• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last edited by a moderator:

teega

Alfrescian
Loyal
As much as I hope the airbase/military training place will relocate, I don't think Spore will relocate in the near future. Massive logistic and land issues if they want to relocate. Also, today, Straits Times specifically mentioned that houses build in Tengah will be low rise unlike other areas like Tampines. That gives us a clear indication that no relocation of military base.
On Fri, there was a map shown in Straits Times: Land use plan in 2030. It did not mention anything about military relocation. The "Special use" zone in Tengah is still there.

The only way for relocation is .. BN and PAP need to sit down and talk..

Too Bad. No more tracer from the weapons during night firing.

menghuii

Alfrescian
Loyal
the nearest point btwn M-S is at puteri harbour. anyone can guess why the base is there?

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I heard some powerful raffles could hit targets 2 km away. Any concern of mishap here?

The 5.56 mm round could go more then a klick in theory but whether it could do any real harm is highly debatable at that range given it is vulnerable to windage even before it hits anywhere that far. The only one perharps is the MG but given the direction that they are pointed, very unlikely to ever do any harm.

Given that it has so many things going for it, the CIQ, the ferry terminal in March, various theme parks, based on what we see on paper, we should all be snapping up.

The only thing stopping some of us from buying that area is still the live firing as it still does take place but to be fair the frequency seems to have quietened down somewhat. Some of my friends windows had slight rattle even as far in as HH and nearby houses so it remains a deterrent for me as long as the camp operations are still being carried out.

If they can keep it to a minimum or even move the live firing elsewhere, then many of us will rush in to buy. Until that day comes though, personally it will continue to be no for me.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Guys, thanks for continuing to point out posts which may be misleading.
Seriously i know it may be wishful thinking but though i am not vested in any way in PH,
i hope they consider moving their live firing or at least making it a day time only event and
have the night one done elsewhere.

Last edited:

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
The 5.56 mm round could go more then a klick in theory but whether it could do any real harm is highly debatable at that range given it is vulnerable to windage even before it hits anywhere that far. The only one perharps is the MG but given the direction that they are pointed, very unlikely to ever do any harm.

Given that it has so many things going for it, the CIQ, the ferry terminal in March, various theme parks, based on what we see on paper, we should all be snapping up.

The only thing stopping some of us from buying that area is still the live firing as it still does take place but to be fair the frequency seems to have quietened down somewhat. Some of my friends windows had slight rattle even as far in as HH and nearby houses so it remains a deterrent for me as long as the camp operations are still being carried out.

If they can keep it to a minimum or even move the live firing elsewhere, then many of us will rush in to buy. Until that day comes though, personally it will continue to be no for me.

Bro Wuqi, thanks for clarifying.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys, thanks for continuing to point out posts which may be misleading.
Seriously i know it may be wishful thinking but though i am not vested in any way in PH,
i hope they consider moving their live firing or at least making it a day time only event and
have the night one done elsewhere.

Your wish may not be wishful thinking after all. Some one wrote here before that a thousand pairs of eyes could be watching...wouldn't this render the base less suitable for some of its purposes at least?

In the news, a large tract of land is being reclaimed at Tekong, may be this could be the new home for test firing.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought Somerset (100% snap up), Imperia (100%), Encorp (95% , balance marketed abroad that was in Oct 2012), Teega (80% or more), pine (?%), etc.

Not sure of the actual sale availability of the projects. What is in the news seems close to your figures. Pinetree is 70% sold(according to an agent advert). Developer is a subs of Tiong Nam Group which I do not know much.

Last edited:

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
i doubt anyone here has seen this architectural animation of Traders Hotel at Puteri Harbour. if puteri harbour is going to be like this, shouldnt those vested nearby be glad?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mAgtRcN-Xck

Very good video, most importantly, the photos from my recent trip showed that everything is following very closely to the plans. even the 2 trees at the waterfall. am looking forward to the boulevard retail n F&B in this marina setting.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure of the actual sale availability of the projects. What is in the news seems close to your figures. Pinetree is 70% sold(according to an agent advert). Developer is a subs of Tiong Nam Group which I do not know much.

Dont think its 70% sold. was at the office not too long ago. about 50% sold. i think its worth a look for ppl looking to buy in PH.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Your wish may not be wishful thinking after all. Some one wrote here before that a thousand pairs of eyes could be watching...wouldn't this render the base less suitable for some of its purposes at least?

In the news, a large tract of land is being reclaimed at Tekong, may be this could be the new home for test firing.

The stuff that is carried out there is mostly low tech and low intensity but serves its purpose.
Even if everyone could see some of what was carried out, it matters little as most of it is really more low
level rather then anything else.

I do hope that they move it out and move it out soon.

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought Somerset (100% snap up), Imperia (100%), Encorp (95% , balance marketed abroad that was in Oct 2012), Teega (80% or more), pine (?%), etc.

Teega was 93% taken around 3 weeks back when I was there to sign loan papers, as per the Sales team.

For those interested, here is the link to UEM Newsletter, The Personality, with some good renderings and info on Teega and some more developments:

http://www.uemland.com/about/downloads.htm

suntzu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very helpful like IskandarRocks. Always good to know more about whats going on there.

I must say I enjoy coming to this forum everyday to visit and chat like this. Modern day kampung... but a bit more expensive.