• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Punggol BE Pundits stumped, PAP launches rescue boat

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are right bro, a political booby trap and not worth touching it now.

I reckon WP is careful with AIMgate because the explanations issued by THP revealed little and insinuates a lot. It's probably a political booby trap trying to make too much of a meal of it when the PAP is very economical with the facts and truth behind?

I note with interest that AIMgate exchange with the PAP was hogged on by bloggers and netizens. Every political party is silent including WP. The usually inquisitive SDP is also reticent.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
This would be par for the course in any elections anywhere else. Even RJ said nothing. Something tells me it is not going to happen. Palmergate I understand as it will like the kettle and the pot scenario but Aimgate is a legitimate issue despite the threat issued to AA.
Probably because this is by election, and no point reminding punggol east voters that if opposition wins their ward, there may be other AIM like traps causing problems to the town management.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
I reckon WP is careful with AIMgate because the explanations issued by THP revealed little and insinuates a lot. It's probably a political booby trap trying to make too much of a meal of it when the PAP is very economical with the facts and truth behind?

I note with interest that AIMgate exchange with the PAP was hogged on by bloggers and netizens. Every political party is silent including WP. The usually inquisitive SDP is also reticent.

That's why the elections were held early. If the AIMgate issue had been argued out in parliament, the facts established by now, the WP would have been able to whack the PAP over the issue without having to worry about saying something factually inaccurate and getting sued over it.

It's hard to communicate complex stories over an election rally. Only KJ ever tries to do that. Election rallies are for stories which are done and dusted.

Thick Face Black Heart

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Previously it was unthinkable that WP would win given the 4CF. I am now going to call something which will shake PAP to the core if it happens - WP might win Punggol East by an ABSOLUTE majority.

Appreciate your insight of what will happen if this occurs.

WP can win with absolute majority (50% + 1 vote) only if DL+KJ combined poll less than 1%. KJ is going to be the spoiler for this election. He is going to pull a few English-speaking voters who think he is better at policy making than WP. If WP loses, blame will be on KJ for spoiling the fight.

6000kmApart

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why the elections were held early. If the AIMgate issue had been argued out in parliament, the facts established by now, the WP would have been able to whack the PAP over the issue without having to worry about saying something factually inaccurate and getting sued over it.

It's hard to communicate complex stories over an election rally. Only KJ ever tries to do that. Election rallies are for stories which are done and dusted.

Spot on. SL withdrew motion of TC/AIM issue after LHL launched an investigation (to take about a month or two). To harp too much on it exposes you to unnecessary and unwarranted retort by PAP in line with what AA was served - a thread to sue

chilakak

Alfrescian
Loyal
Spot on. SL withdrew motion of TC/AIM issue after LHL launched an investigation (to take about a month or two). To harp too much on it exposes you to unnecessary and unwarranted retort by PAP in line with what AA was served - a thread to sue

You are all wrong! SL is speaking precisely about AIM right now at the rally.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Sadly SL didn't reveal anything we don't know already. Too bad, was hoping for some juicy new details that they can whack the PAP with.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If there is any new details, it will be done in the last rally or a press release late Thursday.
I'm not really expecting anything new though. We'll see.

commoner

Alfrescian
Loyal
WP rally wed
Pap RP thursday,,,

PAP will probably refute AiM last day,,,,

Cooling day, thursday rally on shitty times, PAP has the last word,, no rebuttal from WP unless WP answers in their facebook before 12 midnite,,,

interesting

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sadly SL didn't reveal anything we don't know already. Too bad, was hoping for some juicy new details that they can whack the PAP with.

They can't say very much about this since there's a pending parliament session about this. If the elections had taken place after the parliament session over the AIM session, a lot of juicy details can be dug up and used to whack the PAP. As it is, you can only repeat what everybody already knows.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think people are hoping that they will use the words that are just wanting to be used.. words like "conflict of interest" and "corruption", words that the Worker's Party members cannot say because they are potentially defamatory, but more importantly premature with the pending investigation. This will definitely not happen.

New details can still be revealed though, especially if they are particularly damaging. Still, it's probably too much to hope for.

billisnotathome

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think people are hoping that they will use the words that are just wanting to be used.. words like "conflict of interest" and "corruption", words that the Worker's Party members cannot say because they are potentially defamatory, but more importantly premature with the pending investigation. This will definitely not happen.

New details can still be revealed though, especially if they are particularly damaging. Still, it's probably too much to hope for.

The most damning and incriminating details are already out in the open. Thought SL did a good job putting across how utterly fucked and crooked this deal was, without actually outright accusing the PAP of corruption. Wondering why LTK didn't translate his Mandarin segment about "opposition unity" into his English speech though.

wwabbit

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The most damning and incriminating details are already out in the open. Thought SL did a good job putting across how utterly fucked and crooked this deal was, without actually outright accusing the PAP of corruption. Wondering why LTK didn't translate his Mandarin segment about "opposition unity" into his English speech though.

Just a continuation of his policy to avoid speaking about the other opposition parties. Since the WP has been directly accused of causing opposition disunity, he felt he need to answer, so he just kept it short and in Mandarin then moved on to more important things.

billisnotathome

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just a continuation of his policy to avoid speaking about the other opposition parties. Since the WP has been directly accused of causing opposition disunity, he felt he need to answer, so he just kept it short and in Mandarin then moved on to more important things.

Shame though. Thought it was a reasoned and rational response to all the hysteria swirling about and deserved a wider airing.

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
We all knowledge WP will bring up the issue, but nothing new has been reviewed in the rally, besides aren't we right by saying they will not say too much?

WRONG.

What do you mean by say too much?? Nothing is too much if you're speaking about the facts and its impact on town council management.

metalmickey

Alfrescian
Loyal

He can't really say that it's "corruption" because he'll get whacked if he said that AIM thing was illegal. Thing is, you can't sell the thing off to PAP people. But you can sell it off to ex-PAP people. As for saying that it's "conflict of interest", he will have to be very careful about that for the same reason, although there's more grounds for saying that.

As for how "all the damaging details are already out", a lot of what we know is done by internet sleuthing. Which means they have to be careful about what is accepted official version of events, (which is done by asking questions in parliament) versus what is merely "stuff that everybody knows".

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I think AIM is a PAP owned company, i.e. PAP is the main, or only shareholder.

He can't really say that it's "corruption" because he'll get whacked if he said that AIM thing was illegal. Thing is, you can't sell the thing off to PAP people. But you can sell it off to ex-PAP people. As for saying that it's "conflict of interest", he will have to be very careful about that for the same reason, although there's more grounds for saying that.

As for how "all the damaging details are already out", a lot of what we know is done by internet sleuthing. Which means they have to be careful about what is accepted official version of events, (which is done by asking questions in parliament) versus what is merely "stuff that everybody knows".

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
LHL is not concern if this ward goes to WP. He has no desire to see the Young Turks strengthening. This is the Young Turks' by-election. The candidate is their choice, not his. Thus, the lukewarm support for the candidate.