• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

Fire3

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think Oriwise's quality is not too bad. But I was extremely pissed off by their attitude. We didnt want to appear well-off for obvious reasons, but the lady kept belittling us by saying they dont sell design drawings to people who cant afford their renovation but liked their design, and that whatever we wanted to do would be "very expensive for us". I had an urge to throw my bank statement in her face to shut her up, but in the end decided to smile and walk away. That said, their design's not too bad.

On Sky Creation, my wife said they are much more friendly (I was overseas), but obviously in JB, Oriwise would be more recognised if you can tahan their attitude. Which we cant. haha

Oh, forgot to add that for decking works etc, we are considering Supercool. http://www.supercool.com.my/

Thanks ! No oriwise for me then. Can't tahan this kind of attitude too ! Thanks for the recommendartion on decking work too

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks ! No oriwise for me then. Can't tahan this kind of attitude too ! Thanks for the recommendartion on decking work too

I think their attitude would be completely different if I had introduced myself as "Datuk XXX"......haha

nameno

Alfrescian
Loyal
May I know what is the price range for kitchen renovation, i.e., price for solid surface per ft run and price for bottom & top cabinet per ft run using formica/aluminium glass?

SandySwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did mine for RM150 per foot run. The granite top about RM210 to RM250 depends on what you choose. Cabinet at RM380 per foot run, top and bottom. Cheapest that I have found. There are a lot of factories in Austin or just around taman Johor jaya. The finish is Formica. Aluminum doors finish, im not too sure but I think it's about 30% more. Probably, about RM450 to RM500 per foot run.

Last edited:

nameno

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did mine for RM150 per foot run. The granite top about RM210 to RM250 depends on what you choose. Cabinet at RM380 per foot run, top and bottom. Cheapest that I have found. There are a lot of factories in Austin or just around taman Johor jaya. The finish is Formica. Aluminum doors finish, im not too sure but I think it's about 30% more. Probably, about RM450 to RM500 per foot run.

Hi sandyswee..thanks for the info. BTW, RM380 per foot is for bottom cabinet + table top?

SandySwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes.. Top and bottom cabinet. The shop is in taman Johor jaya. The carpenter is always there, friendly guy. PM me if you want the contact and address. Cheers

Damsell

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,anyone subscribe astro tv.How much the cost of installation in a new house.(cable/wiring hidden in wall and tv feature wall).Intend to engage contractor to do installation.Usually Astro personnel will install with cable/wiring expose(dont look nice).Bros here please help,thks

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,anyone subscribe astro tv.How much the cost of installation in a new house.(cable/wiring hidden in wall and tv feature wall).Intend to engage contractor to do installation.Usually Astro personnel will install with cable/wiring expose(dont look nice).Bros here please help,thks

My contractor charged me $180 RM for hiding electric wires (with plastering) per point. I din do TV feature wall but used a TV console instead.

Damsell

Alfrescian
Loyal
My contractor charged me $180 RM for hiding electric wires (with plastering) per point. I din do TV feature wall but used a TV console instead.

Bro FHBH12 thks alot for the info. Intend to install points at living room,family rm and masterbedroom.Quite costly,dont know whether practical or not.Can you pm me your contractor pls.thks

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro FHBH12 thks alot for the info. Intend to install points at living room,family rm and masterbedroom.Quite costly,dont know whether practical or not.Can you pm me your contractor pls.thks

PM u already. Some of my wiring goes into false ceiling that is y prob a bit expensive. U can compare w others n let me know if there r better quotes. Thx.

Nusajaya

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

I am looking for someone to plant grass on my little garden at Horizon Hills. Can someone advise any reliable contact pls. Much appreciated.

Cheers
N