• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Raymond Lim smoking his way on transport fares

sheryllim

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a dialogue session with MacPherson residents last Sunday reported by CNA, Transport Minister Mr Raymond Lim was asked why bus fares have not come down in tandem with dropping oil prices.

His reply was:

“This is because the public transport fare is not directly linked to the oil prices. We link it to national factors, like the inflation level in Singapore, and the wage level in the whole of Singapore.”

Mr Lim’s explanation doesn’t make any sense at all given the fact that transport operators have cited rising oil prices as a key reason for raising their fares in the past:

“In a statement on Friday, SBS Transit said it is applying to raise bus and train fares because of fuel and energy costs have ‘increased significantly in the last year”.

- Straits Times,1 August 2008

Read full article here:

http://wayangparty.com/2008/12/24/r...ting-high-public-transport-costs-is-baffling/

lancerglxi

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a dialogue session with MacPherson residents last Sunday reported by CNA, Transport Minister Mr Raymond Lim was asked why bus fares have not come down in tandem with dropping oil prices.

His reply was:

“This is because the public transport fare is not directly linked to the oil prices. We link it to national factors, like the inflation level in Singapore, and the wage level in the whole of Singapore.”

Mr Lim’s explanation doesn’t make any sense at all given the fact that transport operators have cited rising oil prices as a key reason for raising their fares in the past:

“In a statement on Friday, SBS Transit said it is applying to raise bus and train fares because of fuel and energy costs have ‘increased significantly in the last year”.

- Straits Times,1 August 2008

Read full article here:

http://wayangparty.com/2008/12/24/r...ting-high-public-transport-costs-is-baffling/

Only stupid people will believe Lim's nonsense!

Everybody knows that transport cost = OIL + labour

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only Singaporeons will still vote in people who have nothing but utter contempt for them.
No matter how many times they express outright lies and insults to the intelligence of the citizens they are suppose to be serving, the kiasus will still vote them in. Reap what you sow lah!:mad:

Cestbon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
He will be in hiding after this stupid comment like the Peanut Woman after the comment never see that peanut agian in Public like TV/paper.

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
He will be in hiding after this stupid comment like the Peanut Woman after the comment never see that peanut agian in Public like TV/paper.

I can't agree. Why need to hide? The law protects them. 25 years for assaulting MPs! Porfirio had challenged me, maybe I'm going to try and scream at Mah Bow Lan, hopefully, I'll get away with a fine!:mad:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Only Singaporeons will still vote in people who have nothing but utter contempt for them.
No matter how many times they express outright lies and insults to the intelligence of the citizens they are suppose to be serving, the kiasus will still vote them in. Reap what you sow lah!:mad:

I remember many years ago just after the election, Goh Chok Tong did sarcastically mention, in TODAY paper, about Singaporean mentality. No matter how bad you did to them, they will get used to it and he specifically said this is unique Singapore culture. I felt deeply insulted by such statement from a political leader.

Zeitgeist

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember many years ago just after the election, Goh Chok Tong did sarcastically mention, in TODAY paper, about Singaporean mentality. No matter how bad you did to them, they will get used to it and he specifically said this is unique Singapore culture. I felt deeply insulted by such statement from a political leader.

I'm a resident of Tampines, what I am seeing and hearing in the shopping areas, I laugh when I recall LKY's words, there's no money politics in Singapore!:biggrin:

Last edited:

Merl Haggard

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

In short, S'porean peasants are mindless and they deserve to be screwed forever and ever!

The_Latest_H

Alfrescian
Loyal
Raymond Lim probably should be ticked off in private by LKY for not following party line. Its revealing that he now said that its not linked to oil.

In any case, to base prices on US$130 per barrel when its now US$30 is ridiculous. I wonder how are they gonna keep on evading this question..they know its stupid. Even at its peak, Transperth in Perth, Western Australia, didn't increase prices in August. Transperth run by the state government cannot increase prices anyhow anyway; its political suicide if they do.

DrPanacea

Alfrescian
Loyal
Raymond is either sleeping on the job or too busy enjoying the milions which we didn't agree to pay him.
Heard that at the meting he was thoroughly lambasted by residents. But of course they hid this fact from the public which was not published by the PAP newsletter, namely the 154th.

Remember come 2011.

DOM the Clown

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only stupid people will believe Lim's nonsense!

Everybody knows that transport cost = OIL + labour

Agree. And Oil is down and so is Labour! So, one factor Limpity Limp did not dare to mention....................*tadam!*......The Ho Jinx's (aka Queen Sadim's) factor!