• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Property around Farrer Park Mrt station. Worth buying?

MBSSLOTS

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
a friend ask me if the property around there is worth buying. Me no idea. All i know is that a lot of ah neh congregate there. Any advice?

avelc

Alfrescian
Loyal
I like the Heng Hwa cze char stall at Perumal Road. No-frills and less crowded than the more famed one at Maude Road (off Jalan Besar road).

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
a friend ask me if the property around there is worth buying. Me no idea. All i know is that a lot of ah neh congregate there. Any advice?

So many Ah Nehs drinking toddy every night under the HDB blocks..

Even the condos at Farrer Park didn't escape the invasion of the Ah Nehs..

Got one condo just facing the old Farrer park field.. On weekends the field would be crowded with drunk Ah Nehs having picnic there.. The Ah Nehs would even sit on the pavement outside the condo..

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
That area is right at the fringe of little india, and because of proximity to city centre, the poor folks are gradually being squeezed out. Petain road brothel is also going to move out eventually.

There is a huge medical hub building in the area with medical tourists in mind, called connexion. A web of MRT stations coming up in that area, and going by history, rentals will be pushed up to drive away low end businesses.

I will not be surprised that by 2030, that area will be more upmarket then it is now, like how Bugis area has changed. But this will be many more years to go.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course its worth it. Its so close to town and with a booming economy and growing population, you can't go wrong. Just buy n sell in 10 years and earn your windfall.

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Further inside, owen and cambridge side are good investments, now apartment selling around 1.2 to 1.3 mil, flats 1.3k sqf selling around $600k, I like the place, its quiet, but you need a car.......

I'm looking at the area too, not a bad place actually.

Last edited:

MBSSLOTS

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Further inside, owen and cambridge side are good investments, now apartment selling around 1.2 to 1.3 mil, flats 1.3k sqf selling around $600k, I like the place, its quiet, but you need a car.......

I'm looking at the area too, not a bad place actually.
i still thinknthe ah neh problem will screw the property prices

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
i still thinknthe ah neh problem will screw the property prices

Screen Shot 2013-03-06 at 1.37.20 AM.jpg

I'm talking about this area, confirm + chop no ah nehs, very tranquil

MBSSLOTS

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
what about the one beside open field..i see a few blocks there. I thin my friend was referring to those blks 11' 12' 13' etc...

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
what about the one beside open field..i see a few blocks there. I thin my friend was referring to those blks 11' 12' 13' etc...

Those are all HDB flats facing the Farrer Park field..

Same story also.. During the nights you can see few group of Ah Nehs drinking under the blocks.. But don't get mistaken.. Some of them are also Local Kelings..

When drunk they would even sleep at the playground there..

MBSSLOTS

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Those are all HDB flats facing the Farrer Park field..

Same story also.. During the nights you can see few group of Ah Nehs drinking under the blocks.. But don't get mistaken.. Some of them are also Local Kelings..

When drunk they would even sleep at the playground there..

keling no need work ah?

hotbot

Alfrescian
Loyal
probably one fine day, when you go coffeeshop around farrer park, the coffee uncle is going to converse with you in tamil...:biggrin::biggrin: