• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Renovation to your homes

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
I went to check progress of reno just now and the brick wall already up and staircase outside already taken shape & cemented and back kitchen gate already replced with the double layer stainless steell door..but everytime always forget to snap a pics haha..

thmejlfm

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kitchen Cabinet and Laminated Flooring

Hi! Bros and Sis,

Need some advise from you.

Now, I am renovating my house. My contractor just quoted me the Kitchen cabinet and laminated flooring. I am not very sure whether the price is expensive or not. Would like to get the information from experienced members here.

He quoted me per foot run: Top RM$190, Bottom RM$220, solid top RM$170.
Laminated flooring: RM7.50

Is it on the high side? My kitchen's cabinet is about 10' long, not full height, cost me about RM$5000+. and still have one 6' long island, RM$3000. Laminated flooring for two story, around RM$10,000+ for 1400 sq ft. area.

Need your advise. Thank you

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Re: Kitchen Cabinet and Laminated Flooring

Hi! Bros and Sis,

Now, I am renovating my house. My contractor just quoted me the Kitchen cabinet and laminated flooring. I am not very sure whether the price is expensive or not. Would like to get the information from experienced members here.

Is it on the high side? My kitchen's cabinet is about 10' long, not full height, cost me about RM$5000+. and still have one 6' long island, RM$3000. Laminated flooring for two story, around RM$10,000+ for 1400 sq ft. area.

It sounds a bit expensive, do ask for a discount.

Please ask your questions in the relevant threads, only create when you don't find any relevant ones. There are already lots of threads and most of what you have been asking have already been covered.

thmejlfm

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kitchen Cabinet

Hi! SandySwee

May I know how much per foot run for your kitchen cabinet? My cabinet maker quoted me and I am not sure it is on the high side. Mine just a solid top, quoted 170RM. Not sure is high or low side.

Need some advise. Thank you

Can I know how much per foot run your cabinet maker charges you for your solid surface top. My contractor gave me quote for marble/granite, waterproof & heat resistance, about 250RM to 350RM. My bro installed solid surface just about 2 months ago and a ring imprint from his hot pot. How much is your cabinet per foor run? Thanks

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Kitchen Cabinet

Hi! SandySwee

May I know how much per foot run for your kitchen cabinet? My cabinet maker quoted me and I am not sure it is on the high side. Mine just a solid top, quoted 170RM. Not sure is high or low side.

Please ask whether the solid surface is polyester or acrylic. The better ones are acrylic and good brands like Corian are around RM 200 up. Locally made polyester type are around RM 120 but try to go for acrylic, for its better quality and specifications, for long term own use.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi! Bros and Sis,

Now, I am renovating my house. My contractor just quoted me the Kitchen cabinet and laminated flooring. I am not very sure whether:biggrin::biggrin: the price is expensive or not. Would like to get the information from experienced members here.

Hoot big n full height cabinets... Give yr kitchen a solid look.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi! Bros and Sis,

Bro is ur laminated flooring a need or a want? If ur flooring is ok then u can use the money for other needs. Cabinets is a need i feel cos unless install by developer or got free vouchers then u must hve d cabinet installed. Solid surface or marble or normal still must take care. Its how u use it.
Remember to make it a habit to use something when u put hot pans on the top.

thmejlfm

Alfrescian
Loyal

Laminate flooring is a must now because I need it to cover my staircase railing joining part at the bottom.

captainjones

Alfrescian
Loyal

hi bros and sis, what kind of heater do you install for bath tub? is it a storage heater?

frogman

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi,

Anyone knows if there is a huge showroom for renovation in JB that we can visit? Time to look around for renovation ideas and contractors.

Thanks, :-)

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal

Hi,

Anyone knows if there is a huge showroom for renovation in JB that we can visit? Time to look around for renovation ideas and contractors.

Thanks, :-)

Unfortunately, in JB, businesses are not grouped together in one place like some places here in SG , eg in IMM
However, watch out for the renovation / interior fairs where you can find several interior designers, interior building materials, home appliances, furniture etc in the same place.

SandySwee

Alfrescian
Loyal

I check marble or granite will be heat proof. No need worry about heat marks. Only thing to worry is that some marble or granite are porous so water get absorbed and will change the colour. Some good contractors will demonstrate this to you before you decide on the material. They finish nice and elegantly though.

SandySwee

Alfrescian
Loyal

Taman molek has quite a few shops dealing in kitchen cabinets and wardrobes. I have not seen any laminate floor shops there. Common material available are merbau wood strips. Burmese teak also quite common. My contractor did propose to me earlier in my meeting with him but can't remember price now. I probably go for laminates as they are cheaper. Will update price if I next speak to my contractor.

frogman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unfortunately, in JB, businesses are not grouped together in one place like some places here in SG , eg in IMM
However, watch out for the renovation / interior fairs where you can find several interior designers, interior building materials, home appliances, furniture etc in the same place.

Thanks, will there be any fairs coming soon?

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just asking whether anyone can advise where to buy wall paper at wholesale price.

I am thinking to diy on wall paper.