• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

PRs should pay more COE for cars

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
They don't act on it because there is nothing to act on. This whole "problem" is only a construct of your twisted mind.

Regardless, even one foreigner driving an SG registered car is one car too many here, they must pay more for using the precious resource to keep in line with the principle of the VEP.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
The OP's intention is to highlight and offer solutions to the ever increasing car population. Giving more 'dough' to the government will do nothing for it, neither will your xenophobic-political hogwash.

My point was never xenophobic, they are welcome to be Singapore citizens any day to enjoy the benefits.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
My point was never xenophobic, they are welcome to be Singapore citizens any day to enjoy the benefits.

Ok, i think 'racist' is the more appropriate description but let me get this straight to be sure: You are basically saying that only citizens should be allowed to drive a car in Singapore?

Last edited:

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Foreigners and PRs can drive,,but they have to pay more for the COE. maybe a 50K extra..that will bring down the price of COEs for locals,,,

Ok, i think 'racist' is the more appropriate description but let me get this straight to be sure: You are basically saying that only citizens should be allowed to drive a car in Singapore?

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
The OP's intention is to highlight and offer solutions to the ever increasing car population. Giving more 'dough' to the government will do nothing for it, neither will your xenophobic-political hogwash.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal

Citizenship has it's benefits and with Singapore's open door policy to immigration what's there to stop anyone being a citizen.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foreigners and PRs can drive,,but they have to pay more for the COE. maybe a 50K extra..that will bring down the price of COEs for locals,,,

And how will that improve the situation at the checkpoints and roads in SG ? Not at all...objective failed!

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
And how will that improve the situation at the checkpoints and roads in SG ? Not at all...objective failed!

At best, less foreigners will buy SG registered cars, at worst the extra money collected from the premium COEs will fund road widening projects. Objective achieved.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
At best, less foreigners will buy SG registered cars, at worst the extra money collected from the premium COEs will fund road widening projects. Objective achieved.

I can't follow your logic. If COE's for locals will get cheaper more locals will buy cars and widening roads is certainly no solution. How much wider can they get in crowded SG anyway...plus, funding has never been an issue here. Are you actually living in Singapore??

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That's not racism ...it is nationalism. Is nationalism the goal of every country?

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So you want to fix (or equalise) things by increasing the rates for them? That's stupid and evil. To be right, the locals should demand for lower prices to match the rates paid by foreigners. Foreigners already have to pay more for housing and education, two basic things that should be the equal rights to ALL human beings.

Cheers!

Foreigners inflate the cost of housing, raise the price of CEO ...the extra they pay for education is pittance. We have too many foreigners here ...shedding 2 million of them will benefit the country.

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foreigners inflate the cost of housing, raise the price of CEO ...the extra they pay for education is pittance. We have too many foreigners here ...shedding 2 million of them will benefit the country.

I have yet to see something that actually puts a number to your claim of inflation by caused foreigners. Preferably something that is based on sound statistics.

You know sentiment and fact are 2 different things right?

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Foreigners don't have a right to come to sinkapore. You want to see xenophobia, go back to Germany; that's where your Neo-Nazi countrymen beat up immigrants.

What's wrong with the government raking in more from foreigners?

I am sickened by foreigners who think they are entitled to be treated by gods in sinkapore.

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can't follow your logic. If COE's for locals will get cheaper more locals will buy cars and widening roads is certainly no solution. How much wider can they get in crowded SG anyway...plus, funding has never been an issue here. Are you actually living in Singapore??

When did I ever say cheaper for citizens? Just more expensive for foreigners. Speaking of which, have you seen the upsizing of the PIE? Good job!

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
Foreigners don't have a right to come to sinkapore. You want to see xenophobia, go back to Germany; that's where your Neo-Nazi countrymen beat up immigrants.

What's wrong with the government raking in more from foreigners?

I am sickened by foreigners who think they are entitled to be treated by gods in sinkapore.

This is not a competition between countries. If you have problems with SG's immigration policy take it up with your government and leave me out of it. According to them i have every right to be here, like it or not. I demand nothing more and nothing less.

The neo-nazis are a minority in Germany, same as you and your fellow xenophobics are a minority in SG.

Last edited:

xebay11

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have yet to see something that actually puts a number to your claim of inflation by caused foreigners. Preferably something that is based on sound statistics.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out that an increase in population fuelled by foreigners would increase the prices of houses and cars, the statistics for the increase in the number of foreigners here have been posted ad nauseam, don't ask for stupid facts.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You expect a government that wants to increase foreigner population by more than a million to publish data that hurt their policy? This isn't a democracy, if you are not aware of it. You only get statistics that the government wants you to see.

It is not perception ....it is correlation. Property prices didn't just go up out of the blue. Rental rates for properties didn't just go up because sinkees decided that they choose to rent. Population of cars in sinkapore rose with the influx of foreigners. Only a fool will ignore the conclusions from the correlation.

Last edited: