• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Queenstown Today

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Breakfast

5XI81Zy.jpg

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Forfar Square was known as 7 floor whereas Commonwealth Crescent was known as 16 floor, Tanglin Halt was known as 10 floor. There used to have a fountain near Tanglin Halt road junction. The Queenstown/Queensway cinema had KFC on the 2nd floor.
Forfar house was 14th storey.
I dun remember a fountain except at the cinemas golden city and Venus near Tai Chung.
The kfc at Queensway cinema came later it was at the basement. Where the bowling alley was. Also got arcade and later a ktv.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Went to Bugis klkk and lsls saw this stall in the hawker centre I also went to queue

IMG_20190204_112645.jpg

This sfall
IMG_20190204_112655.jpg

Have to say the noodle is really nice and the chili sauce is great

IMG_20190204_111541.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I dun remember a fountain except at the cinemas golden city and Venus near Tai Chung.
The kfc at Queensway cinema came later it was at the basement. Where the bowling alley was. Also got arcade and later a ktv.

Here you go bro, whatever you mentioned above,

This is Forfar House
forfar-house3-1956.jpg

Before having the fountain
golden-city-and-venus-theatres-queenstown-1964-e1361932861334.jpg

After having the fountain (suspect taken at the staircase of Tah Chung Emporium)
queenstown-1970s.jpg

(Suspect taken from the OUB bank below the staircase of Tah Chung Emporium)
queenstown-venus-and-golden-city-cinemas-1970s.jpg

Cinema
queenstownbowl.jpg

Queenstown bowl
Queenstownbowlalley.jpg

Palace KTV
Queenstown KTV.JPG

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Since I was back yesterday I decided to bring some of the family members out for a nice Chinese New Year dinner before today's reunion dinner.

Yusheng
T0eN7Uc.jpg

Mixing the yusheng

Toss and mix the yusheng

Come the main dishes staring with drunken prawns
QPgWWLl.jpg

Steamed abalones
z7CNIka.jpg

Pepper crabs
mGmbRy0.jpg

2ngu59J.jpg

Chilli crab sauce and buns
P6dtHfu.jpg

Roasted chicken
arDxPKY.jpg

Steamed fish
A0Cbtn7.jpg

Spinach with eggs
rtNXRPW.jpg

Longevity buns
GGJwv04.jpg

kezgtree

Alfrescian
Loyal

...fyi...Forfar Sq consist of 3 blocks .....40...41 and 42 and block 39 is Forfar House...anything else?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Was that the Chui Huay Lim Teochew restaurant, not far from the Newton Circus?

I passed by there during one of my adventures.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
What a great start to my week. Breakfast

8am queue not so long but there's always a queue anytime
wCSPEH7.jpg

The stall
4TjbzFe.jpg

Coffeeshop at Tanglin Halt
WZLXR1F.jpg

$4 vegetarian beehoon and $1 kopi-o
UFjYJ9D.jpg

After this it's time to go sell some screws
WdgLEhP.jpg

rushifa666

Alfrescian
Loyal
Makes my blood boil to see them erect a condo after they demolished a hdb block besdie the school. Heartless bastards

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Came down at 6.20am for this very old school type duck noodle. Hard to get this taste now a days.

9wJmXu8.jpg

Us4SiSA.jpg

And now its time to go home

IMG_20190516_093235.jpg

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Makes my blood boil to see them erect a condo after they demolished a hdb block besdie the school. Heartless bastards

Welcome to land-grabbing, rent-seeking Sinkieland run by the pappies. Population White Paper 10 million and beyond.

I'll let you in on another secret: school mergers. The official narrative is that since birth rates and enrolment are falling, it's better to close one school and put its students into another school. Sounds reasonable, right?

The reality: one of the schools gets 'upgraded' or 'expanded', increasing its capacity. The students from the closed down school are then put into that upgraded school. What happened to the school which got closed down? Left abandoned until HDB or some property developer comes along to demolish it.