• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Queenstown Today

youth123

Alfrescian
Loyal
Map - Margaret Dr 1993.jpg
Ok now I know why this missed me, in 1973 I was only 7. Thanks youth123. This is really interesting. Seems like a poddle cover-up.

Ya, the poodle treated it as cold case & many Sporean just forgot this case. Btw, I attach this old map of Queenstown during 1993 for your reference. Cheers!

3_M

Alfrescian
Loyal
The hawkers at the old HC were always friendly. The boss at the tze char stall knew that I love his balachan chilli and always prepared extra serving for me to bring home.

Don't think I will find any other stall like this in sinkapor.

wikiphile

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
The duck noodles stall has also moved to Mei Ling Street Food Centre. Still being run by the same elderly couple (the man is bald and with spectacles right?) Still long queue every day.

Thank you, will go n find it!

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That's true. But though our Queenstown is not so pretty, it has its own charm and a special place in the hearts of local Queenstowners with fond memories. It is truly being missed.
Most picturesque part of Queenstown should be the area behind tanglin halt where the railway tracks are...from there to Portsdown road with the colonial black and white houses....believed area still untouched now.

There was the Sande club there later civil service club (presently Temasek Club).

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Most picturesque part of Queenstown should be the area behind tanglin halt where the railway tracks are...from there to Portsdown road with the colonial black and white houses....believed area still untouched now.

There was the Sande club there later civil service club (presently Temasek Club).

Railway tracks had been removed buddy

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Hey guys I really don't know where to post this but thought Ghim Moh is not far away from Queenstown so here is it. I just came back from Ghim Moh Market breakfast. Primary objective is this:

2892d712.jpg

7dfd6a4c.jpg

My favourite thosai store in Singapore. Had a plain and an egg thosai total $2.50

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
After thosai I had my favourite wonton mee. Very old style wontons and the noodles very QQ and good taste.

f8719038.jpg

193b8cf9.jpg

Cost $2.50 ; $3.00 ; $3.50 - I took the $3.00

d36247f7.jpg

Added another $1.00 of wonton

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
After these two I full already so went to tah-pao more food home later today can eat:

Pao from this famous stall
7b6db3d7.jpg

4292d999.jpg

Bought 8 tiny char-siew paos for 80 cents each and 2 tao-sa and 2 lin-yong paus at 70 cents each. Also bought 2 lor-mai-gai and 1 fan-choy at $1.70 each and some siew-mais

Also bought a bowl of pei-dan-jok for bro from this stall (queue very long)

65eaab0d.jpg

1291b5c7.jpg

I passed by this very long queue char-kway-teow Guan Kee but then I cannot eat anymore just admire only

7110207a.jpg

Last edited:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Saw this busker, he's really great

[video=youtube;EB87e2nj-h4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EB87e2nj-h4&feature=youtu.be[/video]

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The last time I've been to Queenstown-Redhill area was about a year ago with GMS and LTB to Zi Yean Dim Sum. Not bad. But in later months, LTB informed that price is upped but standard is dropped. So, we stopped going there anymore. LTB is the expert of eating around Queenstown-Redhill area.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Good morning Ramsey, I know GMS = Goh Meng Seng how about LTB? I know we have a leetahbar here I guess its not him right?

The last time I've been to Queenstown-Redhill area was about a year ago with GMS and LTB to Zi Yean Dim Sum. Not bad. But in later months, LTB informed that price is upped but standard is dropped. So, we stopped going there anymore. LTB is the expert of eating around Queenstown-Redhill area.

Conqueror

Alfrescian
Loyal
Old Queenstown

All photos taken from MRT train,

3d98ff7d.jpg

Tah ChunOng Departmental Store bus-stop. Behind the green space used to be Tah Chung and further is what used to be the food centre. See the road behing the bus-stop? Used to be carpark of TAH Chung.

f7052450.jpg

2-Storey market, see behind building is the Q'town Polyclinic. Van driving on same carpark drive way from Tah Chung.

48513a70.jpg

Q'town Cinema & Bowl, NTUC is gone, blk 39A (bird shop) is gone. Now could see Q'town library clearly. Strange why cidnema still don't tear down.

zfunplace1.jpg

3768857727_c659fc5cab.jpg

Yah, those good'ol days. Now, ... more high rise buildings ? It's a very old estate with no new life. Invigorating it with the potion of youth ?

1229488780_be11625846.jpg