• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Property Market Continues To Chiong In 2021! The Sky's The Limit! Buy Normanton Park!

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
home sales in sillycon valley are also hot, especially for single family homes (bungalows, gcbs, cottages, mansions). a tiny 3 bedroom 1 bath home of less than 1.69k sqf is asking for $1.69m and selling at $2m. no contingency, as-is, and buyer fixes everything.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Only 1/3 sold. Despite so many visitors. Its a typical weekend where families with nowhere to go visit showroom before heading for lunch.

The 1/3 sold is to meet the banks' requirement that 30% of the units are sold at a certain baseline price to ensure profitability of the project. Once 30% of the units have been sold, the developers usually will release the next batch of units and up the price by 5% at least. This kingsford developer did this for their previous projects.

Huatable

Alfrescian
Loyal

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
As usual, the property tycoons understand the kiasu sinkie psyche and got their cronies in the media help drum up the interest. CIPB should investigate what transpired for these 'journalists' to print such biased drivel.
A unit at good discount to a distant family member, maybe?

Its a good design this Normanton Park with tall stacks and public access to highest floors. It will come useful when interest rates shoot up to 15% and the owners need an escape.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Did oppies miss the recent property boat because they keep thinking that PAP is robbing them blind?

1623113784861.png

How hot is the Singapore property market in 2021?
JUNE 07, 2021

You might have seen the various headlines of how hot the Singapore property market is.

The weird confluence of factors like a pandemic, construction delays, and the realisation that a bigger home is necessary in the new normal of WFH (work from home) has sharply pushed up property prices in the resale market.

How hot is the Singapore property market in 2021?
JUNE 07, 2021

1623113826137.png

This happened to one of my close friends as we have been shopping around for a while to find a new home for her family.

When the market suddenly heats up, a bidding war can happen even for properties that’s been on the market for awhile.

They had viewed it thrice within a span of four weeks and were hesitant on committing due to it being a 2nd floor unit, which usually isn’t highly sought after by most buyers.

Unfortunately, the weekend when they decided they were ready to put in an offer, was also the week where a statement was published on Straits Times indicating that the government was going to step in (to cool the market) if it became too frothy.

This message spurred property buyers to take action quickly to avoid the uncertainty and possibility of further restrictions and the market roared to life that weekend.

Our verbal offer was accepted pending deposit transfer in the afternoon but due to the surge in interest,a competitive bid came in that afternoon and closed at a much higher price than what was originally agreed.

My friends were overwhelmed with emotions and sought to write to CEA for justice, to no avail, and ended up buying a much larger unit than what they originally budgeted for as there were no other suitable units within their original budget.

Case #2: Sellers who finally recovered from negative sales after many years

1623113845443.png

My close buddy from OCS was hoping to get minimal losses for his Sembawang HDB 5-room flat which was 20 years old on a low floor and facing the multi-storey carpark.

The prospect of a CPF negative sale has been plaguing him for the past few years.

It was no easy sale as the market price then was $395 - $400K and his unit was in almost original condition.

His breakeven price to avoid negative sales was $425K.

Thankfully – knowing that the Sept 2019 HDB enhanced stimulus was making its way into people’s pockets, and my ground sensing of a rising bullish market, we priced it more than 10per cent above the market price and waited for the tide to bring in the right buyer at our preferred price.

A study of the neighbourhood prices gave us confidence that this would ultimately happen and we were right.

After two months, we got a record price of $430K for it, and exceeded his expectations with a CPF positive sale.

In my 15 years of experience in the Singapore property market, for this to happen was quite a reversal. Such old HDB flats are usually lowballed and are hardly sought after.

To me, this was the clear indicator that the HDB resale market was really on the uptrend and had finally reversed its sliding prices.

Case #3: Physically there but virtually viewing​

20210607_livestream_stacked.jpg
PHOTO: Stackedhomes
While coping with the max of eight pax limit per day during Phase 3 – our viewings were limited by having only one person enter the home to view.

Of course, it is best if both husband and wife was allowed to view the home at the same time.

But with limited viewing slots available and so many competing buyers – this was the new normal that all of us have to accept.

https://www.asiaone.com/money/prope...condominiums-and-hdb-flats-prices-spike-again
Hence, we could only send the wife in with a phone.

And standing at the entrance of the property, the hubby and I would scrutinise the property from our mobile screen, directing the wife to point at specific usual pain points to check for leakages, cracks and usual home maintenance issues.

Another family was at the lift lobby – doing the same thing.

It made for quite an interesting home viewing experience – which I am sure was repeated at many other sellers’ units around the island as well.

Conclusion​

The last time I saw this much exuberance in the property market was back in 2012-2013 period.

I remembered seeing Cash-Over-Valuation (COV) htting as high as 6-figures. It was insane to see people willing to fork out that much cash – that was above and beyond the actual valuation.

In fact, it got so bad that the minister back then in 2014 made changes on the HDB resale process. Almost overnight, COV data were no longer published and available on the HDB website.

Now almost seven years later, we are seeing another similar peak forming as demand is now higher than supply.

https://www.asiaone.com/money/how-hot-singapore-property-market-2021

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
When the bubble going to burst ?

What bubble? The demand for Singapore property is currently made up of locals mostly. The bubble may come once the covid travel restrictions have been lifted and foreign talent and tourists can visit Singapore again.

Huatable

Alfrescian
Loyal
Kingsford was forced to rectify the defects in their other projects at their own costs.
The complaints didn't end . More money was spent to pacify URA. Why do you think Hillview Peak, Waterbay and Normanton all under the same M&E?

Lawrence Chong (1 Reviews ) https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-condo-reviews/kingsford-waterbay-22069

Reviewed on August 7, 2020 0 helpful votes

Lots Of Defect Popping Up After 1yr TOP​

Defects in residents house and common area surfacing after 1yr from TOP and develop only provide 1yr warranty.water heater was dated manufactured 2016 and leaking now

Mrs Wu (2 Reviews ) https://www.propertyguru.com.sg/singapore-condo-reviews/kingsford-hillview-peak-21366

Major Regret​

When i bought it, i was under the delusion that since it's Kingsford's very 1st project in Singapore, they'd want to do an excellent job to secure their reputation for future projects. Sadly i made a gamble and i lost big time. I sold my unit at a major loss and I know of another owner who did so too. If the development really has that great a potential, why would we bite the bullet and take such a shot to our wallets? Fact is, the developer could not hand over the units on time because they failed their BCA inspection and I've heard from industry sources that to rectify the major or bulk of it, it would take time and money which the developer is unlikely to want to spend. Other than the fact that the units have high ceilings and are bright and airy, there is nothing else positive to say about this condo. The workmanship and facilities are really poor. I'm still upset that the greedy and highly irresponsible developer has cheated us of our hard-earned money.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the bubble going to burst ?

there is no bubble anywhere when all the central banks keeps printing paper money and exporting this paper money to buy real assets like properties in other countries,
all of us are fucked if we dont grab some assets with our ever shrinking value of our hard earned money,
buy gold, houses and farmland to protect your money, forgot to add....buy in other countries

Last edited:

worcer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I believe property prices will continue to shoot up...

Even though most of the newer condos will be super low quality...

Because its a market rigged from the start by both govt and developer...

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
At between S$1.4k and S$1.6k psf for a 99-year leasehold property and in the OCR region, it is definitely very much overpriced. The bloody Chink developer must be laughing all the way to the bank.

There is no such thing as "overpriced". The price is determined by the point at which demand and supply meet. I learned that eons ago but it still holds true.

Leongsam

High Order Twit / Low SES subject
Admin
Asset
I believe property prices will continue to shoot up...

Even though most of the newer condos will be super low quality...

Because its a market rigged from the start by both govt and developer...

How does that work?

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Residents still complaining. The costs went to pacify the pockets of the people in BCA.

Only a few complain queens are still complaining. Vast majority of the residents are happy with the rectifications. Kingsford condos have mostly been profitable investments in the resale condo market.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Private property market continues to break new highs. How many of you losers followed my advice to buy property for 2021? To those of you who huat huat, you're welcome.

1631622074674.png

SINGAPORE - Demand for resale non-landed private homes remained robust in August, with prices climbing and more units changing hands despite the Hungry Ghost Festival when sales typically slow down.

Condominium resale prices climbed 0.5 per cent month on month, albeit at a slower pace than the revised 0.9 per cent jump in July, according to flash figures from real estate portal SRX on Tuesday (Sept 14).

Year on year, resale prices were up 7.9 per cent from August 2020.

Month-on-month, homes in the suburbs enjoyed the biggest price increase of 0.9 per cent.

Prices in central Singapore went up by 0.3 per cent while homes in the city fringes saw prices dip 0.2 per cent.

More condo units were sold for the second straight month, with an estimated 1,860 units resold in August, a 4.9 per cent increase from the 1,773 units in June.

Transactions were 40.5 per cent higher than in August last year, and 79.5 per cent above the five-year average volume for the month of August.

Most of the transactions were units in the suburbs, representing 60.4 per cent of total volume for the month.

About 23 per cent of transactions were in the city fringes, with the remaining 16.5 per cent in the prime districts or core central region.

Ms Christine Sun, senior vice-president of research and analytics at real estate firm OrangeTee & Tie, said sales remain buoyant in August as demand is outstripping supply in the suburban region.

"Many upgraders, especially those who have sold their flats recently, turned to the secondary market to find replacement homes," she said.

Demand for larger living space has also picked up as more are working from home, so some are going for larger units in the resale markets as these are more affordable then new units, she added.

ERA Singapore head of research and consultancy Nicholas Mak noted that the strong demand and rising prices of Housing Board resale flats and the multiple delays plaguing Build-To-Order (BTO) flats likely also contributed to the healthy demand in the private resale market which provided more certainty.

Huttons Asia chief executive Mark Yip made similar observations, noting that buyers who cashed out of their HDB flats likely upgraded to a more affordable option in the private resale market.

The highest transacted price for a resale condo unit last month was $21.4 million at Eden Residences Capitol, a 99-year leasehold condo in Stamford Road.

The unit is a 6,609 sq ft penthouse unit with five bedrooms, with the flexibility to convert a room to a study.

Property price rises, construction delays could last for rest of year, survey finds
In the city fringes, the highest transacted price was $8.2 million for a 99-year leasehold unit at Reflections at Keppel Bay in HarbourFront.

In suburban areas, a seven-bedroom penthouse in the 99-year leasehold condo A Treasure Trove in Punggol sold for $3.7 million.

Barring new cooling measures and further Covid-19 curbs, OrangeTee's Ms Sun expects demand for resale private homes to continue to rise in the coming months.

"Based on the SRX resale price index, prices have increased 6.4 per cent year-to-date. Resale prices may increase by more than 8 per cent this year," said Ms Sun.

https://www.straitstimes.com/busine...prices-up-05-in-august-as-volume-rises-49-srx