• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Review Of Pension For Civil Servants?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The proposed removal of pension for new political appointees by the Ministers' salary Review Committee is a right recommendation.

Will PSD now look into removing the pension scheme for the Admin Service, Judiciary Appointees, etc?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i think this will form the framework for future wage structure for civil service.

and you can betcha, they will "promote" this to the quasi-government agencies and then to the private.

Expect to see NTUC to come out to "sarpok"

You'll prolly see the oldies hanging around iso being replaced young so that they continue to "earn" a living.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You will open a Pandora's box if you remove the pension scheme from decision makers, people who hold state secrets etc. These are sensitive posts and they will walk out and immediately work for a property developer, businessmen looking for the inside track and anyone else who wants to compromise the state. Most of them behave after retirement because of the pension. The state will lose control and it will an open market to the highest bidder. We already have one ISD Director that went rogue because he was prematurely transferred out of the Civil Service to a GLC under an open scheme.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
You will open a Pandora's box if you remove the pension scheme from decision makers, people who hold state secrets etc. These are sensitive posts and they will walk out and immediately work for a property developer, businessmen looking for the inside track and anyone else who wants to compromise the state. Most of them behave after retirement because of the pension. The state will lose control and it will an open market to the highest bidder. We already have one ISD Director that went rogue because he was prematurely transferred out of the Civil Service to a GLC under an open scheme.

That sounds like North Korea soon, 1.1 million hungry soldiers and 100,000 equally hungry special forces personnel ready to sell their weapons and skills to the highest bidder if the boy dictator can't keep his ship leaking any further.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
The proposed removal of pension for new political appointees by the Ministers' salary Review Committee is a right recommendation.

Will PSD now look into removing the pension scheme for the Admin Service, Judiciary Appointees, etc?

Not forgetting our Generals and Admirals who never fought a single war.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

the same can be said of political office holders, not just civil servants. if pension for political officers can be removed, why cant the same aapply to civil servants?

dont they have the OSA to cover rogue behaviours?

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

unlike you, in view of the latest recommendation on Ministers' salaries, i think there is a very good possibility that the govt will review the need for pension for top civil servants

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
dont they have the OSA to cover rogue behaviours?

Sometimes it is not in the PAP's best interest to open up a can of worms. They are known to be 'soft' with certain people. People who are able to inflict severe damage to their 'reputation.' No white no black all the time. Grey areas plenty.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sometimes it is not in the PAP's best interest to open up a can of worms. They are known to be 'soft' with certain people. People who are able to inflict severe damage to their 'reputation.' No white no black all the time. Grey areas plenty.

true...best for the pap to keep things vague..it works to their advantage...but Yoong Siew Wah and Ngiam TD are proving to be a pain to the pap

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
pension and medical benefits can be withdrawn?

Can. At a great political cost. Am sure the MIWs won't want to do that. Not in their interest.

Do you know how many pensioners are fearful even of their own shadows? When they criticise the MIWs in kpts, they have to first look-see if suspicious charcaters are lurking around. I should know. I am acquainted with many of these chaps. And we meet up often.

Situation made worse if these pensioners have kids in the civil service or GLCs. They flatter themselves by believing they are subjects of interest to the authorities. Strange eh? But true, sister.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Can. At a great political cost. Am sure the MIWs won't want to do that. Not in their interest.

Do you know how many pensioners are fearful even of their own shadows? When they criticise the MIWs in kpts, they have to first look-see if suspicious charcaters are lurking around. I should know. I am acquainted with many of these chaps. And we meet up often.

Situation made worse if these pensioners have kids in the civil service or GLCs. They flatter themselves by believing they are subjects of interest to the authorities. Strange eh? But true, sister.

under what conditions can the govt withdraw pension from a pensioner?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
true...best for the pap to keep things vague..it works to their advantage...but Yoong Siew Wah and Ngiam TD are proving to be a pain to the pap

Ngiam was LKY's favourite in the past. Whether he is a pain to the PAP, that I am not sure. I don't rule out this whole thing being staged. Not NTD's character to bite the hands that once fed him so well. Btw, I think he is still residing at Watten Estate.

TracyTan866

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Ngiam was LKY's favourite in the past. Whether he is a pain to the PAP, that I am not sure. I don't rule out this whole thing being staged. Not NTD's character to bite the hands that once fed him so well. Btw, I think he is still residing at Watten Estate.

i think NTD has been quite forthright and has been quite critical of the pap recently