• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property Investment in Australia

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is more to do with the banks closing their loanbooks to domestic property loans.
Aussie banks are re-diversifying their loans to SME again.
It does not help that the banks has to borrow from overseas to lend out.

That will slow the flow of liquidity to the inflated asset classes the world over.
Asset classes includes property.

wow. talk like some big shot financial expert. cannot even find job in sg and need to run rd. why huh?

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unless you heavily geared your properties and that reduces your service capability. Banks want to see your cashflow hard cash not equities as it take times to dispose if your are in the red with them. Try get investors to pump cash money. How much cash do you need?

Long story dude, I remembered I had a friend who advised me to keep some private money offshore.. I failed to listen.. after a small quarrel, my wifey hide her funds. I am running poor cashflow now due to my wifey sudden pull out. Bo bian, she's a PAP supporter, you know what I mean.

Hey, you know my address, you've parked your car before, go check it out. I spent only 2 months to complete the skeleton, aesthetic finishes took 3mths. I avoided a builder chicken and go direct into tradie chicks.. Currently, have 2 disputes - one managed to take me to court, now I am seeking decision to set aside :wink: The other let me makan his $6k - serve him right ! I warned him not to play punk coz we did not have a contract. He continued to forward exorbitant bills. Finally, I pulled the trigger)

I have to stop work due to short of funding. If you invest in my chicken product, I'll offer you 10% for 6mths. Action speaks louder, see my product on site, you'll know ;-)

Yo, my melbourne chicken grew from 2009 to 2010 for 26.6% The Age news reported. Now you know why we can't do the Singapore way.. Patience is the key.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
The price war between woolies and coles may have something to do with it.

Do you know why they (Woolies and Coles) are having war now and not the past ?

Bcoz Costco is here !.. Each month or so, I visit them I'll buy more than $350...

Other days, I will visit Box Hill (Chinese Grocer) cheap vegi and fresh chickens..

For fresh seafoods, I go down to Springvale..

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unless you heavily geared your properties and that reduces your service capability. Banks want to see your cashflow hard cash not equities as it take times to dispose if your are in the red with them. Try get investors to pump cash money. How much cash do you need?

You are right dude. Cashflow is important. After this severe blow, I am going to re-calibrate myself.. to improve on cashflow instead of focusing solely on Capital Gain. I will take a break for few years.. wait.. observe.. and research.. and go into the market if the price is right. I hope to play with 'fire' another 1-2 rounds before I retire just like you :wink:

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is more to do with the banks closing their loanbooks to domestic property loans.
Aussie banks are re-diversifying their loans to SME again.
It does not help that the banks has to borrow from overseas to lend out.

Moreover, I am sure the US Fed Reserve need to raise interest rates later this year to drown out US inflation. The first indication is the lower unemployment bullshit they are telling the world.

That will slow the flow of liquidity to the inflated asset classes the world over.
Asset classes includes property.

Oh I WISH the Fed would raise but we still dont think they will in 2011 or even in 2012 - because 1) The Fed focuses on core inflation (non food and energy) and 2) Housing Market in US is headed for a double dip

The moment the Fed raises I'll be popping the champagne cause then well get back to some semblance of "normal" whatever that is these days.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cautious buyers hold off beachfront market

KIM MACDONALD, The West Australian April 11, 2011, 2:05 am

<!-- -->
The West Australian ©

About half the apartments in some of WA's best waterfront developments are vacant after failing to find buyers in a flat luxury market.
There was initial excitement about the apartments, which were among the first on the beach, but years after sales began many are without an owner.
Only half of the 50 apartments at Stockland's luxury Islands development at South Beach had sold, according to the company's last ASX announcement on December 31, more than three years after sales started.
There are 26 apartments for sale in Cape Bouvard's Ce Vue complex on the Scarborough beachfront - with the penthouse's price reduced $500,000 to $2.45 million - out of a total 78 apartments.
The riverfront One Brighton complex in Mandurah has settled only 12 of the 50 apartments since coming on the market in December.
Estate agent Adam Bassett-Scarfe, of Bassett-Scarfe Realty, said there were strong inquiry levels, but cautious buyers were taking their time to decide.
Port Bouvard, which last year made headlines by dropping prices on some of its Oceanique apartments near Mandurah by 40 per cent, has yet to find buyers for more than one-third of the 66 apartments after commencing sales in 2006.
Chief executive John Wroth said that while last year's 40 per cent discount had ended, the remaining vacant homes were being offered at 20 to 30 per cent below the initial listing prices.
Mr Wroth said it was unfortunate that the luxury market had flattened since the raft of coastal complexes were completed. He said they were all quality developments that would have sold quickly were it not for the global financial crisis.
The Leighton Beach apartments sold out in a weekend when they came on the market in December 2007, but more than one-quarter of them were put up for sale before settlement four months ago. Several owners are still looking for buyers.
Annie Lim bought a top floor apartment in Scarborough's Ce Vue complex with her son Edward more than two years ago, and put it back on the market for $949,000 three months ago.
The pair were disappointed they could not make a decent profit on the apartment, bought during a stronger market, but were confident they would soon find a buyer.

Last edited:

facadegeniality

Alfrescian
Loyal
I'm thinking of investing in property.

Gonna make the relocation next year and save up for a deposit! It's gonna be a tough one 'cause im a recent grad.

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh I WISH the Fed would raise but we still dont think they will in 2011 or even in 2012 - because 1) The Fed focuses on core inflation (non food and energy) and 2) Housing Market in US is headed for a double dip

The moment the Fed raises I'll be popping the champagne cause then well get back to some semblance of "normal" whatever that is these days.

There are so many-many times, you've indicated your pessimistic views about Oz.. again and again the statistic in Australia has proven you wrong.. now, you simply "hope" the worst will happen so that you can pop your champagne ? hahaha !

I am not surprise a lot of you are 'hopeful'... at the meantime, I shall enjoy the champagne now and wait for your 'hope' to arrive.. LOL !

Aussie Prick

Alfrescian
Loyal
There are so many-many times, you've indicated your pessimistic views about Oz.. again and again the statistic in Australia has proven you wrong.. now, you simply "hope" the worst will happen so that you can pop your champagne ? hahaha !

I am not surprise a lot of you are 'hopeful'... at the meantime, I shall enjoy the champagne now and wait for your 'hope' to arrive.. LOL !

?????????
I told you Aussie Property would fall in 08' -and it did, or did you forgot how much money you lost in Brisbane? We notice you still are very silent over your losses there.

Even now in 2011 Austrialian property prices are "under pressure" - I'll leave you to decipher that for yourself, there is much information on the Australian Property market and its bubble status.

My "pessimissim" over Oz is the high cost of living in relation to living expenses in the 1990s. This places a burden on SG migrants. It seems you have forgotten this.

I have also stated that Australian property prices are overvalued - a nett effect of prescriptive planning and lack of supply in Australia (which would translate into housing cost stress for the average migrant)

But dont worry, Mr Brothel owner, I really dont think Australia property prices are ever going to be cheap, or low, or affordable. So don't fret, you can expect prices to continue to be very high there. It'll give you something to do while staring at the ceiling fan while you feel good about your exorbitant property prices.

As for the US raising interest rates this would be GOOD NEWS for the worldwide economy if in fact the nation with the reserve currency can show some economic impetus we need to end these high oil prices lest we all suffer another economic recession via inflationary pressures..............

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I have already sent my warnings about Perth in my past posts. When I sold my property investment holdings, things were starting to fall off the cliff. Luckily, I got my money back.

For Perth properties, you really need to be in the right locations to make money now.

We can forget about Income - Property price co-relation. It stopped making sense ever since the low interest rates in USA distort housing prices.

Now that the credit rating agency threatened USA's credit rating in order to retain its credibility, we may see real actions by Americans other than Helicopter Benanke Inflationary policies. Australia is in the wrong side of the housing prices equation.

WE IN PERTH ARE DOING A SOFT LANDING, but there are a lot of stupid R/E agents out there still in pre-GFC mood waiting for the "commodity boom"

If the WA premier continues to support the Western Suburbs lobby for greed and keep the economy distorted by feeding the resources sector, the 2-speed WA economy will bring more hardship for him, a mining boom with a recession in all remaining sectors in WA. As a economist, I would thought that he will do something, but no - he is bringing back the bad days of WA, INC.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are 2 big lies in this world feeding Australia > USA and China.

USA is still not waking up from its nightmare.

China is using psychology to lie to its citizens, but Aussie govt believe the lies.

If you want to know when AUD will fall, follow China's economy.

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
So when you think China economy going to fail?

There are 2 big lies in this world feeding Australia > USA and China.

USA is still not waking up from its nightmare.

China is using psychology to lie to its citizens, but Aussie govt believe the lies.

If you want to know when AUD will fall, follow China's economy.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That is a 1.3 billion RMB question.

I just look at the public evidence, such as

1. negative real savings interest rate

2. actions not taken by the govt - real action to address hyperinflation is not there, non-performing loans, etc

3. actions taken by the govt - bank reserve rate, arrest of dissident, etc

there is no real change in its export strategy. the task of addressing new people coming into the job market. how much political will is there to reform the h-distortion in the economy, esp with the widening rich-poor gap.

I am feeling like an uneasy mouse before an earthquake :biggrin:
Something big will erupt later either this year - according to respected fortune tellers :wink:

Last edited:

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
copied this from leongsam.

Dole Bludgers

Reporter: Tim Noonan

First, the boardshort bludger that simply refuses to work. Alarmingly, one in six Australians are now living off the dole paid by you, the taxpayer.Tim Noonan spent one week with the self-confessed surfing bum who has no complaints about the system that supports him.

"I am working; I'm working on me tan! A bad day at the beach beats a good day at work, that's what I always say. Everyday is the ultimate holiday, you know, you can make it like that for yourself" says Justin.

"They don't see it as fraud. They don't see it as illegal. They see it as a privilege" says Ken Gamble. "The system is failing when someone is deliberately bludging on our country" says Senator John Williams.

"It used to be the John Howard surf team and now it's the Kevin Rudd surf team" adds Justin. It's a team funded by taxpayers. Riding the welfare wave at Byron Bay, while the rest of us pay their way.

Surfer, Justin Sheridan, is an expert at beating the system. He knows Centrelink backwards and how to scam it and us. Living an endless summer, he refuses to give up. At 36, years of subsidised surfing has made it difficult for Justin to ever adjust to full-time work.

"I've tried the 9-5 thing, behind the desk and it isn't me. I'm no dummy. I did the HSC; I went to a Catholic school. I used to go to church and sing, I was an alter boy. I just find that this out here, surfing and living that lifestyle… it's hard to steer away from."

"I thought live now, surf now and then later on clean a caravan park, take on a job that it's mundane and no one really wants to do it and be happy with the fact that you've had a great youth."

Centrelink abuse costs Australian taxpayers billions of dollars every year. If anyone knows how to catch a cheat, it's private investigator, Ken Gamble. Years undercover as a Centrelink surveillance agent, he's caught hundreds of people ripping off the system. "We had a team of surveillance people that were going out we were observing specific people that complaints had been made about and we were profiling those people's activities and we were finding fraud in just about every case that was referred to us" says Ken.

Ten years ago, the federal government introduced a job seeker diary to make the unemployed accountable. The diaries require people to record at least eight job applications and interviews a fortnight. If they don't, they could have their payments reduced or stopped altogether. Of course what most people do is they go out and they put the applications in and they just lie on the forms" says Ken. But it's a system full of loopholes.

"We need to put the spotlight on these people and say to them, here is a job, you take it, if you don't there's going to be no more dole." National party senator, John Williams, has had enough. "We have a situation in Australia now where we are forcing businesses to import their labour. They are bringing in workers from overseas because many Australians refuse to go to work" adds John Williams.

If he has his way, the boardshort bludger won't be around much longer. "I don't care if it's sweeping the streets, cleaning the rubbish off the side of the road, cleaning the drains out, they must do something before the tax payers or the government gives them a cheque each week" says John Williams.

Justin has worked for the dole twice before to avoid having his payments cut."I used to want to go in to work and do all my work in a hurry and then get the hell out of there." But the lure of the beach was just too strong. "When you're struggling to get work all the time and you find that you want to go and surf your days away, basically, I just found that it was better not to worry about looking for the work so much and going surfing, doing what I love to do."

"Centrelink is there to care for the genuine Australians who need a hand. Now whether they be aged pensioners, disability pensioners or the genuine unemployed that is Centrelink's job, but not to encourage people to bludge their way through life" says John Williams.

"No one likes to see someone on a total free ride and I wouldn't say that I'm doing it on a total free ride either. I'd have to say I just find it difficult to get jobs and keep them" says Justin. "I wouldn't say I feel guilty, I think it's more like, I feel saddened that people would look at like, that I'm a bludger, because I don't call it bludging. It's a lifestyle choice that mightn't be for everyone but I'm sure if everyone had a little taste of it, they'd want it."

We ask the question "Is Justin living the dream, or ripping us off?"- let's us know your thoughts: [email protected]

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There are always 2 sides to this DOLE story.

Why are prices going up all over the world? Economists call it INFLATION. It is to finance the rich.

Why is ECB in trouble? They blame on the easy targets, the poor and the govt welfare spending. No wonder the Greeks want to eat the rich.

The RICH control 80% of the world resources - why?

Conclusion: Always see both sides of the coin. The smart rich rip the system to their advantage, the smart poor rip the system to their advantage too.

redback-graphix-if-the-unemployed-are-dole-bludger.jpg

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
?????????
I told you Aussie Property would fall in 08' -and it did, or did you forgot how much money you lost in Brisbane? We notice you still are very silent over your losses there.

It'll give you something to do while staring at the ceiling fan while you feel good about your exorbitant property prices.

Haha, indeed I am losing money.. In 2-4 weeks time, I shall be a registered owner of 3 chicken factories.. I wonder what would I be, should I remain to be in SG? I probably be eating chickens complaining the exorbitant prices just like you :-)

I sincerely wish you luck.. and hope your pessimistic views will come true one day. Good luck !

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
If SG, where migrants came from the 3rd class category (from China) provided 45yrs of growth.. What's ya opinion - the best of the best in China ? I like to give China another 20-30yrs of growth.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If SG, where migrants came from the 3rd class category (from China) provided 45yrs of growth.. What's ya opinion - the best of the best in China ? I like to give China another 20-30yrs of growth.

I forgot to add a point in my earlier post. China will not fail suddenly, but it will hit a long delayed bump.

I am concerned about the demographic of China as well. In 10 years time, the inadequacy of the provision for retirement will be obvious.

Also, reading a report, China has just passed the Japan peak (which it did in year 1972) but without the development levels of Japan in 1972.

Also, another report humorously states that it is no good for country to have too many males who cannot find wives :biggrin: China one-child policy and male lineage returns to haunt its policymaker.

A lot of things are illustrations. Maybe I have limited exposure to China, but when people see China's grand designs, I see white elephants - imported ideas.

When people see bullet trains, I see wrong priority in development. These trains are expensive toys of the cadres. They have narrow seats, to keep the fare down. And cheap trains removed from service so the poor have to take these trains.

I see nice buildings - centrally planned and hapzardly built to accommodate the bosses' impractical ideas. Yes, on closer inspections, these buildings are shoddy built. The way China used to control a huge population will limit China's growth. Remember that this is different from the Tang Dynasty. These days, it is easier to copy others ideas - from academics to scientists.

SIFU

Alfrescian
Loyal
migrant losers dumbfarks talking as if they are experts about property investments:biggrin: wow experts in aussie, china siah.

if these migrant losers dumbfarks so good, then why cannot even survive in the country they are born in. lol. :biggrin: now need to become 3rd class citizens elsewhere and come to internet act as expert and pretend to be successful. :eek:

Last edited: