• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Questions that Buddhist cannot answer ;)

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Too vague.

I ask you a simple question:

I see a $1000 dollar note on the floor. It's dropped carelessly by a poor worker . This $1000 is his monthly salary to feed his family. He is the sole breadwinner.

If i take the money and spend every cent, is it is bad karma that he dropped the money? And will i get bad karma for taking his money?

But if i have been "programmed" to take the money to 'punish' him? Will i be inflicted with bad karma for taking the money? But then ive been 'programmed'. Shouldn't i be left to spend the money without guil, meaning im karma-neutral?

If i've been 'programmed' to take the money, then what incentive is there for me to be a good person and not take the money?

If i exercise my free will and not take the money, will i be rewarded with good karma? If if i am already programmed to take the money then where is my free will?

I may sound confusing because it is. There is simply no logic for this buddhist version of karma.

See, it over-complicates things. This guy is careless and lost his money. I found it. We are strangers. If im honest then good for him. I return him the money and we will never meet again. What the fuck has karma got to do with it?

Good example ... Points for you :wink:

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My answers are based on my beliefs.

1. Life has no beginning point. Its perpetual with craving as its driving force. Time is a construct of the mind. There is only the present. I don't believe in the reincarnation of the soul/self.

2. I can't even be sure if there are really billions of people living on Earth. Does the UN suggest a figure for the number of ants living on Earth?

3. He self-proclaimed his own enlightenment. There is no way to check if his self-proclaimed enlightenment is true other than to try out the method he recommended.

4. From repeated and constant self-reflection on his mental, verbal and bodily actions.

5. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

6. See 1.

7. See 1.

8. I don't believe in the existence of a self-same spiritual entity. As such, I don't believe we can learn from past mistakes in our previous lives. I don't believe in retribution.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

1. Life has no beginning point. Its perpetual with craving as its driving force. Time is a construct of the mind. There is only the present. I don't believe in the reincarnation of the soul/self.

2. I can't even be sure if there are really billions of people living on Earth. Does the UN suggest a figure for the number of ants living on Earth?

3. He self-proclaimed his own enlightenment. There is no way to check if his self-proclaimed enlightenment is true other than to try out the method he recommended.

4. From repeated and constant self-reflection on his mental, verbal and bodily actions.

6. See 1.

7. See 1.

8. I don't believe in the existence of a self-same spiritual entity. As such, I don't believe we can learn from past mistakes in our previous lives. I don't believe in retribution.

What is the different between retribution and karma ?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

6. See 1.

7. See 1.

2) how can you not believe that there's billions humans living on earth ? do you think ants are important for UN that they do a check on those ants ?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Why Buddha want to make life so complicated to understand ? A life is a life .. Period .

iFARKurMADER

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro...

buddism was never meant to be a religion but a philosophy that aims to set one thinking about certain things in
life

But the teachings pass by many hands and add this and that and become a religion.

suggest you read the most raw scriptures without any added interpretation...

1. How did human life begin and who controls reincarnations if there is no Almighty God or Gods to answer to?
2. How did the world’s population grow from perhaps 100 million people in Buddha’s day to about 6.7 billion people in the 21st century? If all human lives were reincarnated from past lives then where did all the additional people come from without any divine power to create billions of more human spirits or souls? And if there is a divine power to answer and give an account too then (if Buddha’s teachings are accurate) why did not the Buddha give us detailed information about the true worship and service to this God or Gods?
3. If the Buddha was truly enlightened who gave him this enlightenment? If it was from an Almighty God then why did he not say so?
4. If there is no God to answer too then from where did the Buddha receive his wise and moral teachings from?
5. If the Buddha’s enlightened teachings was really true then why is there no evidence of anyone ever teaching Buddhism before the Buddha was born?
6. If Buddhism were true then why are there no historical claims of Buddhists being Christian, Jew, or American Indian such as Aztec or Mayans in previous lives? It appears that all Buddhists always believed that their previous lives were always in the societies that they were familiar with. How can Buddhists explain why they were not Aztecs, Mayans, or Australian Aborigines? If Buddhism’s teaching about reincarnation were really true then Buddhists should have been reincarnated from various nations and religions from around the entire globe!
7. Exactly when was mankind and all material things created and how did human suffering begin in the first place?
8. How can Buddhists only recall portions of their past lives if they are really the selfsame spiritual entity? And how can one really learn from past mistakes in his previous lives if he cannot recall them? What is the sense of being punished for actions we cannot even remember?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Bro...

buddism was never meant to be a religion but a philosophy that aims to set one thinking about certain things in
life

But the teachings pass by many hands and add this and that and become a religion.

suggest you read the most raw scriptures without any added interpretation...

Bro I think all religion started out with some stupid fellow trying to inject his idea to other ppl . By the way , where can I get those raw scriptures ?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Buddhism, unlike most other religions (and yes, buddhism it is a religion), doesn’t make the mistake of trying to explain how it all began ( getting smarter , after seeing some religion Kenna question :wink: ) Bible starts saying “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth [Genesis 1:1].” Anyone with an brain can see this is just stupid. It is so stupid that I’m not going to explain why it’s stupid. Not just Abrahamic religions, but many religions have a god who created everything. Buddhism doesn’t make that stupid mistake :wink: . Buddha tells us not to ponder upon how it all began since it’d yield no answer. But by not having a god, Buddhism creates a whole lot of questions that it has to answer. Tio backfired Liao :wink: buddha think by not answering that question won't Kena whack by logic . Boy , he is wrong :wink:

In Buddhism, there’s the concept of Karma. It is by no means an original creation of Buddhism. Religions that sprung up in India before Buddhism talked about Karma. But somehow, if Karma is a brand name, now it belongs to Buddhism.

According to this concept of Karma, if you do something good, good will happen to you. If you do something bad, bad things will happen to you. A cursory look at peoples’ lives would make you see it’s bullshit . Hence the need for reincarnation: the birth-rebirth cycle.

There’s absolutely no logical nor empirical reason to believe that there’s life after death. There’s absolutely no reason to believe that there’s a cycle of birth and rebirth. But Buddhist believe there is one. Why? Because Buddha said so.

But that’s the case with all religions. It’s not about reason. It’s about faith. The more ridiculous the thing you believe, the closer you are to salvation. You’re a really good Christian if you believe snakes talked. You’re a really good Buddhist if you believe an elephan, a tiger were good friends in the jungle .

So I will talk about something that I think Buddhism needs to answer and yet hasn’t answered. If there’s a god, whatever you do that he doesn’t like will send you to hell and whatever you do that he likes will send you to heaven. But when there’s no god, as in Buddhism, who or what decides what’s wrong and what’s right? How can you say that killing a person or an animal is bad Karma? If it IS wrong, is killing a person is equally wrong for you and me, or is it more wrong for me and less wrong for you? There’s no god to decide this. Then there must be a mechanism for this. If minus values are bad Karma and plus values are good Karma, and if there’s an act called X which has a Karma value of Z, there must be a mechanism to decide what Z is; to decide whether Z is greater or lesser than 0 or Z=0. No such mechanism is presented in Buddhism.

Sideswipe

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
this is the first time i read this section. :smile:

i like many Buddhist sayings on life. the quotes are inspirational and very true. but i am not a Buddhist.
what i truly believe in is "salvation lies within." - only you can save yourself. karma and retribution are simply life cause and effect: you reap what you sow.

regarding karma and retribution.

maybe some people will think that they don't deserve their bad fate or luck in life. i have nothing to say except, well they can blame it on their past life misdeeds if it makes them feel any better.

i experienced some incredible good luck and also some terrible bad luck in my life. think life has a way of balancing itself out.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Buddhism, unlike most other religions (and yes, buddhism it is a religion), doesn’t make the mistake of trying to explain how it all began ( getting smarter , after seeing some religion Kenna question :wink: ) Bible starts saying “In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth [Genesis 1:1].” Anyone with an brain can see this is just stupid. It is so stupid that I’m not going to explain why it’s stupid. Not just Abrahamic religions, but many religions have a god who created everything. Buddhism doesn’t make that stupid mistake :wink: . Buddha tells us not to ponder upon how it all began since it’d yield no answer. But by not having a god, Buddhism creates a whole lot of questions that it has to answer. Tio backfired Liao :wink: buddha think by not answering that question won't Kena whack by logic . Boy , he is wrong :wink:

In Buddhism, there’s the concept of Karma. It is by no means an original creation of Buddhism. Religions that sprung up in India before Buddhism talked about Karma. But somehow, if Karma is a brand name, now it belongs to Buddhism.

According to this concept of Karma, if you do something good, good will happen to you. If you do something bad, bad things will happen to you. A cursory look at peoples’ lives would make you see it’s bullshit . Hence the need for reincarnation: the birth-rebirth cycle.

There’s absolutely no logical nor empirical reason to believe that there’s life after death. There’s absolutely no reason to believe that there’s a cycle of birth and rebirth. But Buddhist believe there is one. Why? Because Buddha said so.

But that’s the case with all religions. It’s not about reason. It’s about faith. The more ridiculous the thing you believe, the closer you are to salvation. You’re a really good Christian if you believe snakes talked. You’re a really good Buddhist if you believe an elephan, a tiger were good friends in the jungle .

So I will talk about something that I think Buddhism needs to answer and yet hasn’t answered. If there’s a god, whatever you do that he doesn’t like will send you to hell and whatever you do that he likes will send you to heaven. But when there’s no god, as in Buddhism, who or what decides what’s wrong and what’s right? How can you say that killing a person or an animal is bad Karma? If it IS wrong, is killing a person is equally wrong for you and me, or is it more wrong for me and less wrong for you? There’s no god to decide this. Then there must be a mechanism for this. If minus values are bad Karma and plus values are good Karma, and if there’s an act called X which has a Karma value of Z, there must be a mechanism to decide what Z is; to decide whether Z is greater or lesser than 0 or Z=0. No such mechanism is presented in Buddhism.

Karma and reincarnation was 1st talked about by Jainism - a far older religion than Buddhism which is younger than Hinduism (also older than Buddhism)..........all 3 use the same terms........

Buddha used many of the same terms becoz his disciples were Hindus and Jains that converted...........using same terms is practical and won't confuse disciples.........

there's no point in talking about the first cause = creation...........becoz it won't solve human's biggest problem which is to end suffering.........just like when you go hospital and need an urgent operation, you won't be asking about the surgeon's credentials, right ?

now, scientists are saying what Buddha has been telling people - that there is no time just an ''Eternal Now''..........as for Creation, a well-known monk explain it this way............you can always keep subtracting from Zero........-1, -2, -3 and so on............likewise, you can always add to a Zero without end..........so where's the beginning and the end ?

for Karma, every thing/thought you're responsible for produces a ''karmic seed'' and under the right conditions, the seed will ''ripen''............like LKY, he may not have retribution this lifetime becoz the conditions are not there...........e.g. if you keep staying at home for the rest of your life, you're not gonna be run down by a car, right ?

that's why good things happen to bad people and vice versa...............also, that's why you read people die after walking and slipping on wet pavement........and people survived falling from over 10 storey building.........good and bad karma needs the right conditions to ripen.

Last edited:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Karma and reincarnation was 1st talked about by Jainism - a far older religion than Buddhism which is younger than Hinduism (also older than Buddhism)..........all 3 use the same terms........

Buddha used many of the same terms becoz his disciples were Hindus and Jains that converted...........using same terms is practical and won't confuse disciples.........

there's no point in talking about the first cause = creation...........becoz it won't solve human's biggest problem which is to end suffering.........just like when you go hospital and need an urgent operation, you won't be asking about the surgeon's credentials, right ?

now, scientists are saying what Buddha has been telling people - that there is no time just an ''Eternal Now''..........as for Creation, a well-known monk explain it this way............you can always keep subtracting from Zero........-1, -2, -3 and so on............likewise, you can always add to a Zero without end..........so where's the beginning and the end ?

for Karma, every thing/thought you're responsible for produces a ''karmic seed'' and under the right conditions, the seed will ''ripen''............like LKY, he may not have retribution this lifetime becoz the conditions are not there...........e.g. if you keep staying at home for the rest of your life, you're not gonna be run down by a car, right ?

that's why good things happen to bad people and vice versa...............also, that's why you read people die after walking and slipping on wet pavement........and people survived falling from over 10 storey building.........good and bad karma needs the right conditions to ripen.

"there's no point in talking about the first cause = creation...........becoz it won't solve human's biggest problem which is to end suffering.........just like when you go hospital and need an urgent operation, you won't be asking about the surgeon's credentials, right ?

Let me put it this way , don't u want to know what causes cancer , aids , bird flu ... Ect ? If u know what causes those diseases , you will be careful .. Right ? It's the same like before u embrace any religion you need to know whether they talk cock right ?

"now, scientists are saying what Buddha has been telling people - that there is no time just an ''Eternal Now''..........as for Creation, a well-known monk explain it this way............you can always keep subtracting from Zero........-1, -2, -3 and so on............likewise, you can always add to a Zero without end..........so where's the beginning and the end " ?

Why Buddha like to complicated things ? Some questions are just plain stupid for example which come first the egg or the chicks . Life already very complicated .. Why make it worst ? Why can't buddist enjoy the journey of life and make the best out of their life and live life to the fullest ? Because we don't have second life .

"For Karma, every thing/thought you're responsible for produces a ''karmic seed'' and under the right conditions, the seed will ''ripen''............like LKY, he may not have retribution this lifetime becoz the conditions are not there...........e.g. if you keep staying at home for the rest of your life, you're not gonna be run down by a car, right ?

Under the right condition Karma will come ? Come on ... Good things happen to bad ppl too is that what you call good karma if good things happen to bad guys ? Life is random .. Bad and good things happen to both good and bad guys ... That's the facts u have to understand first .

Without knowing when is the bad karma coming .. Means there's no karma . Because life is random . Period .

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Eternity And Infinity Only Prove That God Can Exist

You are also thinking about the word "infinity". The atheistic scientists love to talk about the universe but they will NOT accept "infinity". In the end, we now know that the atheists are fast losing on both their science and the mathematics cards completely.

Ask a statistician and he will tell you to dream on because buying a TOTO ticket has much better luck and hope than putting all your money and time in randomness to produce a simple life form. And we are NOT even talking about a creature that thinks and possessing emotions.

The atheistic scientists are hypocritical enough to presume that everything falls into place without the need of knowledge (a blueprint) and they avoid how proteins are formed without the need of a living cell. Materialistic nature CANNOT provide that. There is NO information to work on.

Such technical difficulty in getting a FUNCTIONAL thing like a liver or a brain will tell you that something or someone is out there which or who is actually interested in creating life forms on a dead earth. We all know that a dead stone cannot be too bothered to give you information or blueprint to create a simple life with so much sophistication than what we had produced so far.

And of course, the Earth had to be a living earth in the first place before any life form can be created. The table must be clean before you knead your first dough. We don't want to produce a deadly bun, don't we ?

So, if you are a believer of SOUND (not unsound ones from the atheists group) science and mathematical concepts, then eternity and infinity will ONLY prove that God can actually exist in this universe. Because, the presence of "infinity" means there is NO beginning and there is NO end JUST like God.

Last edited:

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is the different between retribution and karma ?

I don't believe, for example, that if you were murdered by someone after your wealth, that this act of murder is because of your kamma ripening. This act, in my opinion, is a totally random act that is independent of kamma.

I believe that the results of kamma are only expressed as DNA. I believe that thoughts and intentions can alter our DNA.

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Eternity And Infinity Only Prove That God Can Exist

You are also thinking about the word "infinity". The atheistic scientists love to talk about the universe but they will NOT accept "infinity". In the end, we now know that the atheists are fast losing on both their science and the mathematics cards completely.

Ask a statistician and he will tell you to dream on because buying a TOTO ticket has much better luck and hope than putting all your money and time in randomness to produce a simple life form. And we are NOT even talking about a creature that thinks and possessing emotions.

The atheistic scientists are hypocritical enough to presume that everything falls into place without the need of knowledge (a blueprint) and they avoid how proteins are formed without the need of a living cell. Materialistic nature CANNOT provide that. There is NO information to work on.

Such technical difficulty in getting a FUNCTIONAL thing like a liver or a brain will tell you that something or someone is out there which or who is actually interested in creating life forms on a dead earth. We all know that a dead stone cannot be too bothered to give you information or blueprint to create a simple life with so much sophistication than what we had produced so far.

And of course, the Earth had to be a living earth in the first place before any life form can be created. The table must be clean before you knead your first dough. We don't want to produce a deadly bun, don't we ?

So, if you are a believer of SOUND (not unsound ones from the atheists group) science and mathematical concepts, then eternity and infinity will ONLY prove that God can actually exist in this universe. Because, the presence of "infinity" means there is NO beginning and there is NO end JUST like God.

Wow ... superstition delusional religious freak who believe that a snake could talk want to talk about science here ? Whahahaaa ... That is the best joke in 2012 :wink:

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't believe, for example, that if you were murdered by someone after your wealth, that this act of murder is because of your kamma ripening. This act, in my opinion, is a totally random act that is independent of kamma.

I believe that the results of kamma are only expressed as DNA. I believe that thoughts and intentions can alter our DNA.

"I don't believe, for example, that if you were murdered by someone after your wealth, that this act of murder is because of your kamma ripening. This act, in my opinion, is a totally random act that is independent of kamma."

This sound very logic . Thankyou . But some Buddists will argue because its your previous life that cause you to be murdered .. Which I think sound crazy .

I totally agree with you that human thoughts are very powerful .. And with thoughts it come action . That's why many religious group want to brain washed you to believe in them ..

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why Do You Want To Be Confused ?

Your point number 5 is correct. I agree. But, eventually things have changed for the better for the theists. Many logical explanation can ONLY point to ONE direction with confidence - God existence is becoming the truth and is now supported by more scientists than before. :biggrin:

Time is only a measure. But, the reference point of zero time is dependent on your definition of the word "beginning". The beginning of human beings ? Or, the beginning of a living cell ? Or, the beginning of the universe ? Or perhaps, the beginning of God ?

God cannot have a beginning and an end if He's infinite on both ends. If you can understand this, then you can understand why energy is also like that. :wink:

32304511.jpg

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
2) how can you not believe that there's billions humans living on earth ? do you think ants are important for UN that they do a check on those ants ?

Why should I believe in something that I can't verify for myself? Take that figure with a pinch of salt.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Useless Atheist Talking Thru The Asshole Again

Wow ... superstition delusional religious freak who believe that a snake could talk want to talk about science here ? Whahahaaa ... That is the best joke in 2012 :wink:

While the Christians speaks in tongues, the dumb atheists speak with their assholes without the need of any brain cells. :rolleyes:

Your RELIGION is an obsolete belief. :eek: Face it. :biggrin:

32304969.jpg

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Re: Why Do You Want To Be Confused ?

"God cannot have a beginning and an end if He's infinite on both ends. If you can understand this, then you can understand why energy is also like that"

Again , comparing lychee with durian . Energy can be proven its existence . Can your god be tested to prove his existence ? :wink: