• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PAP Once Promised Free Public Transport If GST Increases To 8.5%

TerrexLee

Alfrescian
Loyal
This was in 2008. Will we get free public transport now that they plan to raise GST to 9%? Or will they go back on their promise as usual?

• Shorten URL

The PAP recently announced their plans for Singapore to start raising our GST, by two percentage points, from 7 per cent to 9 per cent. This already goes against PM Lee’s previous statement about how they will be mad to increase GST.
One netter recalled that ex-Transport Minister Raymond Lim promised in 2008 that we can get free transport if GST is raised to 8.5%. So does this mean that we will be getting free public transport soon?

What did Raymond Lim say?​

1647195587609.png

Back in 2008 at a MacPherson dialogue, one resident quipped that “(During) this tough and uncertain period, I hope there will be no increase in transport fares.” In response, then transport Minister Raymond Lim said –

“The money still must come from somewhere, right? It is about a 1.5 percentage point increase of your GST. So, now it is 7%. You want it to be free, do you want the GST to go up to 8.5% to run a completely free bus and train system?”
Raymond Lim, 2008

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
We still waiting for Woody's promise of Swiss standard of living which he promised us in 1990......

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
The only valid promise PAP made so far is to all CECA Ah Nehs of a job here and bring their family too.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I trust them in one thing-to keep moving the goalposts

Last edited:

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I’m surprised they didn’t vote in legislation to be part of India
I think when they look at CECAland's ministers salary, they got cold feet.
Their astronomical salaries is why they are so desperately clinging on to power, come what may.
Where else can you get the highest salaries in the world and yet be not held accountable for the high number of policy failures