• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Puteri Harbour Community

sudiptol

Alfrescian
Loyal
No the side that's closest to traders nothing much has been done on the other side . Am near the top too neighbors maybe?

streams

Alfrescian
Loyal
Targetting VP in March 2014. My 2nd flr unit has received architectural clearance for plumbing & electrical works. Moving on to finishes soon. But will be another 2 months after March for the ID, and some trial runs. So expect 3rd quarter 2014

Mine is a 4th Floor unit and I have only received structural clearance a month ago. patiently waiting to see a finished product soon.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
No the side that's closest to traders nothing much has been done on the other side . Am near the top too neighbors maybe?

Found this picture in one of Encorp's web. Is this what it looked like?

marina1.jpg

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, neighbour. You are at T1 high floor marina facing too. You are referring to carpark and clubhouse portion. Funniman, it will really take till end Dec 2014 before we pay the next 15%. Have changed quite a bit of MYR when rate was good recently and left in FD too. We have gone across the causeway with almost six digit of cash and deposit into the cash deposit machine. It is amazing that my spouse and I actually did it. It is really scary.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi, neighbour. You are at T1 high floor marina facing too. You are referring to carpark and clubhouse portion. Funniman, it will really take till end Dec 2014 before we pay the next 15%. Have changed quite a bit of MYR when rate was good recently and left in FD too. We have gone across the causeway with almost six digit of cash and deposit into the cash deposit machine. It is amazing that my spouse and I actually did it. It is really scary.

Yes, I have 1 year to save..yeah!!

Wow...not easy to deposit in cash such big amount but it is ok being in the neighbouring country. Can you imagine if it is in London?
Best promotion FD rate is now Standard Chartered Bank at 3.5%.

DCputeri

Alfrescian
Loyal
It took us a while to deposit stack after stack of Rm100 into the machine not far from the security guard in a short gun. Any standard chartered in jb city square area? What is the minimum amount for the FD?

Wow...not easy to deposit in cash such big amount but it is ok being in the neighbouring country. Can you imagine if it is in London?

Last edited:

btravelling

Alfrescian
Loyal

I am using HSBC and have multiple currency accounts in both Singapore and Malaysia. It has been easy to wire transfer right from the HSBC banking web site for what seems like unlimited funds (80,000 in a day) from Singapore to Malaysia keeping the money in a Sing account until you feel the time is right to convert into the MYR account. I then have the bulk in a 6 month term at 2.9% and a monthly term at 2.75 containing the amount of my first payment. Easy convenient safe. I am a preferred customer so my transfers are free but I believe for a minimal fee anyone can make the same kind of wire transfers right from the banking web site.

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am using HSBC and have multiple currency accounts in both Singapore and Malaysia. It has been easy to wire transfer right from the HSBC banking web site for what seems like unlimited funds (80,000 in a day) from Singapore to Malaysia keeping the money in a Sing account until you feel the time is right to convert into the MYR account. I then have the bulk in a 6 month term at 2.9% and a monthly term at 2.75 containing the amount of my first payment. Easy convenient safe. I am a preferred customer so my transfers are free but I believe for a minimal fee anyone can make the same kind of wire transfers right from the banking web site.

I agree. Am using this method all along. Its even easier than citibank

Dfiris

Alfrescian
Loyal
Cooling down: Rehda expects housing demand in Johor to hold for now, but says it may soften in the next 12 to 18 months when several projects are completed. - FILE PHOTO
JOHOR is planning to impose a 2 per cent levy on foreign buyers across all segments of the property market and the secondary market in the southern Malaysian state from May.
The rate is lower than the 4 per cent to 5 per cent mooted earlier, but will still amount to more than twice the current RM10,000 (S$3,895) fee foreigners pay to buy properties in the state. Since foreigners are required to purchase units valued at RM1 million and above, the RM10,000 fee was at most a one per cent levy.
The levy comes on top of the Malaysian government's recent measures to cool the property market
However, the RM1 million threshold applies only to new applications, not to projects already approved, said the chairman of the Johor branch of the Real Estate and Housing Developers' Association (Rehda), Koh Moo Hing.

Funniman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree. Am using this method all along. Its even easier than citibank

HSBC is a great bank yet is a pain in the back type and I really hate the internet banking thingy. But its premier customer service is always ready to do things on your behalf. For wire transfers, they had a new money transfer application page which will detail every minute details on your source of money and reason to transfer. And their FD rate is one of the lowest in the market. But I will still say they are one of the best bank around.

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal
However, the RM1 million threshold applies only to new applications, not to projects already approved, said the chairman of the Johor branch of the Real Estate and Housing Developers' Association (Rehda), Koh Moo Hing.

Does this mean so long as you buy properties that have been launched before effective date of threshold it is still OK? In that case not so jia lat right? Still got time for many people and no need to go into panic buying. But maybe should act fast also as it means those close to current threshold might see faster price rise as more people try to grab good buys below RM1 million?

Legolad

Alfrescian
Loyal
Does this mean so long as you buy properties that have been launched before effective date of threshold it is still OK? In that case not so jia lat right? Still got time for many people and no need to go into panic buying. But maybe should act fast also as it means those close to current threshold might see faster price rise as more people try to grab good buys below RM1 million?

If you call up agents to view the Msia properties, they will likely screen you first and advise you against considering properties below RM1 m, if you have not already made a decision by now. They said the State consent will take quite long for foreigners and will not make it before the 1 May 2014 deadline. Also, be careful of properties which are jacked up above RM1 m, because the State consent is based on the State's valuation, not the sale price.

Just a feedback to share from my experience last week.

Polaris

Alfrescian
Loyal
If you call up agents to view the Msia properties, they will likely screen you first and advise you against considering properties below RM1 m, if you have not already made a decision by now. They said the State consent will take quite long for foreigners and will not make it before the 1 May 2014 deadline. Also, be careful of properties which are jacked up above RM1 m, because the State consent is based on the State's valuation, not the sale price.

Just a feedback to share from my experience last week.

Is it State consent deadline 1 May 2014 official ?
Typically how long will it take for State consent approval ?

Frodo

Alfrescian
Loyal

With the new changes I think it is no more the usual 3 months if you start applying for it now. They probably have a huge backlog of state consent applications.

Polaris

Alfrescian
Loyal
With the new changes I think it is no more the usual 3 months if you start applying for it now. They probably have a huge backlog of state consent applications.

i signed the SPA 2 weeks ago. Hopefully the lawyer/developer do a fast job.

kopikong99

Alfrescian
Loyal

To what I understand is the State consent takes around 3 months. But I have one that takes more than 5 months.

Those who wants to get it approved as quick as 3 months use "runners" and it cost some money but I have no idea how much for this.