• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Running shoes for recommendation

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
bro, me MR status man. Even young also must exercise and sweat abit la. IMHO.

yes, must exercise. jogging is good for health. also take care of your knees and legs since you jog very frequently.

i used to run a few times a week to once a week to once every two weeks to... :biggrin:

Char_Azn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Any ideas which brand is value for money? I need a good pair as I jog almost everyday.The old pair from SAF have worn out. Budget maybe below 100. :smile:
Thanks everybody, thanks.

u MR liao ah? If not just get free from e–mart. Now got a lot of brands too choose from.

Last edited:

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If you are talking about the blackie, can forget about it, if NB , not too bad, but my credit all finished.

you still got SAF 11B with credits means you still not that old.......no need exercise so much la

Agree SAF NB shoes are good. Some years ago I also discovered that you don't need the Green 11B. A Pink IC will do as long as you have reservist credits, even police or out of unit on disruption holding list, you can go to any army e-shop and shop and bust your credit limit. I think it's S$100 p.a. until reservist liability over. Agree too that NB lacks solid black colour if you prefer that. I prefer that for casual wear too. But if the NB shoes can help produce a gold for my IPPT, who cares? That's another S$400 and I can go out shopping and buy any fasionable Reebok or Nike black shoes I like for casual wear. :smile: :biggrin:

holyman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Any ideas which brand is value for money? I need a good pair as I jog almost everyday.The old pair from SAF have worn out. Budget maybe below 100. :smile:
Thanks everybody, thanks.

right now I think takashimaya having reebok sale at 50% off...

just my 2 cents:

(1.) Firstly what is your bmi? If 25 or less does not really matter what you wear. If above 25, then get a pair of shoes that has a full base, not those half half kind. Reason being if you are top heavy the base of the shoe needs to be thick and broad in order to push away the shock with every step you take. Recom" Reebok and Adidas

(2.)Next your arc. If flat feet see (1.) above. Same above to get the shock away from your feet because if the shock is not dispersed, it will go upstream and it will be absorb by your knee.If normal pronator, can get any brand you like.

(3.)Asics is strictly for people are light, not more than 65kg. Despite all the hype about it, it is actually not a good pair of running shoes. Firstly, the base is half and half which means the 2 halves are used to disperse the shock. This is no good as every step you take have different force, esp when you are tired. Next most of the models have a cloth like covering making it smelly from sweat and punctures easily if you do not cut your toe nails.

(4.)Remember the key to having a good run is to do stretches before and after. The most important place to stretch is the gluteus and hemstring as they control other major muscles which protects the knee.

(5.)Alternatively can get a pair of trainers as they support your ankles as well.

gymkhana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Newton running shoes has one of the bestest next to vibrams five fingers next to barefoot running.

So if you can, go naked(feet), then the next best is vibrams five fingers, which is like a pair of socks with thin rubber pads underneath(think about your army gloves with some grip pads on the palm side), then if you think still need shoes cos we are not brought up to run barefeet, then Newton shoes(queensway or peninsula shopping ctr @ fedder sports...ex tho)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/1fBh2qH4QbM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

gymkhana

Alfrescian
Loyal
this is my running shoe at the moment having worn out my newtons buy in the USA is cheapest at 100USD for an ave pair of vibrams five fingers

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/eM3L02zR84M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Newtons are very costly, in the same region as the Vibram 5 fingers. That's the reason I run in sandals. I'm also considering ninja tabis but they only sell the high cut ones in Sg. Does anyone know where I can get the low-cut types.

Last edited:

gymkhana

Alfrescian
Loyal
do you get blisters running in the sandals?
In the vibrams initially, I get some shafing on the tips of my longest toes which usually heals in a few days, but no more blisters now though the tips still feel abit tender a day after.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cheap (free on e-mart credits if you are NS slave) and good: SAF running shoes. New Balance, Brooks... I think it is Asics now.

If you are serious about running, go here:

http://www.outdoor-venture.com/runninglab/

banner01.jpg

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Since when you wear running shoe? you wears slippers :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Another brand you can consider is Mizuno....

Mizuno? Never tried before. In PA, no branded track shoes allowed for IPPT. Only the standard issue (i.e. free) canvass PT shoes. If I could get gold in that, I could get gold in any shoes anyway. Nowadays, I don't jog or run anymore. No more entitled to take IPPT. :( I still wear sports shoes for casual purposes. Ecco is not bad.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mizuno? Never tried before. In PA, no branded track shoes allowed for IPPT. Only the standard issue (i.e. free) canvass PT shoes. If I could get gold in that, I could get gold in any shoes anyway. Nowadays, I don't jog or run anymore. No more entitled to take IPPT. :( I still wear sports shoes for casual purposes. Ecco is not bad.
If you dunno MIZUNO, then you dunno about sports shoe liao lah you. You not wear BATA meh?

Last edited:

mollusk

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Police pT shoes the brand is POWER right..by bata..