• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Review Of Pension For Civil Servants?

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
Let's see how PSD respond to this Ministerial Salaries Review. I wld think it is almost certain that PSD will review civil service salaries, terms and conditions in the near future

I think u need to change the gahment before we can change the Civil Sector. In the same vein, I am not sure how our vaulted Civil Sector will react to a change in government. I am sure they cannot handle such a shock to the system.

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pension is just a name. They can change the name with other names that pay even much more and said pension is no longer valid.

Teo Chee Hean is saying that top civil servant is no longer entitled to their usual one dollar coin but putting in place for them is now a ten dollar note.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For a start, they should stop double-dipping ...enjoying pension while getting a salary.

true...the pap changed the pension scheme for most civil servants in 1990s but retained it for themselves until GE 2011. The only way to wake up the arrogant pAP is to voice out and vote against them.

No need to waste time for SG Conversation. They wont listen to the truth

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Isn't pension for retirement? Can they still get salary after they retired and enjoy pension at the same time?

Under the pension scheme, a person on the scheme can retire, get his pension and get reemployed and draws his salary. so he gets both...a pension and a salary

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think u need to change the gahment before we can change the Civil Sector. In the same vein, I am not sure how our vaulted Civil Sector will react to a change in government. I am sure they cannot handle such a shock to the system.

The Civil Service is to serve the Govt of SG and Singaporeans. They are non partisan and shd not serve just the pap. If WP becomes the govt, they shd continue to serve WP as it is the govt of the time

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pension is just a name. They can change the name with other names that pay even much more and said pension is no longer valid.

Teo Chee Hean is saying that top civil servant is no longer entitled to their usual one dollar coin but putting in place for them is now a ten dollar note.

Let's see how the pap compensates the senior Civi Servants to redeem their pension

virus

Alfrescian
Loyal
The proposed removal of pension for new political appointees by the Ministers' salary Review Committee is a right recommendation.

Will PSD now look into removing the pension scheme for the Admin Service, Judiciary Appointees, etc?

halimah yakult already say there is no more pensions for such L337. please believe her and continue to pay your CPF so these pple can withdrawn their lifelong pensions and enjoy their $8 surgeries as well, nevermind the peasant sense the inequity about higher subsidies

http://www.theonlinecitizen.com/2007/09/ministers-are-not-given-pensions-halimah-yacob/

The current household income ceiling for executive condominiums is S$12,000.

Mr Khaw said: “There is this sense of inequity here that the lower-income group is getting lower subsidies than somebody who is earning S$12,000, so something is wrong somewhere and therefore I think we cannot carry on the EC in this current mode."

Mr Khaw also said he is confident that he can bring down the price of new flats in non-mature estates to four times the annual median salary of a buyer - down 30 per cent from the current 5.5 times. He is wary of some "transitional problems".

He said there needs to be "distinct differentiation" between the cheaper new flats and those built earlier.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/khaw-hints-at-changes-in-ec-scheme/654024.html

indeed.... gg for just a GP checkup at polyclinic cost more than $8. strange that a person earning a million or more can enjoy such high subsidies compared to those earning $5.5 / hour.