• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renting a room out; what's your considerations ?

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
How about renting out the whole flat and then move to parent house? or rent another smaller unit?

Depends on how much your privacy is worth? Tenants are a little bit heng suay and many of them will never let you know their 'real' background. During my lowest point in life, I have stayed in a rented apartment together with other FT tenants and I can say it is not a good experience. My friend who is the landlord is not staying there so he bochap, even turn the place upside down also can as long as all the tenants pay the rental on time.

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talking about the above, I have to thank the friend who took me in despite knowing I am sort of down and out during that very difficult time. Other 'good friends' or 'best friends' or 'brothers' avoided me like plague.

When my problem was settled, I bought a one-way ticket to LOS and the rest is history.

Unrepented

Alfrescian
Loyal
Safety and security of family members. How you know the tenant got no metal problems:confused:

Also, health issues. How you know tenant got no diseases. Or he/she, due to live style may contract one during the lease period, because you as landlord will not know them inside out.

..besides having Less privacy; what eLse wouLd you foresee ? ~..
:confused:
:biggrin:
:eek:

Last edited:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Talking about the above, I have to thank the friend who took me in despite knowing I am sort of down and out during that very difficult time. Other 'good friends' or 'best friends' or 'brothers' avoided me like plague.

When my problem was settled, I bought a one-way ticket to LOS and the rest is history.

Good for u. Have one good friend. Help u when u down. Some even their own family/brothers/sisters avoiding them.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Safety and security of family members. How you know the tenant got no metal problems:confused:

Also, health issues. How you know tenant got no diseases. Or he/she, due to live style may contract one during the lease period, because you as landlord will not know them inside out.

Well said, invite strangers into your home just for extra income is not worth it.
End of the day need to question how come sinkies need to resort to leasing out their rooms to make extra bucks.

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
For me no Indians. Will stink your house. You will have no choice but to sell it or rent to another Indian.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
It should be the other way. Never get into a commercial relationship with a friend. Your friend might be alright but not his family or other friends. If a friend needs space for short term, no problem - free, buy beer or food etc.

I agree - depends on the matter of renting out. This far in my life, I have only rented out to friends, colleagues, ex-colleagues etc. I don't mind lower rent - it reduces the possibility that they "buay chi tong". There's no such thing as friendship become bad when things go wrong - I find it easier to settle matters with friends that strangers and if they really "buay song" (which has never happened) then it helps me get rid of a false friend in my life.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
It should be the other way. Never get into a commercial relationship with a friend. Your friend might be alright but not his family or other friends. If a friend needs space for short term, no problem - free, buy beer or food etc.

That is your personal sinkie thinking and not others. They have different ways of handling things that is so different from you and it works pretty well for them.

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
..besides having Less privacy; what eLse wouLd you foresee ? ~..
:confused:
:biggrin:
:eek:

First all all, why are u letting out yr room? 1 room too many? I suggest u get a smaller house then. Inviting some stranger into yr hse may be the first step to inviting trouble fr yrself.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wow, Boss you ruled out almost the entire human race!

So let the room out to..ANIMALS?:biggrin:

NO lah,,,AH Sam will rent to ghost,,,animals etc alot of work wan,,for Ghost,,he might not see, might not feel, might not hear,,,the best tennant man,,,,,but come to collect rent,,he will receive 'underworld' currency...