• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

Booga

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi,

Can anyone enlighten me on the normal payment terms to reno contractor?
Like Deposit and progress payment?
Thanks in advance!

SandySwee

Alfrescian
Loyal
About RM150 per foot run for solid surface top. PM me if you need the contact. They will come measure and fabricate for you.

crisanne

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi all

Just signing in for the first time. Recently purchase a subsale hse which needs repairs. Heard many stories but I am sure I will be able to get good advice here.
Need help in repairs some minor / major.

Can anyone advice on contractors that does :- False ceiling repairs , cornice
Painters

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doing my reno halfway currently. I like to use my regular contractors whom have become friends. However, I feel that their prices are getting too high, dispite their good quality and personal service. Maybe I should get some more quotes to compare? I hate comparing price with another contractor, as it may jeopardized our friendship over few Ks leh ! How er ?

BTW like to share my Reno diary with photos with you guys here. Very reluctance to share, as it will give let out my identity but I trust that people here are mostly kind hearted people. Need more time to think about it .

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Doing my reno halfway currently. I like to use my regular contractors whom have become friends. However, I feel that their prices are getting too high, dispite their good quality and personal service. Maybe I should get some more quotes to compare? I hate comparing price with another contractor, as it may jeopardized our friendship over few Ks leh ! How er ?

BTW like to share my Reno diary with photos with you guys here. Very reluctance to share, as it will give let out my identity but I trust that people here are mostly kind hearted people. Need more time to think about it .

Bro this is open forum. While one may build up an online "friendship" unless you have met "them" personally, you MAY open yourself up to "problems" Just be careful as one never know who views these post......

jasonjst

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro this is open forum. While one may build up an online "friendship" unless you have met "them" personally, you MAY open yourself up to "problems" Just be careful as one never know who views these post......

Thanks bro . .. same advise from Crystal too.

Last edited:

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Originally Posted by arsenal
".....I also have the problem recently. I made my own investigation, and realise my cut off fuse in the main power switch outside the house have been stolen and replaced by 3 cables. One of the cable is very loose and that cause the power to be interminent. Each fuse is approx 16rm...."

First thing I did after my reno was completed was to get the lock to the cut-off fuse main power switch changed! Was warned that reno contractors for "my neighbours" might "BORROW" the fuses and "forget" to return....... Bro's/Sis's change your fuse box lock before your fuses get "BORROWED permanently" again....

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
getting more n more confused abt grilles materials :

was quoted steel materials with thicker powder coating , but still will rust in long run ?
they dun do aluminum materials like in sg , although can cut but rust free.
wrough iron cols are not into my likings .

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
getting more n more confused abt grilles materials :

was quoted steel materials with thicker powder coating , but still will rust in long run ?
they dun do aluminum materials like in sg , although can cut but rust free.
wrough iron cols are not into my likings .

If you install aluminium, then there is no point installing since it is such a soft metal. The aluminium grill is more to prevent kids from falling out of windows and balconies.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you install aluminium, then there is no point installing since it is such a soft metal. The aluminium grill is more to prevent kids from falling out of windows and balconies.

soft ? i try to bend my house one , not easily leh ....

btw , wat grilles materials u used ?

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Renovation is a real hassle, as I am finding out now. Anyway, to juggle between aesthetic, security & cost constraints, I recommend using 实心 powder coated wrought iron grilles. For double storey terrace, installation cost is ard RM 7K.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Renovation is a real hassle, as I am finding out now. Anyway, to juggle between aesthetic, security & cost constraints, I recommend using 实心 powder coated wrought iron grilles. For double storey terrace, installation cost is ard RM 7K.

can pm me yr grilles contractor ? mine end lot was quoted 7.2k with steel powder coating materials .

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
can pm me yr grilles contractor ? mine end lot was quoted 7.2k with steel powder coating materials .

I paid $6.1k RM for my whole cluster house with flower decorations at main door grill somemore. Your contractor is definitely carroting you. I will PM you but please be patience with him as he is very popular.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
I paid $6.1k RM for my whole cluster house with flower decorations at main door grill somemore. Your contractor is definitely carroting you. I will PM you but please be patience with him as he is very popular.

i have 3 sliding doors and a lot of single / double windows all over my house leh ....
thanks for sharing yr contact.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal

sounds like reasonable cost leh, but whether the powder coated wrought iron grilles are solid (实心) or hollow (空心) inside, also plays a part in the cost. Usually powder coated grilles wont rust so easily, unless scratched badly.

Aluminium grilles are more ex, & more vulnerable to break-ins but they wont rust. Overall, I figured 实心 powder coated wrought iron grilles are gd enough for me, at least for 10-15 years.

The namecard is with my JB in-laws now. Can only PM you over weekend.... haha

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
mine is hollow (空心) , so i guess overpriced ?
i tout powder wrought irons are very ex ?

hard to say leh, cos you have sliding doors by the side. The sliding doors make up the bulk of the grill cost. I PM you his website. Saw it via Persada fair last weekend....