• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

cupcakes

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally gotten a confirmation from Teega. Would like to share some info with all of you:
1. Tower B and Tower C final price is maintained as per indicative price. I will sign S&P this sunday.
2. Tower A open for VVIP and VIP this saturday starting 12pm.

Hi, signing spa on Sunday ? Does the law firm open on Sunday ?

If they do, would like to sign mine on Sunday too.

dad4life

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like only standard chartered providing dibs..I might be wrong, but I processed mine with them. Anyone knows other bank?

SPH07

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys, Need your input a bit. What is a dual key unit? Is that a new trend now or some developer trying to pull a fast one on me?
Advantages and disadvantages please...Many thanks

Hi Funniman,

Saw this from some website

What are the advantages of owning a dual key unit?

1) privacy – stay under the same roof with your parents or family and yet maintain own privacy. Enjoy the convenience of going next door to have dinner or asking for the soy sauce.

2) flexibility to rent out other side – enjoy additional rental income while still staying at home. Either of the split unit can be rented out to supplement income, just like room rental.

3) “2 units” but pay 1 maintenance fee – save on maintenance fee

4) “2 units” but pay 1 property tax – furthermore, if one side is owner occupied, they can even pay 4% owner occupied concessionary property tax.

- the 4% tax is within SG context

5) 1 bank loan for “2 units” – under normal circumstance, it is stretching to obtain loan to 2 properties. With an existing loan, the loan to value ratio is 60% (borrow up to 60% of the property valuation) for subsequent residential property loans, subject to approval provided it does not exceed the recommended debt (total debt) service ratio of 40%. With the dual key concept, 1 can own “2 units” with only 1 bank loan.

- In MY, you have restrictions on your 3rd property loan onwards?

6) ABSD – Not to forget the ABSD – under normal circumstances, buying an additional residential unit may set some of us liable to the ABSD but in the case of buying a dual key concept unit, buying “2″ unit is as good as buying 1. To some of us, this may mean saving the ABSD of 3% or 10%.

- within SG context only

My unit at Somerset also has 2 entrances. I'm guessing Somerset might make 2 studios out of it.
After 10 years leaseback, depending on demand, I may take it back, refurbish for own stay and/or rent out the studio.

Cheers

SPH07

Alfrescian
Loyal
On the flip side,

If the tenant knows that you stay next door, you would not want him/her to knock on your door for 5 cent 10 cents stuff

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks for all your inputs. How am I going to divide the utility bills? Hmmm....

Yes, in MY there's restrictions on the 3rd and more loans. The Banks have this LTV as a cooling measure and we are allowed to have maximum 70% loan and that too is subjected to how liquid you are. You have to provide all your cash deposit receipts as proof.

Banks in Malaysia have this CCRIS system which is sort of cross referencing your exposure / liabilities with other banks, so it is pretty transparent. Even if you delay your car hire purchase or credit card payments, they will know about it too.

Another restriction is banks would take your gross income minus off all your current obligations and then they calculate your loan eligibility. Rule of thumb is the monthly installment shall not exceed 1/3 of your nett monthly income.

On the flip side,

If the tenant knows that you stay next door, you would not want him/her to knock on your door for 5 cent 10 cents stuff

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
1st and 2nd ppty normally above 70%. It can be as high as 90% but subjected to your credit history, financial exposure and ability to service the loan (1/3 of nett income is usually used as a yardstick).

70% max for 3rd ppty onwards. It can even be lower than 70%.

hi Funniman,

is the max 70% loan for the 3rd ppty onwards or for even the 1st one ? Thks.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia to make rail decisions by Q1

The government will decide by the first quarter of next year when the bullet train and the Gemas-Johor Bahru electrified double tracking project (EDTP), with a combined worth of about RM35 billion, will be implemented, sources said.

Malaysia is planning to build a 300km high-speed rail (HSR) line linking Kuala Lumpur and Singapore under a public-private partnership.

The project will cost about RM20 billion to RM25 billion.

The Land Public Transport Commission (SPAD) is conducting a study on the HSR system, which it expects to complete by the end of this month. If feasible, SPAD will call for pre-qualification bids by mid-2013.SPAD chief executive officer Mohd Nur Kamal, when contacted, told Business Times that the study is ongoing.

Its chairman Tan Sri Syed Hamid Syed Jaafar Albar said recently that several states have expressed strong interest for the high-speed rail to pass through their land because of the economic spillover.

Besides Kuala Lumpur and Singapore, Malaysia is also studying the possibility of linking the HSR system to Thailand, Laos, Vietnam and several cities in China.

Business Times reported that Tan Sri Ravindran Menon, who controls Skypark Terminal at the Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport, has teamed up with UEM Group to vie for the HSR project linking Kuala Lumpur and Singapore.

They plan to lay railway lines parallel to the North-South Expressway from Kuala Lumpur, Seremban and Malacca to Johor Baru, before connecting to Singapore.

The standard gauge railway network will beB2used, where the trains would run at 350 km/h.

Commuters using the trains could travel from Kuala Lumpur to Johor Baru in 80 minutes and to Singapore in 90 minutes, compared
to six hours by road, currently.

Transport Minister Datuk Seri Kong Cho Ha recently said several options and alignments are being explored for the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore route.

He said the train could either run non-stop from Kuala Lumpur to Singapore, or start from KL Sentral in Brickfields and have stops at Kuala Lumpur International Airport, Seremban and beyond.

Meanwhile, the Gemas-Johor Baru EDTP will involve around 197km of parallel railway tracks.

Valued at an estimated RM8 billion, it includes building stations, depots, halts, yards and bridges and cover systems such as electrification, signalling and communications.

- Business Times 13 Dec 2012

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most important part is:

"Business Times reported that Tan Sri Ravindran Menon, who controls Skypark Terminal at the Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport, has teamed up with UEM Group to vie for the HSR project linking Kuala Lumpur and Singapore."

UEM Group = Nusajaya!!

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
EDTP has brought enormous benefit to Ipoh and Klang Valley / Seremban via the KTM Kommuter system. Ipoh used to be a sleepy hollow is now full of activities. You can actually take a train from KL to Ipoh to go to Jusco Ipoh for shopping in the morning and be back on the same day, minus all the jams.
Kajang is another immediate area where it is one of the highest property appreciation area in recently. Many people are staying in Seremban yet working in Kl.
I think in years to come, the rural areas would have interesting times.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most important part is:

"Business Times reported that Tan Sri Ravindran Menon, who controls Skypark Terminal at the Sultan Abdul Aziz Shah Airport, has teamed up with UEM Group to vie for the HSR project linking Kuala Lumpur and Singapore."

UEM Group = Nusajaya!!

I like that!!!:biggrin:

wwJd5

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is "Linear Park" that is shown in Teega's plans/model. Not sure if it is part of Teega. It sits in between the land plots of CS2 (where Teega is going to be) & CS3

wwJd5

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is about double the distance from harbourfront to PH (compared to HF to Batam), if the price from HF to PH is 1.5x, which is SGD60, can forget about renting PH properties to expats working in S'pore, unless they drive.

wwJd5

Alfrescian
Loyal
That is "Linear Park" that is shown in Teega's plans/model. Not sure if it is part of Teega. It sits in between the land plots of CS2 (where Teega is going to be) & CS3

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Is it true for points 3&4?

(3) Miantenance fee is based on no. of units (an equivalent to floor area.)
(4) when u lease out the other part of your unit, the whole property will be tax based on 10% unless you do not pay for stamp duty, ie illegal sublet.
Hi Funniman,

Saw this from some website

What are the advantages of owning a dual key unit?

1) privacy – stay under the same roof with your parents or family and yet maintain own privacy. Enjoy the convenience of going next door to have dinner or asking for the soy sauce.

2) flexibility to rent out other side – enjoy additional rental income while still staying at home. Either of the split unit can be rented out to supplement income, just like room rental.

3) “2 units” but pay 1 maintenance fee – save on maintenance fee

4) “2 units” but pay 1 property tax – furthermore, if one side is owner occupied, they can even pay 4% owner occupied concessionary property tax.

- the 4% tax is within SG context

5) 1 bank loan for “2 units” – under normal circumstance, it is stretching to obtain loan to 2 properties. With an existing loan, the loan to value ratio is 60% (borrow up to 60% of the property valuation) for subsequent residential property loans, subject to approval provided it does not exceed the recommended debt (total debt) service ratio of 40%. With the dual key concept, 1 can own “2 units” with only 1 bank loan.

- In MY, you have restrictions on your 3rd property loan onwards?

6) ABSD – Not to forget the ABSD – under normal circumstances, buying an additional residential unit may set some of us liable to the ABSD but in the case of buying a dual key concept unit, buying “2″ unit is as good as buying 1. To some of us, this may mean saving the ABSD of 3% or 10%.

- within SG context only

My unit at Somerset also has 2 entrances. I'm guessing Somerset might make 2 studios out of it.
After 10 years leaseback, depending on demand, I may take it back, refurbish for own stay and/or rent out the studio.

Cheers

JordaneSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems like only standard chartered providing dibs..I might be wrong, but I processed mine with them. Anyone knows other bank?

Got UOB by phone - they do DIBS as well.
Have you heard back from standard chartered - seems like banks have just finalised terms with UEM...

bluestallion

What is the downpayment required if can get 90% loan? 10%?

And when is the payment point? After paying downpayment, the instalment will start when TOP obtained?

Please advise. Need to analyse my cash flow. Thanks!

dad4life

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right.. my banker told me that they just gotten the DIBS approved so now only can start the loan approval process.. while UEM want us to sign the SPA by next week. guess have to sign without the bank approval...