• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
These are the constant factors for property investment growth if only the present government stay in power. That would be good for our investments in Iskandar, otherwise better keep a look out.

JP Morgan: Better for Barisan to stay in power ( The Star 12.12.12)

KUALA LUMPUR: The equities market and economic outlook in 2013 will be positive if the Barisan Nasional continued to remain in power, says investment bank JP Morgan.

JP Morgan Securities (M) Sdn Bhd executive director of equity research Mak Hoy Kit (pic) opines that there would be “some risk” if the Opposition were to take over the Government.

He said the Barisan's Economic Transformation Programme (ETP), government infrastructure programmes and rail-related projects would kick off if the political status quo remains.

“We are now Neutral' on Malaysia because of the general election overhang. Investors will be worried if the Opposition wins. When there is uncertainty, investors typically act negatively,” he said yesterday.

JP Morgan is also positive on the construction sector, and sees this as a domestic growth opportunity with some RM160bil worth of rail projects up for grabs next year.

On the oil and gas sector, with Petronas committing to some RM300bil capital expenditure over the next five years, Mak is expecting to see more contract wins and an increase in earnings of the local oil and gas players.

Mak sees the ETP creating some 452,066 jobs by 2020, per capita income growing to US$15,000 (RM45,000) from US$6,700 (RM20,000) in 2009.

It was recently reported that Eastspring Investments Bhd Chief Investment Officer (Equities) Yvonne Tan Hong Yean cautioned that foreign funds might opt to stay out of Malaysia if there was a change in government.

Is that the UEM roadshow that he mentioned it? There's also another guy who said...best investments are southwards.
Actually what he said is true based on some constant factors eg. politics and economic reasons of Johor / Singapore.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like this part from your post:

"Mak sees the ETP creating some 452,066 jobs by 2020, per capita income growing to US$15,000 (RM45,000) from US$6,700 (RM20,000) in 2009."

Assuming property price per capita income ratio remains the same, the more than double expected per capita income will translate to property prices doubling

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Next thing we need to know is where are the ETPs located. The answers are obvious.

I like this part from your post:

"Mak sees the ETP creating some 452,066 jobs by 2020, per capita income growing to US$15,000 (RM45,000) from US$6,700 (RM20,000) in 2009."

Assuming property price per capita income ratio remains the same, the more than double expected per capita income will translate to property prices doubling

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
UEMland is the the property arm of UEM Group which is controlled by Umno. Indirectly the President of Umno who is the PM of Malaysia is the de facto head of UEMland. Iskandar is also a GLC. However, it is a double edged sword. If elections failed, it is humpty dumpty come tumbling down. That's why JP Morgan says it hinges hugely on the outcome of elections.

Its more of a Najib's effort on the reforms.. not too sure how far UMNO will support him

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
Respectfully disagree. UEM Group is owned by Khazanah which is the GIC/Temasek equivalent. While there is strong link to the ruling party, however, these are two separate entities. Look at the state governments of Penang and Selangor which have their own respective state funds. Did these crash and burn after the opposition gained power?

Why should the opposition kill off the golden goose when they can gain alot of positive points by continuing the investor friendly policies IF they make sense and focus on weeding out corruption. UMNO and BN can crash and burn for all I care.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. UEM is officially owned by Khazanah. I am a world citizen. I don't care who win or lose. I am too old for politics. I only care which direction is the market moving in the coming months.

Respectfully disagree. UEM Group is owned by Khazanah which is the GIC/Temasek equivalent. While there is strong link to the ruling party, however, these are two separate entities. Look at the state governments of Penang and Selangor which have their own respective state funds. Did these crash and burn after the opposition gained power?

Why should the opposition kill off the golden goose when they can gain alot of positive points by continuing the investor friendly policies IF they make sense and focus on weeding out corruption. UMNO and BN can crash and burn for all I care.

Last edited:

teega

Alfrescian
Loyal
In a recent property talk by consultant Gavin Tee:
He predicted that:
4) Iskandar Malaysia would have the 2nd highest property values after Kuala Lumpur by 2016

I heard his talk recently in Spore organised by UEM. With due respect, his talk was rather shallow. More like a 'touch and go' kind of talk. Not enough in-depth. Did any of his prediction came to pass previously? His modus operandi seems similar to the CEO of AZEA(Yang Po)

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys, Need your input a bit. What is a dual key unit? Is that a new trend now or some developer trying to pull a fast one on me?
Advantages and disadvantages please...Many thanks

cybermad6969

Alfrescian
Loyal
dual key in singapore means u have a separate single room studio unit that can be open by a key that is separate from the rest of the condo. another key is for the rest of condo.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have this unit which is about 1500 sq ft and they have 2 entrance doors!! I find it a bit funny...they said it is 2 studios with a door in the middle wall and this is the latest trend. I suspect they did not build to specs in the first place.

dual key in singapore means u have a separate single room studio unit that can be open by a key that is separate from the rest of the condo. another key is for the rest of condo.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is not a bad idea if you do not mind staying next to your tenant. I would not like it. Property tax will be an issue in Singapore. Should one be paying 4% or 10%?
I have this unit which is about 1500 sq ft and they have 2 entrance doors!! I find it a bit funny...they said it is 2 studios with a door in the middle wall and this is the latest trend. I suspect they did not build to specs in the first place.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
It means to say that I buy 1 unit but have the option of getting 2 smaller cojoined units should I choose to subdivide it. Then I can rent out 2 units of studio apartment instead.

the idea is to stay in and rent out the other half but still have your own privacy.

Mingchye

Alfrescian
Loyal
It means to say that I buy 1 unit but have the option of getting 2 smaller cojoined units should I choose to subdivide it. Then I can rent out 2 units of studio apartment instead.

Also suitable for families who want their elderly parents to stay with them. Bigger unit is for the family with kids, and the studio for elderly parents. win-win :smile:

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
i think HDB and IRAS is already looking into this asset class,
cos it is getting alot of discussion.

more explanantions and clearer guidelines will be given.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ferry services from Spore to Nusajaya start from March 2013.

This is the latest official statement as reported by Berita Harian, Singapore on 7/12/2012.
In summary, the CIQ would be ready in a month's time. The ferry would take 40 min connecting PH, Harbourfront and Indonesia. This was announced in to the press by CEO of UEM Land Holdings Berhad, Dato' Wan Abdullah Wan Ibrahim.

So no more speculation on this ferry services. Yeah!!!:smile:
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Khidmat Feri Dari Singapura ke Nusajaya Mulai Mac
07 December 2012 , By Berita Harian Singapore

JOHOR BAHRU, MALAYSIA: MULAI Mac ini, orang ramai boleh menaiki feri untuk ke seberang Tambak, khususnya ke Nusajaya.

Ini kerana Terminal Feri Antarabangsa Pelabuhan Puteri bakal siap dalam sekitar sebulan lagi, sekali gus menjadikannya 'laluan ketiga' - menghubungkan Singapura dengan Malaysia.

Berita Harian difahamkan, khidmat feri ini akan disediakan dari Harbourfront dekat VivoCity dan dijangka mengambil masa sekitar 40 minit ke Nusajaya.

Selain khidmat feri ke Singapura, orang ramai juga boleh menjangkakan menaiki feri terus ke Indonesia dari terminal feri itu.

Ketua Pegawai Eksekutif (CEO) merangkap Pengarah Urusan UEM Land Holdings Berhad, Dato' Wan Abdullah Wan Ibrahim, mendedahkan demikian semasa sidang media di Pelabuhan Puteri, petang semalam.

UEM Land adalah pemaju utama pembangunan bandar Nusajaya, Iskandar Malaysia.

Apabila ditanya Berita Harian berapakah tambang tiket feri yang boleh dijangkakan, Dato' Wan Abdullah berkata adalah terlalu awal untuk memberi perinciannya dan pengendali bagi terminal itu juga baru sahaja dilantik.

"Ia akan dipacu pasaran... tidak terlalu mahal. Jika mahal, tiada siapa yang akan menaikinya," katanya, sambil menambah beliau juga menjangkakan jumlah pengunjung ke Malaysia, khususnya ke Johor, akan meningkat dengan 'laluan ketiga' itu.

Terminal Feri Antarabangsa Pelabuhan Puteri juga dekat dengan Taman Tema Keluarga Pelabuhan Puteri yang dibuka rasmi dalam satu majlis semalam oleh Menteri Besar Johor, Dato' Haji Abdul Ghani Othman.

dad4life

Alfrescian
Loyal
Finally gotten a confirmation from Teega. Would like to share some info with all of you:
1. Tower B and Tower C final price is maintained as per indicative price. I will sign S&P this sunday.
2. Tower A open for VVIP and VIP this saturday starting 12pm.