• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

tigerbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi,

why u say there is only one PH ? Wat u find so special abt PH ?

There is ONLY one Puteri Habour....... I buy because there is a CIQ there( very very important factor)...i buy because there is a nice yatch -marina bay and i feel very relax sitting while drinking coffee...I buy because Puteri Habour is the crown jewel of Iskandar ( If Puteri habour fail, i would think whole Iskandar will fail...).. I buy because few hotels going to be there ( Am sure all this hotels chain have done alot of research on it)

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is ONLY one Puteri Habour....... I buy because there is a CIQ there( very very important factor)...i buy because there is a nice yatch -marina bay and i feel very relax sitting while drinking coffee...I buy because Puteri Habour is the crown jewel of Iskandar ( If Puteri habour fail, i would think whole Iskandar will fail...).. I buy because few hotels going to be there ( Am sure all this hotels chain have done alot of research on it)

tigerbear is right. the CIQ and the claim by the govt that PH is/will be the CROWN JEWEL. They will not let the crown jewel fail. They have also built the state and federal offices just next to PH. This says a lot. Plus the roads, the lamps, the landscaping...you don't build all of that to fail, if you know what i mean. A lot of meticulous planning went into it. And the apartments in PH, I was told, do not have any Bumi quota. This tells me that they want to attract a "certain" class of ppl to the area. As to the definition of "certain", I shall leave it to your imagination.

It is also next to the enclave of East Ledang(?) or Ledang something, where all the GCBs are if I am correct. It is the govt's intention to create an exclusive area. it is hard for me to express the gut feel i have in me but i know the plan is for it to succeed because I have seen it all before. I was working in China before and during the crazy boom years. Pudong in SH was nothing more than a Yaohan Department store. it was just tons of empty land, very wide roads and empty expressways that led to farmlands very far away. I was there when the Grand Hyatt opened and I was given a room facing Pudong. At night, there was only darkness.

But look at it today. Pudong has got the most expensive condo in SH. It is the financial hub of China (ex-HK). Who would have guessed? I didn't and I bet you didn't too. I was a young man then. Didn't have the brains, the experience nor the money. Now that I have more brains and experience and a little more money, why not take a punt in PH?

And PH is next to Medini. This Medini is 99 years leasehold. Doesn't it comes across as being weird to you? More land than you can ever use and you sell it leasehold at a lower price? Thats not profit maximization, so there must be a reason for it. We are all rational ppl (assuming the MY govt is rational too). My guess is that they are taking a long term view for the place and selling it leasehold allows for renewal in the future. If I had only a little bit of money to invest and a HUGE risk appetide, I would look at Medini.

And the Educity...... my crystal ball tells me that some of these students will come from wealthy families who may want to reside in PH during their university years. If parents can relocate from SG to JB, so that their kids can go to school conveniently while they commute to SG for work on a daily basis, it is safe to reason that some parents will buy or rent quality apartments for their children. PH is relatively near.

However, having written so much, I must say, THERE ARE RISKS!!! Which is why PH is a fraction of the cheapest condo in SG. If there weren't any risks involved, PH would be much expensive. It's obvious isn't it. All these plans and ideas that the MY govt has conceptualised for Iskandar are still very raw and Malaysians aren't the best executors in the world. And sometimes the govt likes to "wayang" to the gallery if you know what I mean. Tons of things can still go wrong. And the HUGE supply potentially available. But IMO, there is more upside than downside.

For the sg readers who are unfamiliar with the area, get your agent to give you a tour of Iskandar. Mine did. Get a better feel and decide for yourself.

1nottiboy

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is also only 1 Danga Bay! :smile:

OK. Now my answer to why not Danga Bay. And the answer is mainly...... (drum roll)...... timing. Haha... The developers weren't advertising anymore. When I decided to look at Iskandar properties, the 1 or 2 Danga Bay projects had sold so well that they were no longer advertising. I am a quick and decisive man when it comes to investment. And it is because I was screwed before by a developer in SG. (called me at 10am to ask me if i wanted the property. I said yes. When i was driving to him at 11am with the cheque, he told me the price had increased by SGD50K. What a F*^%^$%$ SOB!!! I cursed and swear at the bloody old man. Still hate the cbmf) In fact, after the cooling measures came out, there were very few JB property adverts. So I could only looked at whatever that was being advertised. PH still had things available. I looked. I liked. I bought.

IMO, the bros who bought into Danga Bay area projects... CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your purchase should be in the money now. in percentage terms you would have made a bundle!!! and when it finally TOP, it would go up even more. Peter Lim also bought into Danga Bay. He can make things happen so I suspect it would be a good area to live in too.

But Danga Bay, to me, does not say EXCLUSIVE. I don't think Danga Bay has the prestige of PH. Yes, I am very superficial. Yes, I am very vain. And this emotional need of mine has to be satisfied. If Chanel or LV were to open a store in Iskandar, I suspect it would more likely be in PH than Danga Bay.

Last edited:

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is something which the Singaporeans missed out.

Kota Iskandar which is the Admin center now has about 10,000 staff. It would be increased to 50,000 in a few years time. Today most of the officials from all over who come to Kota Iskandar for meetings have to put up in Puteri Pan Pacific Hotel which is in downtown JB. When Traders is opened, this surrounding area will the center of activity. In fact, PH is fast developing and replacing Medini as the center of development against what is originally planned.

Given a choice, would expats prefer to stay at PH or Medini? HH and East Ledang are good areas but they are more for family residences. High end condos at PH is the way to go. Oh....yes....you have beers at the business hotel in Traders!!

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Me too, when I buy my property ONE KL in KLCC. So that when I tell people its just across Chanel and Cartier, people know.

OK. Now my answer to why not Danga Bay. And the answer is mainly...... (drum roll)...... timing. Haha... The developers weren't advertising anymore. When I decided to look at Iskandar properties, the 1 or 2 Danga Bay projects had sold so well that they were no longer advertising. I am a quick and decisive man when it comes to investment. And it is because I was screwed before by a developer in SG. (called me at 10am to ask me if i wanted the property. I said yes. When i was driving to him at 11am with the cheque, he told me the price had increased by SGD50K. What a F*^%^$%$ SOB!!! I cursed and swear at the bloody old man. Still hate the cbmf) In fact, after the cooling measures came out, there were very few JB property adverts. So I could only looked at whatever that was being advertised. PH still had things available. I looked. I liked. I bought.

IMO, the bros who bought into Danga Bay area projects... CONGRATULATIONS!!! Your purchase should be in the money now. in percentage terms you would have made a bundle!!! and when it finally TOP, it would go up even more. Peter Lim also bought into Danga Bay. He can make things happen so I suspect it would be a good area to live in too.

But Danga Bay, to me, does not say EXCLUSIVE. I don't think Danga Bay has the prestige of PH. Yes, I am very superficial. Yes, I am very vain. And this emotional need of mine has to be satisfied. If Chanel or LV were to open a store in Iskandar, I suspect it would more likely be in PH than Danga Bay.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
2013 Events to watch... other than the election
--------------------------------------------------------
Soft launch of The Wetlands Precinct in Horizon Hills

Launching of Sky View @ Bukit Indah by SP Setia

Launching of Sky Breeze @ Bukit Indah by SP Setia

Malaysia PM Najib and Singapore PM Lee to meet in January 2013. Issues to be discussed are details of the two pieces of land to be jointly developed in line with the settlement under the Points of Agreement, proposed wellness centre in Iskandar and "High Speed Rail (HSR) linking Kuala Lumpur and Singapore"

A new Customs, Immigration, Quarantine and Port Clearance (CIQP) Complex and Ferry Terminal in Puteri Harbour will be operational by end of first quarter. 3 ferry routes have been secured, i.e. Tanjung Balai Karimun, Harborbay Batam and Harbourfront Singapore.

Launching of Sky Estadia @ Setia Tropika by SP Setia

Launching of Emerald Bay @ Puteri Harbour (previously known as Residential North) by Bandar Raya Developments Berhad (BRDB)

Opening of Traders Hotel in Puteri Harbour, the three blocks of four-storey buildings will contain 283 guestrooms

Global Capital and Development (GCD) will be announcing a 3m sqft GFA investment by a Singapore developer in the first phase of Media@Medini development

Global Capital and Development (GCD) we will be finalizing a commercial and residential development by a regional developer. The development will be located between Legoland and Gleneagles Medini Hospital
Completion of Legoland Water Theme Park

Launching of Phase 1 of Singapore-based Ascendas Land International Pte Ltd and UEM Land Berhad's JV Integrated Tech Park in Gerbang Nusajaya

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think it is really tough to figure out whether PH or Danga bay will be better investment. If you look into the planned developments around these places in next 25 years, it is really quite mind boggling. My bet both PH and Danga bay will do fine, in this coming Asia Pacific era where most of Asian countries are elevating to developed country status as European countries have done.
Here is a glimpse of what danga bay has in store and there are much more.
http://www.iskandarwaterfront.com/investment-opportunities-dangabay-project-f2.html

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
PH seems like a upclass peaceful scenic place to stay whereas Danga Bay is likely to have more offices/ shopping malls....

I think it is really tough to figure out whether PH or Danga bay will be better investment. If you look into the planned developments around these places in next 25 years, it is really quite mind boggling. My bet both PH and Danga bay will do fine, in this coming Asia Pacific era where most of Asian countries are elevating to developed country status as European countries have done.
Here is a glimpse of what danga bay has in store and there are much more.
http://www.iskandarwaterfront.com/investment-opportunities-dangabay-project-f2.html

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
My point is not against owners.

I meant do not get screwed by developers.

I saw enough people got screwed even in Singapore.

Buying Reflection in 2008 and yet lost $200,000. That should not happened, but the developer overprice their project and screwed everyone.

One week ago it is the turn of D'Leedon owners got screwed with a 15% on new units.

Sometimes I like to jog around Labrador and along the boardwalk. Each time I passed reflection, I noticed at least one of the low rise blocks seem unoccupied and without lights on when dark. At night, there appeared to be less than 50% of the reflection units lit up. Not sure why the unoccupied units are left empty by the investors.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
PH seems like a upclass peaceful scenic place to stay whereas Danga Bay is likely to have more offices/ shopping malls....

So it is a matter of lifestyle and investment preferences and no right or wrong. Anyway, there would likely be caddy ride to connect these places when they are all up...no missing out on activities, night life in any of these places...also no concern about drink driving...just need to be careful not to end up in the water.:smile:

Last edited:

wolverine23

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buyers of PH hope that it will be the next Sentosa Cove....

Buyers of Danga Bay hope it will be the next Marina Bay/ Sail....

So it is a matter of lifestyle and investment preferences and no right or wrong. Anyway, there would likely be caddy ride to connect these places when they are all up...no missing out on activities, night life in any of these places...also no concern about drink driving...just need to be careful not to end up in the water.:smile:

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
The rich just want to park the money in singapore and take as holiday home.
Sometimes I like to jog around Labrador and along the boardwalk. Each time I passed reflection, I noticed at least one of the low rise blocks seem unoccupied and without lights on when dark. At night, there appeared to be less than 50% of the reflection units lit up. Not sure why the unoccupied units are left empty by the investors.

teega

Alfrescian
Loyal
I stay ard this area and I drive along telok blangah / Henderson rd quite often... I hv the same feeling too. Plenty of investors want to unload but probably bought at sky high prices. If you chk propertyguru and iproperty, tons of reflections units screaming for buyers. With the latest round of cooling measure, those who hv bought there really die pain pain... and it is 99 yr leasehold.