• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Retrenched looks for free dinner

ronaldinho

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://www.divaasia.com/article/2139

When the chips are down, Singapore singles go dating
Singapore's economic downturn may prove to be Cupid's ally as dating agencies in the city state have reported a spike up in the number of singles signing up to find partners, the Straits Times said on Saturday.

Matchmakers, online dating networks and agencies were bracing for a slowdown when the economy took a turn for the worse last year but instead have seen a jump in their numbers, the newspaper said.

"Members have been telling me that they are feeling more anxious and lonely, and the economic recession has made them more worried," Matthew Tan, founder of a dating web site Gomoviedate.com, told the English-language daily.

Some agencies pulled in up to 50 per cent more members while others have attracted almost twice the number of participants in the past four months from the same period last year.

Engineer Terry Neo, 35, who no longer has to put in late nights at work, recently turned to Gomoviedate.com. He found two dates in two months, plenty for one so busy his last date prior to signing up was three months ago.

"I just want to enlarge my social circle and take my mind off job uncertainties for a while," Neo, told the paper.

Singapore is suffering from its worst recession ever and the government expects the economy could shrank as much as 5 percent this year.

"Inherently, we are all looking for companionship -- even more so when things are down," said Violet Lim, the co-founder of Lunch Actually, an agency that sets up lunch date. "You feel the need to connect with someone more acutely."

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
NOTHING to do with recession. All singles just hope to quickly find a date for valentines day. Imagine kena retrenched and being date-less during valentines day, damn painful lah ... :p

http://www.divaasia.com/article/2139

When the chips are down, Singapore singles go dating
Singapore's economic downturn may prove to be Cupid's ally as dating agencies in the city state have reported a spike up in the number of singles signing up to find partners, the Straits Times said on Saturday.

Matchmakers, online dating networks and agencies were bracing for a slowdown when the economy took a turn for the worse last year but instead have seen a jump in their numbers, the newspaper said.

"Members have been telling me that they are feeling more anxious and lonely, and the economic recession has made them more worried," Matthew Tan, founder of a dating web site Gomoviedate.com, told the English-language daily.

Some agencies pulled in up to 50 per cent more members while others have attracted almost twice the number of participants in the past four months from the same period last year.

Engineer Terry Neo, 35, who no longer has to put in late nights at work, recently turned to Gomoviedate.com. He found two dates in two months, plenty for one so busy his last date prior to signing up was three months ago.

"I just want to enlarge my social circle and take my mind off job uncertainties for a while," Neo, told the paper.

Singapore is suffering from its worst recession ever and the government expects the economy could shrank as much as 5 percent this year.

"Inherently, we are all looking for companionship -- even more so when things are down," said Violet Lim, the co-founder of Lunch Actually, an agency that sets up lunch date. "You feel the need to connect with someone more acutely."

kuntakinte

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am thinking of setting up Free lunch dating for fellow desparados, oops, I mean single men and women !!

However, the venue appeals to all faiths, some Muslims were seen at that place too....

The venue or place is Buddhist Lodge !!

Membership is free, but need to contribute a token to the Lodge.

Any takers ??

ahbengsong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nothing beats returning to a doting wife and cute kids at home... that what sustain me after a tiring busy day in the office...