• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Re: Application to High Court for President, Tan Cheng Bock played his cards wrong

chucky

Alfrescian
Loyal
You don't get it. The race IS your life. The only way is slow and steady. Unless you know the meaning of life which the rest of us don't. :wink:

Or as a banker once told me (when I suggested being a doctor slow and steady income is good) - ok if you want to keep in the race (working/fighting) till you die. I would rather finish the race as fast as possible and enjoy the rest of my life.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The respect and adoration for PAP is NOT given grudgingly. My cohort actually praise the PAP government. They sincerely like the PAP. Often they compare LHL to Najib and sing his praises.

I'm afraid that you might be out of touch with the ground. There is a lot of support for the PAP both young and old.

As to children returning to Singapore for good after growing up overseas? What about SC Tan Chee Ming's sons? They were even willing to come back and serve jail terms.

it's true. every sinkie from young to old in sgconnect associations in u.s. are very pro-pap. they celebrate ndp with consulate every august, adorn with sg flags, sing majulah singapura, hold makan sessions and talk the nice talk about sg, invite sinkie speakers every other week, and promote how good the pap has done for them to allow building of wealth, getting good education at home and abroad, feeling proud to be part of the most advance and expensive yet green city in the world. after each talk, americans and europeans are extemely jealous of sinkies.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
You don't get it. The race IS your life. The only way is slow and steady. Unless you know the meaning of life which the rest of us don't. :wink:

Sorry I did not realize you were referring to life as the race. I thought maybe rat race, election race, race to oust PAP etc.

Living life slow and steady may not be for everyone. Some seeks thrills. Live life to the fullest. Make sure they get all their bucket lists ticked off before they finish their lives.

Slow and steady I get the connotation, boring, everyday keep working, then die peacefully. I guess it may be good for some.

chucky

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not necessarily keep working and die peacefully. You can do things quickly as well and complete them and think that you have achieved something. For TCB, it's the elected presidency. But until you figure out what is the meaning of life, even achieving that is part of the slow and steady race of life. :smile:

Sorry I did not realize you were referring to life as the race. I thought maybe rat race, election race, race to oust PAP etc.

Living life slow and steady may not be for everyone. Some seeks thrills. Live life to the fullest. Make sure they get all their bucket lists ticked off before they finish their lives.

Slow and steady I get the connotation, boring, everyday keep working, then die peacefully. I guess it may be good for some.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Not necessarily keep working and die peacefully. You can do things quickly as well and complete them and think that you have achieved something. For TCB, it's the elected presidency. But until you figure out what is the meaning of life, even achieving that is part of the slow and steady race of life. :smile:

What is the meaning of life is a philosophical question that has never had an answer that met consensual agreement.

I tend to stay away from this sort of discussion. I hope you understand why.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Scroobal, I know that many of us here would relish the day we see the PAP get egg on their face and all.

I started out as someone thinking that perhaps it was Singaporeans not being aware of the issues. Hence posting and evangelizing would change things.

Later I found out interacting with fellow Singaporeans that they either already knew about the issues or did not want to know the issues but generally loved the PAP.

Hence I came to the sad conclusion that sinkies are a lost cause.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
tcb should not have announced so early. this racist game was probably hatched after that. he very naive

Yes and no. I think he was tipped off that they were going to do this anyway. So he announced to send the message that he is interested in running lest the people say TCB keep quiet like mouse.

There is no winning. The sinkies will still vote for whoever PAP supports.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I don't see Trump going to Lord Panic to get his opinion on his Trump Visa Ban or Obamacare.

Neither do I see Trudeau asking Lord Panic about legalizing marijuana.

Sinkie rubbish as usual.

his name is lordy panic for a reason - for sinkies to press the panic button everytime they are wronged by the pap, as though rules and law will be overturned. sinkies forget that sg has her independence from britain in 1963 and from malaysia federation in 1965. what next? seek opinion and ruling from tungku tuakee in kl? waste of everyone's time. better help ah por collect cardboard.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
you agree with papsmearer that TCB shd not have challenged AGC's opinion that WKW was the 1st elected president?

ckmpd, maybe I did not make this clear. I did not say that TCB should not challenge the presidency ruling with the application to the high court. Rather, I said that he has made a tactical error.

If he files this application now, as he has done and then file another one after the elections to challenge the ethnicity of HY, he will sound like a petty person, just wanting to harass the system. All People will think of TCB is "oh, here he goes again", he is going to high court again. The seriousness of his challenge is diluted by all these attempts. He will start to sound like the boy who cried wolf. For sure, of the 2 issues I mentioned above, HY's ethnicity is by far the most serious. He should pick that fight instead of this one. Just saying.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
ckmpd, maybe I did not make this clear. I did not say that TCB should not challenge the presidency ruling with the application to the high court. Rather, I said that he has made a tactical error.

If he files this application now, as he has done and then file another one after the elections to challenge the ethnicity of HY, he will sound like a petty person, just wanting to harass the system. All People will think of TCB is "oh, here he goes again", he is going to high court again. The seriousness of his challenge is diluted by all these attempts. He will start to sound like the boy who cried wolf. For sure, of the 2 issues I mentioned above, HY's ethnicity is by far the most serious. He should pick that fight instead of this one. Just saying.

I agree. As it is TCB already sounds like a petty person just wanting to harass the system. I am sure many Sinkies think the same.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Speaking of "small technicalities", as I've explained in my post at the top of the thread's second page:
sammyboy.com/showthread.php?243425-Re-Application-to-High-Court-for-President-Tan-Cheng-Bock-played-his-cards-wrong&p=2601528#post2601528
she would qualify, if no "100% Malay" Sinkie qualifies or is nominated, right? :wink:

Therefore, a court case or legal suit would only make LHL and the PAP look even better because they would obviously win the case/suit, if no "100% Malay" Sinkie qualifies or is nominated, right? :wink:

No one believes that clause. Why? because if they had to move heaven and earth, the PAP will find a "qualified" malay candidate. They are not going to leave it open by saying there was no qualified malay candidate. If they did, they could not control the candidates, if they don't know who is in the field. .

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Scroobal, I know that many of us here would relish the day we see the PAP get egg on their face and all.

I started out as someone thinking that perhaps it was Singaporeans not being aware of the issues. Hence posting and evangelizing would change things.

Later I found out interacting with fellow Singaporeans that they either already knew about the issues or did not want to know the issues but generally loved the PAP.

Hence I came to the sad conclusion that sinkies are a lost cause.

Right off the bat, your numbers are wrong. 31% of singaporeans know what the issues are and voted accordingly against the PAP. And in the election prior to that, it was 40%. Just because they voted for the PAP, does not mean that they like the PAP. Its a case of holding your nose and voting. The PAP stinks, and the fake oppo WP is not much better. Many people choose the lesser of the 2 evils, but they know its an evil. I would guess that 40% of the sinkies are die hard stupid PAP supporters. U can present all your facts against them, they will still vote for the PAP and call you a liar. 30%-40% will never voted PAP under any circumstances. the remaining 30%-20% may actually know how bad it is, but they choose to be ostriches because its too depressing to think about it. So they vote PAP with a large amount of reservation. If you want a better representation of the people and the groundswell, look at the EP elections instead. In the last one in 2011, the PAP's candidate Tony Tan who was a former DPM, and a MInister in the PAP barely got elected with 745,693 votes versus TCB with 738,311. Does that sound like an overwhelming number of sinkies supported the PAP?

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Yes because many think of TCB as a PAP man. Especially the older folk. As it is he is ex-PAP. And he hasn't joined an opposition party either. Why? If he is so hell bent on fighting the PAP then why not join WP or SDP or whatever Pee?

Go around and ask the man on the street whether TCB is PAP or not? Older folk will say yes. Younger folks might say who? But no one will say he is opposition except those who follow politics closely. And most sinkies do not follow politics closely. They just read straits times.

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
Last PE was strange. So many candidates. What for? And at that time TCB's entry was a bit of a shocker. Many wondered why 2 PAP candidates? No surprise those two got the most votes. And then you wonder why in the world sinkies would vote Tan Kin Lian?

Who knows they are all PAP secretly. Haven't seen any of them go to jail yet right?

CSJ and JBJ for sure not PAP the rest.....

nayr69sg

Super Moderator
Staff member
SuperMod
You mean an ordinary Sinkie sheep can't fuck the PAP? Oh dear... what have I been doing the past three decades then?

Yup if you are sheep cannot make it lah. You know what sheep are or not?

At least say ordinary sinkie maybe can believe lah. You add sheep.....

Ever heard of the term sheepishly? Does it sound like sodomizing or fornicating to you?