• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ren Ci Hospital (another case of NKF?)

Himerus

Alfrescian
Loyal
which charities or who will be the next,to be charge ?
this is another way that the government want to control the charities here.
after they charged those people running it,they will gladly appoint one of their good boy(s)/girl(s) to oversee and take care of that charities.
and then,they will have another source of income liao.
just imagine,NKF and Ren Ci,how much money and assets they have.

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi bro this botak watched too many times the *money not enough* movie lah ... sigh ...

ornitoufo ;9)
funny that u wanna pretend to be leetahsar....just like the stuntpunkmonk wanna do stunt to play punk.

evil is there and so is goodness but some just see goodness in evil and other will take evil for goodness.

so be a good boy and cut the craps! AMEN!:biggrin: chui guo...chui guo...

leetahbar

Alfrescian
Loyal
which charities or who will be the next,to be charge ?
this is another way that the government want to control the charities here.
after they charged those people running it,they will gladly appoint one of their good boy(s)/girl(s) to oversee and take care of that charities.
and then,they will have another source of income liao.
just imagine,NKF and Ren Ci,how much money and assets they have.

gov are humans too. there are not omnipotent and perfect. so long as they are humans, they are bound to be failings and character flaws.

it's the repentance and the embracing of human faults and rectification with remorse that would save the day. persistence in denial of wrongdoings would just exacerbate and enhance the guilt deeper.

min yi sadly is trying to save his skin. if probed deeper, more of his shits shall fly.:(

holymonk

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is the mind and heart. If one's mind and heart is not pure and determine enough, evil thoughts will occur...............if monk also cant really resist.....how about us? :rolleyes:

DiGeorge

Alfrescian
Loyal
少林寺僧人無線上網 - maybe surfing sbf :biggrin:
image021.jpg

I like this pic "maybe surfing SBF" :biggrin: Who knows one of those nick belongs to him kekekekeke :biggrin:

Tailok

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dun believe in all those so called charities or non-profit org. Why can't the authority publish the list of how much each CEO earns from each of the orgs. I believe they all have sumthing to hide. :mad:

Hakka Tiow

Alfrescian
Loyal
gov are humans too. there are not omnipotent and perfect. so long as they are humans, they are bound to be failings and character flaws.

it's the repentance and the embracing of human faults and rectification with remorse that would save the day. persistence in denial of wrongdoings would just exacerbate and enhance the guilt deeper.

min yi sadly is trying to save his skin. if probed deeper, more of his shits shall fly.:(

Tolong lah ! Pondan! You are the least qualified to comment on social issues lah! Buey Kien Siow! What probe deeper? HomoSexual innuendos again. Ha!

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
In religion and politics, people's beliefs and convictions are in almost every case gotten at second-hand, and without examination. Absolute power corrupts absolutely!!

Einfield

Alfrescian
Loyal
I dun wish to speak ill about the monk and I cannot speak ill of them.

You should not speak ill about anyone, not just monks.

You must also separate those who really practice monkhood and those who are fake monk, one tell tale sign is their life style.

SO for those fake monk, we must expose them to protect the good monk. Understand?

peterlth

Alfrescian
Loyal
You should not speak ill about anyone, not just monks.

You must also separate those who really practice monkhood and those who are fake monk, one tell tale sign is their life style.

SO for those fake monk, we must expose them to protect the good monk. Understand?

tl-the_monk_joke_shirt.jpg

Royston46

Alfrescian
Loyal
Money is the ultimate test to one's true nature...

For example, a normal average Joe who have a regular paying job, can afford normal things like a 5rm flat, a normal Japanese sedan, a wife and 2 kids. Everyday he runs his routine like clockwork and is a good husband, a good father and a good worker, and a good friend to many.

Let him have an overnight windfall and strike Bigsweep 2.2 Million dollars. We will see either he change into a bad husband who go cheong nightclubs and PRCs whores every night and neglect his family, a bad father who whacks his kids unreasonably, and a lazy worker and fuckup friend or he remains the same good man who uses his new found wealth to acquire comforts for his loved ones first and foremost...

Very often, we average Joes continue our lifes' routine like a good person, not because we are essentially good in nature, but we have no choice...

If given the choice for luxury and easy lifestyle, will we still remain true to our life guiding principles or change to be the wild and bad...

Only then can we be sure of our true nature...

:smile:

There are a few black sheeps mixed in every organisations, however let's not generalise and condemn the whole group...

Cheers!

:smile:

cowbehcowbu

Alfrescian
Loyal
power corrupt..absolute power corrupt absolutely.............look at MUGABE....the Nymmar rulers...
human beings are fallable in the seat of absulute power...even monks with so much of publicity........he forget all the teachings of his TEACHERS[ BUDDHA]......shun away from all illusionary phenomenons...wealths..fames..powers..flattery...lust.....
I hope Ming Yees is still a buddhist after all these..he and only he knows himself...so DONT JUDGE HIM NOW.LET HIM SPEAK AND CONFESS...as he had made vows when he entered monkhood.......a very strict and severely punishable vows[ in souls]..much more severe than human laws and punishments..so be fair not to judge now....

nickers9

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure or not bro High Command, u hv seen Ven Ming Yi wearing Rolex n ride in Mercedes? Anyway, i m not surprise if he does bcos i also hv seen a few high ranking monks riding in Benz. And if anybody were to query them, they said it was donated by the followers.

To me, even if it is true tat some rich followers hv purchased d Benz n donated d car to the temple for d use of the Chief Monk, the Chief Monk should reject this kindness n go on to advise these well-off followers to donate their money to good causes like, giving them to genuine charitable organisation (of any faith). There are many unfortunate people (especially those who are in need of medical attention) needs money to buy necessities like food and medication. If these money are given to them it can help to alleviate the sufferings of many unfortunate people. That is a better cause rather than buying Benz for the Chief Monk.

As the Chief Monk or a monk, even if d follower is kind enuf to buy a car for the use of the monk so as to enable d monk to further his teaching of d Dharma and deliverance of all sentient beings, d monk shd just say to d follower tat dun buy a Benz, just buy a reliable car, like any of d cheap n good Japanese car. Keep it simple n straight forward. The purpose is just to help the monk to travel from point A to point B to help other people in need. Luxury shd not b the concern at all. As the Lord Buddha said, "We should just satisfy our needs and not our desires". Only then can we be a good and honest person. Only then can we have lesser sufferings.

I dun wish to speak ill about the monk and I cannot speak ill of them. I just hope that the monks (esp those who r Chief Monk) should teach the followers to adhere strictly to the Dharma and practise them in good faith. The monks should nicely reject anything given to them that are more than just needs. Afterall, we came to this world without anything, not even a piece of cloth, and we will leave this world without anything. What we can bring with us when we leave this world is d Dharma and all the pujas that we have practised.

As for Ven Ming Yi, I personally dun think he has intention to cheat on any of the funds that were managed by him. I guess it is an administration glitch in that certain procedures that ought to have been adhered to were overlooked or not followed. Anyhow, that is only my guess. Let the authorities investigate further and lets see what d Court will say if he is being charged.

This Ven Ming Yi is sad to say is a commercial monk. I studied Buddhism before, and in Buddhism, monks are suppose to detached themselves to doing any worldly activitites, like what he did, performing stunts like spiderman walking on the building, crying and etc. All these are worldly acts, Buddha in his teaching never tell monks to do that, in order to go Nirvana, they should detach from six senses. So this is a worldly monk and commercial monk.

And just like Christianity too. I also studied the bible and learned a lot from it too. Jesus also never tells his apostles to create wealth or do things that they like. You look at the present pastors, for example those new age and very big and popluar churches like City Harvest. They made their churches like going to a concerts but in the end did they or the pastors like Kong Hee or Sun Ho had become? The Sun HO dressed like going to disco and her skirts are so short exposing the whole legs almost her panties. If you are a father and your daughters dressed like that, what would you do? You will tell your daughters to dress decently. And Kong Hee had a expensive semi detach house and 3 fashion shops owned by her wife. They are creating wealth for themselves, and even Sun Ho going to her church with bodyguards walking besides her. Where in this world that you cannot go near your pastors and talk to her and there are bodyguards surrounding her?

And Islamic teaching too, why are there such foolish people that believed by becoming a suicide bombers and by killing many more people including themselves and Allah will grant that guy ten virgins in heaven for him to fuck?
Everyone knows that killing is wrong, and every religion says the same thing, but why the extremist muslims believed that killing is good for themselves?

Commercial, commercial, commercial! The real meaning of religion is gone, and now almost everything is about making money and benefitting themselves and getting what they wants even at the expenses of hurting and harming others.