• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last night one of the weekends I drove to Nusa Bestari for some massage but all fully packed. Went along this row along Standchart bank and there are at least 3 shady establishments with OKT seated outside and its poorly lit. I don't really dare to go inside in case wallet or handphone kena stolen etc. End up went up to Parris Hotel and patronise my favourite deals.

After that drove to Puteri harbour and was shocked to realise that at 2am the place nearby the marina is quite happening already. The bar was almost packed to the brim with expats and I can see that a few locals were enjoying. Puteri Harbour is indeed lively on weekend nights nowadays even when none of the houses are ready. I can foresee once 10,000 units are up and running with 30,000 residents in 5-10 years time the place will become Keppel or Sentosa Cove minus the hefty price

Once you have alcohols flowing around, there will be nasty incidents, like fighting in Clark Quay or Geylang in Singapore.

http://singaporeseen.stomp.com.sg/s...-clarke-quay-right-in-front-of-police-vehicle
http://news.asiaone.com/News/Latest+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20120312-332987.html

http://www.straitstimes.com/breakin...y/man-injured-apparent-fight-geylang-20130104
http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/man-found-murdered-geylang-065053140.html

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal

People drink alcohol to lose their minds. That what you called jolly good time after you got drunk especially with group of friends.
Well, drinking tea will keep people sober but if I drink tea, I might as stay at home.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Did the occasional fighting at Clarke Quay affect the ppty values there ?

It gets more dangerous at night. These areas in Singapore have a lot more police patrols and CCTVs to keep things in check, but fights still happen. You cannot expect the same thing in Johor.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
It gets more dangerous at night. These areas in Singapore have a lot more police patrols and CCTVs to keep things in check, but fights still happen. You cannot expect the same thing in Johor.

But did the occasional fights affect the ppty values ? FYI, there is going to be plenty of CCTVs at PH and it's very , very near to Kota Iskandar. The CIQ there would also warrant tighter security, no ?

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
But did the occasional fights affect the ppty values ? FYI, there is going to be plenty of CCTVs at PH and it's very , very near to Kota Iskandar. The CIQ there would also warrant tighter security, no ?

No comments about property value, but just be careful of pubs. Rem there was a death case 1-2 years ago at The Library at Giant/Nusa Bestari.

malpaso

Alfrescian
Loyal
No comments about property value, but just be careful of pubs. Rem there was a death case 1-2 years ago at The Library at Giant/Nusa Bestari.

i like drinking and clubbing. but i don't like staying too close to them. noisy.

Last edited:

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
So far so good. But I do believe that in the long term, PH will see its own team of security guards moving around to deter criminals.

Seven

Hi is anyone here interested in purchasing a unit at PUTERI COVE By Pacific Star Group & DB2 Group.

This is a FREEHOLD Luxury Waterfront Mixed Used Development In Puteri Harbour, Iskandar Malaysia
just across the marina from the Puter Harbour Terminal.

Studios, One, two and three bedroom units are available.

Our showflat will open this weekend.

If you are keen to know more, please PM me.

Thanks

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Seven,

m interested in the SOHO blocks. please PM me

Hi is anyone here interested in purchasing a unit at PUTERI COVE By Pacific Star Group & DB2 Group.

This is a FREEHOLD Luxury Waterfront Mixed Used Development In Puteri Harbour, Iskandar Malaysia

Thanks

PuteriWorld

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard Tower B is gota be launched at about RM 100 psf higher than the first tower?

Thanks

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal
Got this info from lawyer to disseminate:

"Just to summarise some clauses for your attention particularly in regards to the acquisition of property by foreigner in the state of Johor:

i. The RM1,000,000 -00 threshold will come into effect on 1/5/2014 ;
ii. The application fee has been increased to RM1,000-00 ; and
iii. The levy is increased to 2% of the Purchase Price or RM20,000-00, whichever is higher.

Please Note: All SPAs below RM1,000,000-00 which is signed and stamped before 1/5/2014 is exempted from the new guidelines on condition that the application for state consent is submitted to the land registry on or before 29/5/2014"
End

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
peter lim wants to expands his security business into iskandar with sultan's son.

KUALA LUMPUR: Singaporean businessman Peter Lim's Soverus Group and son of the Sultan of Johor, Tunku Abdul Rahman have teamed up to set up a premium security business in Iskandar Malaysia.

Soverus, which is a security solutions company in Singapore, had signed an MoU on Friday to tap into the growing demand in Iskandar for good and reliable private security services, including both armed and unarmed guarding.

"Hence, Soverus will initially focus its attention on Iskandar, which is gearing up to receive an influx of new foreign investors and residents. It plans to eventually expand to other parts of Malaysia through organic growth and acquisitions," it said.

According to the statement, Lim is one of the largest investors in the Iskandar region in the last two years.

Rowsley Ltd, of which the Johor royal family and Lim are both substantial shareholders, is developing a RM10bil integrated mixed-use development on 9.23 ha of prime land in Johor Bahru City Centre.

Both parties are also behind the RM2bil state-of-the-art medical hub, Thomson Iskandar.

Lim's other investments also include the RM3.2bil motorsports city FASTrack Iskandar, the largest of its kind in Southeast Asia.

Soverus's initial business focus was to provide guarding services. Since then, it has expanded to provide security solutions, security consultancy, systems solutions, security systems, security tagging, cyber-security, big-data analytics, IT forensics and private investigations.

Its guarding services were awarded the highest 'A' Grade by the Singapore Police Force from 2012 to 2014. Its clientele includes blue-chip companies and government agencies, the company.

Lim said he and Tunku Abdul Rahman's military background and personal interest in security-related issues, would ensure their partnership's success in Iskandar and eventually, the rest of Malaysia.

"There is a growing demand for security services in the Iskandar region and we are optimistic about the huge business potential there," said Lim, who held key positions during his 19-year career in the Singapore Police Force.

Iskandar covers 2,217 sq km, about three times the size of Singapore, it offers competitively-priced land and ready infrastructure such as power utilities, transportation networks and services, as well as broad based telecommunications.

Last edited:

Seven2014

Hi Dfiris,

Sorry to reply with a new nick but had some technical issues. The PM function seem unavailable to me so have to reply this way.
Perhaps you can contact me at 9062-0162.
Thanks.

Valdez

Alfrescian
Loyal
Lim, who held key positions during his 19-year career in the Singapore Police Force. -- really?????

Mr Paul Lim
Chief Executive Officer
CEO Paul Lim has 19 years of Police experience, including Commanding Singapore’s busiest Police Station for 3 years, achieving the best Station award for all the years he was there.

Paul was also the Commander in charge of planning and executing many major security operations, including the World Bank/IMF 2006, the inaugural F1 night race, visit by President Bush – all of which received accolades from both locals and foreigners.

Paul holds a Masters in Arts (Mathematics) from Cambridge University and Masters in Public Management (Lee Kuan Yew Fellowship) from NUS/Harvard Kennedy School.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Uem Sunrise's Teega has been shortlisted to compete in the 2014 Asia Pacific Property Awards , under the Apartment and Architecture Multiple Residence categories . Congrats to all owners !:smile:

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
Taken some photos at Encorp Marina when I was there last thursday.
It was quite a relax ambience and had a great lunch at Olive for half the price as compared to the alfresco at Keppel Bay.

Did you notice how many storeys is Imperia? 2 months ago was 19 storeys, looks like vacant possession will be delayed > 9 months beyond what UEM told us in 2011 (Q3 2014).

Last edited: