• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the new launch CS1, UEM sales man said it should be start from 950rm/psf. UEM has adjust the price due
to the good response of Teega launch. I visited Teega sales office two weeks again and the non-marina units
leftover is already exceed 800psf after discount. Not likely they will set just 700psf for cs1.

Thanks for the update Jogger! My information was from late last year. You are right. Given the current market sentiments and the Teega response, 950 psf is quite likely.

gooddebt

Alfrescian
Loyal
UCHING: Iskandar Malaysia’s property sector will soon be comparable with that of Klang Valley on the back of the mega government to government (G2G) tie-ups and support by the Singaporean government.

Kenanga Investment Bank Bhd (Kenanga Research) in its research report noted that Iskandar was set to be the next property engine. It highlighted that Johor-based developers had been hosting numerous foreign and local investors.

“We are heartened by the increased traffic on the Second Link highway. This is a big departure from a year ago, when there were very few cars on the road,” it observed.

The support shown by the two governments was also set to boost Johor developments. Among the projects that Temasek Holdings Ltd and Khazanah Nasional Bhd to develop Marina South and Ophir-Rochor in Singapore, Urban Wellness at Medini North and the 85.5 hectare Resort Wellness project joint venture development with E&O Bhd.

“Both governments have agreed to a Johor-Singapore My Rapid Transit and the KL-Singapore High-Speed Rail which is viewed positively by the rest of the world.”

Kenanga Research believed that Johor’s property sector would soon be comparable to Klang Valley. It highlighted that new launches of cluster homes in gated and guarded communities were being priced at RM700,000 to RM850,000 per unit in prime areas with semi-detached and bungalows easily clearing the RM1 million level.

These prices were almost a 40 per cent to 70 per cent increase from 12 to 18 months ago.

“Current pricing is narrowing towards average Klang Valley pricing while in the past, Johor used to command steeper discounts of 25 to 35 per cent over the last six years,” said Kenanga Research.

The research house predicted that prices would eventually exceed Klang Valley as foreign buyers and Johorians earning in Singaporean dollars have greater spending power in the backdrop of the state’s relatively cheaper real estate market.

“We believe that there will be a two-tiered market in Johor: the investors/foreign market and the local market. As of now, the non-Nusajaya market (areas closer to the Johor Bahru city centre) is mostly driven by locals working in Johor while the Nusajaya areas are mostly occupied by foreign buyers who enjoy ‘international lot’ status with no foreign buyers restrictions,” Kenanga Research explained.

As such, the non-Nusajaya areas are largely driven by sustainable organic population, typically owner-occupiers rather than investors.

On the other hand, Kenanga Research believed that Nusajaya would see greater price speculation given the number of foreign buyers who typically see properties as investments.

“This will result in a greater push of capital values as seen with recent launches while we understand high-end launches in the near future could be averaging between RM900 to RM1,200 per square foot.”

The research house expected this trajectory to continue over the next few years since residential yields in those areas had still been commanding six to 13 per cent for properties bought three to five years ago.

Read more: http://www.theborneopost.com/2013/0...to-be-on-par-with-klang-valley/#ixzz2NNtqJTNh

Jogger

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not a Forex expert but given the volume of investment targeted by Malaysia, particularly from Singapore, I would doubt that MYR would appreciate that much anytime soon.

USD has definitely strengthened a bit, but that is due to signs of recovery in housing market as well as recently improving job data. Improving investor confidence in US economic recovery increasing demand of US assets, hence USD.

You are an expert investor. So much information shared with us, very useful. Thanks brother!:smile:

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks again potter! Ya, I will trust you. :smile:

Btw, I found GPS coordinates and the name of a decent seafood restaurant at the Jetty.

Coordinates: * 1°22'44"N * 103°38'5"E
Tanjung Nelayan Seafood

Will try out one of these days and post an update, if I don't get lost and disappear.

Interestingly, this area was site of an air crash in 1977. Sad.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia_Airlines_Flight_653

Hi potter, finally managed to take a trip out there this afternoon. Took a Malaysian friend along, just in case. It is a nice easy, 20 minute drive from the PTP exit. Would have definitely got lost without the GPS. It is a very scenic, natural and laid back place. Looks like they are building a new jetty. The river is very clean and the view flowing into the straits is fantastic. Honestly, I would hate to see the place getting destroyed by developments.

Unfortunately, we found out that the restaurant is closed on Thursdays. Bummer. Need to head back soon, not on a Thursday.

So we went to Yeo's Seafood, near PTP. The food was fantastic as usual.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Traders room rates
http://www.shangri-la.com/johor/traders/reservations/

Deluxe Room
Starting from MYR 320 per night
Premier Room
Starting from MYR 420 per night

Thanks Newbie for the quick update, I did a comparison at the same official website on the rates of Traders KLCC & Puteri Harbour. The rate is priced about 17% lower at Puteri Harbour.

We can expect Somerset Puteri Harbour's rates to be close to Somerset Ampang in KL as the later's location is slightly off KLCC.

Me and my fellow investors of Somerset Puteri Harbour are all very happy with the news and benchmark rates, we are all expecting high single digit returns now based on 60% occupancy rates.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi potter, finally managed to take a trip out there this afternoon. Took a Malaysian friend along, just in case. It is a nice easy, 20 minute drive from the PTP exit. Would have definitely got lost without the GPS. It is a very scenic, natural and laid back place. Looks like they are building a new jetty. The river is very clean and the view flowing into the straits is fantastic. Honestly, I would hate to see the place getting destroyed by developments.

Unfortunately, we found out that the restaurant is closed on Thursdays. Bummer. Need to head back soon, not on a Thursday.

So we went to Yeo's Seafood, near PTP. The food was fantastic as usual.

Hi IR, ordered some foods for you and go along with e scenery.. titter.gif

IMG1156.jpg

IMG1160.jpgIMG1161.jpg

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wahaha..

with 2 drinks + 2 rice, 48.
When return, you can try using the 1st "right turn", then go through the nice kampong, which is heading to side of the 2nd link (nice view).

Noticed the roads are linked/looped, if from the leisure farm main gate(left turn), then turn left @ a T-junction, which heading to jetty.
(Surprise tat u will see kampong rd is much better than e main rd).

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heard that Encorp Tower 2 going for balloting this weekend.

Any bro knows the indicative price for this batch?

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why balloting? I was in Encorp last week and all had been marked sold.
There were no units left.

Encorp Marina Tower 2, units for balloting.
T2-L10-16, C5, 1366sqft
T2-L11-08, B24, 1329 sqft
T2-L16-06, A12, 703sqft
T2-L23-03, A12, 703sqft
T2-L23A-03, A12, 703 sqft
T2-L23A-07, A21, 763 sqft
T2-L23A-08, A22, 749 sqft
T2-L23A-09, A23, 716 sqft
T2-L23A-12, A17, 698 sqft
T2-L23A-13A, C5, 1366sqft
P-L08-01, E1, 2727sqft
JB Encorp Marina avail last 10 units ballot 23/03 Sat 10am. Chq cutoff 22/03 Fri 6pm.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Didn't know that. Maybe due to returned units. Lower level units may have blocked view due to Traders / hello kitty or even Imperia. However, you get a closer look at their pools. :smile: Why don't you get in touch with their HQ office in PJ to check it out?

Encorp Marina Tower 2, units for balloting.
T2-L10-16, C5, 1366sqft
T2-L11-08, B24, 1329 sqft
T2-L16-06, A12, 703sqft
T2-L23-03, A12, 703sqft
T2-L23A-03, A12, 703 sqft
T2-L23A-07, A21, 763 sqft
T2-L23A-08, A22, 749 sqft
T2-L23A-09, A23, 716 sqft
T2-L23A-12, A17, 698 sqft
T2-L23A-13A, C5, 1366sqft
P-L08-01, E1, 2727sqft
JB Encorp Marina avail last 10 units ballot 23/03 Sat 10am. Chq cutoff 22/03 Fri 6pm.

Jogger

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Anyone can advise-In this situation, is it worth to buy a teega unit in towerB, direct west sun, iskandar view, 820psf afterdiscount?

Jogger

Alfrescian
Loyal
Didn't know that. Maybe due to returned units. Lower level units may have blocked view due to Traders / hello kitty or even Imperia. However, you get a closer look at their pools. :smile: Why don't you get in touch with their HQ office in PJ to check it out?

what is the price? Thx!