi001dquQo?t=751 ) . As reported here by CBS Detroit, the new order states that “high schools and colleges must halt-in person classes, restaurants must stop indoor dining” as well as limitation of gathering sizes and a temporary closure of entertainment businesses. See new emergency order bit.Iy/39eb0oS .
Ray dismissed the need for a national stay-at-home order but rather referred to “staged or proportional” measures depending on the risk, in which “things are more restrictive when the prevalence of new infections is higher”. He highlighted the need for “really clear national messaging” and said that not all places needed the same measures at the same time. To limit the impact of this pandemic, he said, “we have to have everyone understand the status where they are and where transmissions are happening nearby”.
SURVIVAL RATE
Some posts that attempt to dismiss the role of stricter measures to reduce the spread of the new coronavirus argue that COVID-19 has a survival rate of over 99% ( here ).
While the exact mortality rate of COVID-19 is still not known, a hypothetical rate of 1% would still result in a massive number of deaths if left to spread unchecked.
When asked about this claim, Stuart told Reuters that one out of a hundred was still a “high mortality”, adding that there was a “ripple effect of consequences” for a lot of people, not just the deceased individual. “If there are reasonable preventive strategies that we can take in order to reduce that even further we should do that”, she said.
While it appears that a high percentage of people recover from the disease, Ray noted that “there are also non- lethal complications of COVID-19 that are important, so it is challenging to relax control measures when the spread is high”. Further reading about the lingering known effects of COVID-19 is visible here , here and here .

MENTAL HEALTH
Other posts also argue that these restrictions “don’t save lives”, citing an alleged increase in suicides here.
instagram-image-CH3zY-Zg8t4

Earlier this year, experts warned here that COVID-19 might increase suicide rates, citing adverse effects on people with mental illness and the population in general “might be exacerbated by fear, self-isolation, and physical distancing” and “well-recognised risk factors for suicide” like loss of employment and financial stressors.
Richard Dunn, associate Professor of Agricultural and Resource Economics at the University of Connecticut ( here ), who has studied the relation between mental health and the economy, told Reuters by email that arguments for why lockdowns may increase suicide risk present valid arguments, but that “they are selective” and that some of these arguments “ignore important countervailing effects”.
According to Dunn, such countervailing effects include technology that facilitates social contact ( here ), and a “locus of control” ( here ) through which individuals can take proactive steps to help prevent the spread of COVID-19. “Suicide risk increases as individuals feel they lack control over their life and what control they do have is without worth,” said Dunn.
In addition, Dunn said, is the concept of “social connectedness”, which tends to increase in the face of a communal threat, such as a pandemic. “During wars and natural disasters, despite their great economic upheaval, suicide rates tend to drop because people rally to a common cause,” he said. To exemplify this, Dunn referred to the numerous scenes from around the world of people cheering health workers from their balconies ( here , here ).

VERDICT
Some posts on the issue of lockdowns are missing context, and some present information that is contradicted by international studies. While it is true that more restrictive measures that aim to control the spread of SARS-CoV-2 can have an impact in income and mental health, multiple studies suggest that stay-at-home orders and other nonpharmaceutical interventions have a determining role in reducing the transmission of the virus. Experts highlight that a more “targeted” approach rather than a “nationwide” lockdown, can limit the impact of the pandemic while balancing other economic, mental health and social concerns.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Brother, this is part and parcel of life. I used to have Japanese and Koreans as my clients. You should know how demanding the Japanese are and how unreasonable the Koreans are? At the end of the day, to say that I was not angry with them is total bull-shit, but I take these as challengers. The Japanese work culture made me even stronger and more resilient. In fact, they taught me how to work smarter and more efficient to preempt faults that you won't normally expect. That is why they have been technologically successful.

I don't put what I'd learned from them to waste but made good use of them and eventually, I became more confident of myself and successful (and coincidentally, also richer). That's where I am today.

Thanks for sharing brother. So do you still deal with many demanding clients on the service level on a daily basis? Or did you move up the management ladder? If you had to stay at the lowest level and keep serving the demanding customers and pander to whims and fancies your entire life (albeit they pay you quite good salary how you feel?)

I am not complaining. Clearly I chose this line I am in and have chosen to continue in it till I pass on. But as you know it is quite painful. Part of it is knowing there is no hope for that promotion to get me out, no hope for the advancement in career to no longer have to deal with these demanding clients (40+ per day) . It is the same even if I change companies.

Last edited:

KuanTi01

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Tan Tock Seng Hospital (TTSH)
52 minutes ago
We are saddened that a 27-year-old outpatient had passed on at our hospital today. She was on follow-up care at our clinic and had attended a clinic appointment this morning accompanied by her family. Witnesses had found her at the Basement 2 escalator lobby of our Medical Centre. CCTV footage shows that she had climbed over the railing and jumped off at Level 6. Our medical staff attended to her immediately. She was brought to our Emergency Department and despite our efforts, had later succumbed to her injuries. Our doctor and medical social worker are with her family to offer them our full support. Investigations are ongoing and we are working with the police on this matter.
Our heartfelt sympathies and deepest condolences to her family. We will continue to render assistance to the family during this difficult period

Just so tragic. Such a young life extinguished just like that leaving behind her family members as good as walking dead! RIP.

Ralders

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just so tragic. Such a young life extinguished just like that leaving behind her family members as good as walking dead! RIP.
Might had been diagnosed with illness not covid and too much to accept.

Cause at current situation and still able to appointment . Surely not a simple ailment

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for sharing brother. So do you still deal with many demanding clients on the service level on a daily basis? Or did you move up the management ladder? If you had to stay at the lowest level and keep serving the demanding customers and pander to whims and fancies your entire life (albeit they pay you quite good salary how you feel?)

I am not complaining. Clearly I chose this line I am in and have chosen to continue in it till I pass on. But as you know it is quite painful. Part of it is knowing there is no hope for that promotion to get me out, no hope for the advancement in career to no longer have to deal with these demanding clients (40+ per day) . It is the same even if I change companies.
I was in the service industry for over 30 about 20 years, with a few different companies of course, with the last post being a Service Manager. Having retired for more than 10 years, I have accumulated good experience to deal with the difficulties of life and coupled with worthy and timely investments, I'm now living with surpluses every month with recurring passive incomes.

I have also shared my experiences with my daughter so that she can lead a more satisfactory life. Not to be unexpected, she also has encountered setbacks along in her career, but I am among one of those giving her support, guidance and encouragement, so that she can pull on with life. Eventually, she will inherit what we have remain. My wife and I have nothing financial to worry about. Our only fear is hopefully not to be saddled with a critical illness as we aged. Look on the brighter side brother. Cheers.

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I was in the service industry for over 30 years, with a few different companies of course, with the last post being a Service Manager. Having retired for more than 10 years, I have accumulated good experience to deal with the difficulties of life and coupled with worthy and timely investments, I'm now living with surpluses every month with recurring passive incomes.

I have also shared my experiences with my daughter so that she can lead a more satisfactory life. Not to be unexpected, she also has encountered setbacks along in her career, but I am among one of those giving her support, guidance and encouragement, so that she can pull on with life. Eventually, she will inherit what we have remain. My wife and I have nothing financial to worry about. Our only fear is hopefully not to be saddled with a critical illness as we aged. Look on the brighter side brother. Cheers.
You are a good father.

My own father belittles me when I speak of my difficulties in my work and when facing difficult demanding customers.

His words are "Your job is so simple! If I was a doctor I would be the best doctor in the world. Being a doctor is so easy!"

I wish you well.

For myself I wish nothing more than to die right away and end this stupid stinking fucking worthless life of mine.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are a good father.

My own father belittles me when I speak of my difficulties in my work and when facing difficult demanding customers.

His words are "Your job is so simple! If I was a doctor I would be the best doctor in the world. Being a doctor is so easy!"

I wish you well.

For myself I wish nothing more than to die right away and end this stupid stinking fucking worthless life of mine.
I can only say that you decide your own destiny. Think seriously about this.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
I can only say that you decide your own destiny. Think seriously about this.

Yes. You are correct. Actually I am fully aware of the aspects of my opinions.

It is up to me how I want to think. One could choose to make change. Fight. Improve. Not accept what his or her state is today. Change for tomorrow. Adjust the sails. Or even switch to a motorboat. Choose to be happy. Do what you like.

I know all that.

However after careful analysis I realize the true nature of human beings. And I also realize the true nature of things.

With that in mind. I find these pursuits for happiness and change and what not trivial and self indulging.

We often hear this phrase "make the best of your life". It acknowledges that all lives end eventually. Make the most of it.

It is rather silly. People make big plans start making headway full of optimism and then they get cancer. Or they die in an accident.

Cut the crap. It is everyone's choice. I have done what I want to do in life. It is time for my story to end.

As with all good tales there is always an end.......

I don't have anything I desire to do or achieve further in life. I am merely serving my responsibilities as long as I am still alive.

Destiny? We are all destined.....you, me and everyone to die. That is the true destiny of every living thing in existence.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. You are correct. Actually I am fully aware of the aspects of my opinions.

It is up to me how I want to think. One could choose to make change. Fight. Improve. Not accept what his or her state is today. Change for tomorrow. Adjust the sails. Or even switch to a motorboat. Choose to be happy. Do what you like.

I know all that.

However after careful analysis I realize the true nature of human beings. And I also realize the true nature of things.

With that in mind. I find these pursuits for happiness and change and what not trivial and self indulging.

We often hear this phrase "make the best of your life". It acknowledges that all lives end eventually. Make the most of it.

It is rather silly. People make big plans start making headway full of optimism and then they get cancer. Or they die in an accident.

Cut the crap. It is everyone's choice. I have done what I want to do in life. It is time for my story to end.

As with all good tales there is always an end.......

I don't have anything I desire to do or achieve further in life. I am merely serving my responsibilities as long as I am still alive.

Destiny? We are all destined.....you, me and everyone to die. That is the true destiny of every living thing in existence.
Destined to die is true and nobody can escape this. But all of us also have the "fighttttiiiiinnnnngggg" spirit inside us. Now you know why my nick is called "winners".

Last edited:

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Destined to die is true and nobody can escape this. But all of us also have the "fighttttiiiiinnnnngggg" spirit inside us. Now you know why my nick is called "winners".

yeah but you gonna die too just like me. LOL! :smile:

It is not about fighting lah. Fighting for the sake of fighting? It is so human. Another human trait is always wanting to WIN.

Actually all very self centred. But it is human.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
yeah but you gonna die too just like me. LOL! :smile:

It is not about fighting lah. Fighting for the sake of fighting? It is so human. Another human trait is always wanting to WIN.

Actually all very self centred. But it is human.
At the end of the day, I must make sure that I've lead a meaningful and fulfilling life before my last breath. Ordinarily, I don't go around hurting nor cheating people. What I cannot take with me, I'll leave them to my survivors and hopefully, they will enhance the value instead of squandering it away. Anyway, I'll have no control of this either. I will consider to have done my job in this world, but in the meantime, to fully enjoy the fruits of my labor. This is what I'll call "meaningful and fulfilling".

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
At the end of the day, I must make sure that I've lead a meaningful and fulfilling life before my last breath. I don't go around hurting nor cheating people. What I cannot take with me, I'll leave them to my survivors and hopefully, they will enhance the value instead of squandering it away. Anyway, I'll have no control of this either. I will consider to have done my job in this world, but in the meantime, to fully enjoy the fruits of my labor. This is what I'll call "meaningful and fulfilling".

The longer you live the more challenges to your goal. Money may run out. Money not enough. May need to resort to hurting or cheating to continue to live.

You are lucky that you are able to "enjoy the fruits of your labor".

Most people work to live.

I am happy for you.

winners

Alfrescian
Loyal
The longer you live the more challenges to your goal. Money may run out. Money not enough. May need to resort to hurting or cheating to continue to live.

You are lucky that you are able to "enjoy the fruits of your labor".

Most people work to live.

I am happy for you.
Live within your means. I don't drive a Mercedes or BMW, but a normal 1.6-litre turbo car will do as equally fine for me. Just ensure that your monthly financial input is more than your output and everything will be taken care of. Family cohesiveness is also very important.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Live within your means. I don't drive a Mercedes or BMW, but a normal 1.6-litre turbo car will do as equally fine for me. Just ensure that your monthly financial input is more than your output and everything will be taken care of. Family cohesiveness is also very important.

I dont even have a car of my own. LOL! And we have Ford and Toyotas. No turbo.

Hey winners I will pray for you to live till you are 130 years old. Live within your means. Enjoy the fruits of your labor.

You would become world's oldest living man. Pretty good win if you ask me! Fighting!!!!