• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Queenstown Today

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Queenstown Bowl is no more (you can still see it intact on Google Maps street view, image taken on March 2009).

I can fondly remember a good Chinese restaurant at or near the Queenstown Cinema. When I was a kid (early 1990s), I went there with my parents to attend a wedding dinner. It had a BIG stage with a large projection screen that played karaoke songs. Guests could go up and sing in front of everyone. Many adults and kids sang Sally Yeh's 瀟灑走一回 as it was a very popular song then.

As of now, I have attended many wedding dinners, from the obscure restaurants at Boon Lay, Chinatown, Queenstown, Concourse etc to the more posh ones (Fullerton, Mariott, Copthorne, Sheraton, Mandarin). Only that particular restaurant at Queenstown still brings back fond memories after so many years. No other restaurant had guests singing karaoke as entertainment. Sometimes there would be a live band, or a hired celeb emcee, but that's it.

The only bowling alley nearest to Queenstown and outside of the city area is probably the one at West Coast Recreation Centre.
Laksaboy, your Chinese restaurant is called Golden Crown. Cantonese restaurant. Back in 1968, one table of 10 course with sharks fin, abalone, with steamed tiger grouper, etc costed only $70.

Reddog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Forfar Square was known as 7 floor whereas Commonwealth Crescent was known as 16 floor, Tanglin Halt was known as 10 floor. There used to have a fountain near Tanglin Halt road junction. The Queenstown/Queensway cinema had KFC on the 2nd floor.

Forfar House was 16 storey high. My home for 15 months.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Forfar House was 16 storey high. My home for 15 months.

Forfar House is popularly known as Chap-Si-Lau because its 14-storey. Its so popular that all taxi drivers know the name Chap-Si-Lau even till today.

20150407_103518.jpg

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Lunch at Redhill Market

The famous curry rice stall
bTGcwak.jpg

Curry rice with 3 items - pork chop, cabbage, minced pork ball
F1Eywnv.jpg

The stall where Singapore's prime minister was spotted queuing for deep fried chicken wings
EmPDiYI.jpg

Prices and opening hours
uCZ9hHH.jpg

Stall
9l3Rg8C.jpg

Lunch
tvZGVDa.jpg

Semaj2357

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Laksaboy, your Chinese restaurant is called Golden Crown. Cantonese restaurant. Back in 1968, one table of 10 course with sharks fin, abalone, with steamed tiger grouper, etc costed only $70.
yes, the last manager was called william and though gayish, he sang well to entertain the diners when they had a karaoke in the main hall, before moving to safra bukit merah. the 2nd floor of the margaret drive food centre used to have a western resto and changed hands to a indon food resto.
there was the popular dessert stall on the ground floor manned by a young fat girl always in shorts, mannish in behavior with short hair and a manly voice to boot :cool:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Dinner at East Ocean Restaurant inNgee Ann City 5th floor

Starters - roast pork
0N9DNDM.jpg

Wine of course
1dT8XBv.jpg

Teochew braised duck
fisuTaS.jpg

Bean curd
GmHBC9Q.jpg

Main course - Grouper steamed with soya sauce
eR5Ahb2.jpg

Tender beef
et8Wtcv.jpg

Vege
yIHnYux.jpg

Sweet and sour prawns
I76mGez.jpg

Noodles
Dm9Ulhr.jpg

Dessert - 雪蛤
tkXWgUw.jpg

雪蛤 in English is hasma, this dessert is cooked in almond milk. For those of you who don't know what this is it is actually a dried fatty tissue found near the fallopian tubes of frogs typically Asiatic Grass Frog. Western pharmaceutical term is Oviductus Ranae.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
dear froggy,
maybe u can tell us the total bill so we can see if its expensive or not for all these nice food....just a suggestion

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
dear froggy,
maybe u can tell us the total bill so we can see if its expensive or not for all these nice food....just a suggestion

Thank you for your suggestion. It is politically incorrect to post food price because there are sore asses here and will accuse not just me anyone who post prices or bills as howlian so forget it. If you want can PM. Anyway I just PM you the bill. Cheers

AhMeng

Alfrescian (Inf- Comp)
Asset
Thank you for your suggestion. It is politically incorrect to post food price because there are sore asses here and will accuse not just me anyone who post prices or bills as howlian so forget it. If you want can PM. Anyway I just PM you the bill. Cheers
It's OK lah. Though I cannot afford it, I no jealous type hokay. :biggrin:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Lunch went to Bukit Merah View blk 116 coffeeshop for curry rice

The stall
8QlJ1ej.jpg

Coffeeshop
Jzk5zxk.jpg

Stall
xiOfO3u.jpg

The spread
egPslp8.jpg

Special, curry fish head, boiling hot
3M6HC4G.jpg

Delicious
kJ4ZOnQ.jpg

Traditional Hainanese pork chop
5Vdykx2.jpg

Cabbage chap-chai
HkzntN0.jpg

Lor bak
bTEKe5n.jpg

Radish omelette
nPtTgIo.jpg

Great lunch

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Tanglin Halt estate dearly known to residents here as chap-lau or Tanglin Halt 10-storey will be transformed in 2 years when 30+ blocks will be demolished after residents move out to newer flats nearby.

Took a walk around this almost 60years old estate this morning, took some photos to remember it by

Tds9sPI.jpg

UkvujqZ.jpg

bz465vn.jpg

udWLc9D.jpg

wBm6xEe.jpg

AVJe1D4.jpg

UibYyvZ.jpg

GR5bmLz.jpg

gCg1NHq.jpg

RvhJj94.jpg

Lh6shii.jpg

Taking off soon off phone post more photos later

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Dinner at East Ocean Restaurant inNgee Ann City 5th floor

Starters - roast pork
0N9DNDM.jpg

Wine of course
1dT8XBv.jpg

Teochew braised duck
fisuTaS.jpg

Bean curd
GmHBC9Q.jpg

Main course - Grouper steamed with soya sauce
eR5Ahb2.jpg

Tender beef
et8Wtcv.jpg

Vege
yIHnYux.jpg

Sweet and sour prawns
I76mGez.jpg

Noodles
Dm9Ulhr.jpg

Dessert - 雪蛤
tkXWgUw.jpg

雪蛤 in English is hasma, this dessert is cooked in almond milk. For those of you who don't know what this is it is actually a dried fatty tissue found near the fallopian tubes of frogs typically Asiatic Grass Frog. Western pharmaceutical term is Oviductus Ranae.

Wah, you come to sinkapore every weekend for makan? When are you going to fly your own private jet back?