• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
think the extra levy will turn away foreign buyers towards KL & Iskandar instead

Penang is not really a threat to Iskandar. It is a place more for M2H type and for retirees.

Actually there's a glut of condos in Penang. E & O has been advertising for its ready to occupy condo in Tanjung Bungah with a 10% discount several times. There are few hill top condos also affected by the slow sales. Too many projects approved within the last few years.

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
think the extra levy will turn away foreign buyers towards KL & Iskandar instead

I was at the UEM office at PH last Saturday, met a couple and was advice to purhcase property using company name. In this way, you can sell the property anytime before VP and will not incurred higher levy. On the other hand it also benefit the purchaser who bought from you, the purchaser also don't need to pay higher levy. Is that so? Anyone aware?

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I was at the UEM office at PH last Saturday, met a couple and was advice to purhcase property using company name. In this way, you can sell the property anytime before VP and will not incurred higher levy. On the other hand it also benefit the purchaser who bought from you, the purchaser also don't need to pay higher levy. Is that so? Anyone aware?

You sell the shares of the company that owns the property. You do not sell the property. The normal S&P of the property does not apply here. It is a commercial transaction. But it is a bit complicated as buying or selling of companies by foreigners is subjected to the approval of Malaysia International and Trade Industry (MITI). There are plenty of Government Depts to go through before you can get this done.

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
You sell the shares of the company that owns the property. You do not sell the property. The normal S&P of the property does not apply here. It is a commercial transaction. But it is a bit complicated as buying or selling of companies by foreigners is subjected to the approval of Malaysia International and Trade Industry (MITI). There are plenty of Government Depts to go through before you can get this done.

Thanks Brother, I would expect so..... This couple I met bought 7 units of Teega, 5 units of Almas Suites, I heard they also bought few units in Topez... all using different company names. Amazing!

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
It makes sense to them to set up company if you look at the number of purchases. These singaporeans are rich.
Thanks Brother, I would expect so..... This couple I met bought 7 units of Teega, 5 units of Almas Suites, I heard they also bought few units in Topez... all using different company names. Amazing!

Last edited:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh... they are not Singaporean, wife local, husband is a foreigner.

They might have been hit by the $1mil RM rule and all sorts of property taxes increase next year. Better to have a Malaysian spouse when investing in Malaysia properties.

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Looking around the studio unit at Almas, the studio price is between $400 to $500 thinking... thinking with this price I will have "exit" problem as foreigner ...

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Trying to upload some photos on Teega progress but my files are too big. Can advice what is the best size to upload?

Rocker

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Potter, Gooddebt for the advice. Attached is the Teega project taken on 7 December 2013 Teega-7 Dec 2013.jpg

Attachments

• teega-1.jpg
    teega-1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 222

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
Most ppl who invest in Malaysia usually have at least some connection with the country. Either through the spouse or that they are Singaporean PR.

Seldom you will find pure Singaporeans investing. The language barriers and the fact that Malaysia has bad investment history with Singaporeans is probably some of the issues that Singaporeans fear. LKY comments also doesn't really help. But I think a leopard doesn't change its spots.

So for those investing please do it with open eyes.

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Trying to upload some photos on Teega progress but my files are too big. Can advice what is the best size to upload?

1) If you have FB account, post your photo there first(If you don't want your friends to see your photo on news feed, just create an album which only you yourself can see).

2) Copy the link of the photo in FB(right click on the photo and click 'Copy image address') and post it here using the 'Insert Image' icon.
1471358_10151904564344667_1485010187_n.jpg

3)
- Choose 'From URL'.
- Paste your image address(URL).
- Uncheck the check box of 'Retrieve remote file xxx xxx xxx' and click 'ok' to proceed.
1460115_10151904564114667_1000712659_n.jpg

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Thanks Potter, Gooddebt for the advice. Attached is the Teega project taken on 7 December 2013 View attachment 13383

The way you posted the photo above, readers can't see it unless they log in. Guests without an account here can't see it unless they create an account and log in.
If you follow the method in my post above, all readers can see your photos even if they don't have an account here.
Moreover, you can skip the hassle of resizing your photos.

Last edited: