• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Propaganda of LKY's 2 Musical Productions.

soikee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Before we get brainwashed by old fart's musical productions, here are some real truths we ought to know about the old fart.

Copy and paste from TR Emeritus:

Truth or nothing:

February 8, 2014 at 12:05 am Truth or nothing (Quote)

I do not wish LKY to go yet for academic reasons.

I am an avid reader of Malaya’s past during WW2 especially in Spencer Chapman’s The Jungle Is Neutral. I believe LKY was in the forefront of the happenings in Singapore during the period although nothing in our history books has indicated his involvement.

I speculate that momentous happenings in Singapore then and possibly related to him may not appear in the historical records because these would possibly be inconvenient truths in politics. As a shrewd politician and survivor, he would have covered his tracks well.

Hopefully, though, now in his twilight years and more or less removed from today’s politics, he himself might volunteer to own up and reveal the real hard truths about what he might have done in the distant past. Otherwise, an invaluable opportunity to throw new light on the nation’s history might be forever lost upon his death.

First, LKY claimed he narrowly escaped death in a Sook Ching operation when no-nonsense Jap soldiers allowed themselves to accept his laughable reason so that he was excused from going up the lorry in which many Chinese Singaporeans were then herded into and killed in desolate beaches. Am I the only person who thinks he was blatantly lying to us here about his past?

I am inclined to think he was a key staff member of the Kempeitai himself and might have had put many of his own countrymen in harm’s way then. After all, it has been circulated on Wikipedia that he collaborated with the Japanese by tapping British communications for the Japanese Intelligence. If so, could he have a direct role in Lim Bo Seng’s eventual capture and torture to death by Japanese interrogators? Which other Force 136 patriots might he have betrayed?

Second, he fled to the Cameron Highlands when it became increasingly clear that the Japanese were losing the war. He claimed to have precariously evaded Japanese security operations in so doing. On the contrary, I believe he had enjoyed ease of movement precisely because he was with the Japanese intelligence.

We know that bands of anti-Japanese resistance fighters were on the rampage immediately after the Japanese surrender and before the return of the British Navy to Singapore to restore civic order. During this chaotic period, Chinese guerillas went from house to house to ferret out former Japanese collaborators and sympathizers and summarily executing them on the spot. I think LKY being a man of great foresight and shrewdness had made the first move to flee hence outwitting the Chinese guerillas before they got to him.

By uncovering the hard truths, we would also, if nothing else, contribute to the true history of the world. I hope serious historians from our universities should interview LKY and other relevant people before losing this valuable window of opportunity. This will enable future generations to appreciate the truths about our past and not be deceived by the contemporary propagandas of their times.

Rating: +34 (from 34 votes)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quanxi:

February 8, 2014 at 4:39 am Quanxi (Quote)

LKY once said in the 70's he will not allow personal glorification in Spore .

Look what we have now - LKY SCHOOL, LKY this and that. Pappies are full of hypocrisy and cannot be trusted .

Musical if presented truthfully must include:

1) Leefamilies purchased with deep discounts of high end condo Nassim Jade n Scot 28.

2) Nathan n LKY working as “translators” in Kempetai Japanese Army in WW 2 and their role in the killings of resistant fighters — eg how Lim Bo Seng our WW 2 hero was captured n tortured to death.

3) ISA True Archives — the Nazi style torture of detainees.

4) LKY ancestors from Semanrang engaging in opium import into S'pore.

5) LKY true parentage as there were strong rumors that his biological father is Dutch.

6) Devan Nair role in helping LKY in the early 60's and subsequently banished out of S'pore as ex-President, crying at the Johore beach facing spore, hoping to come back to spore one day.

7) Judiciary / Law Society – the lost pillars of S'pore justice system from the 70's onwards and the systematic destruction by one man we call LKY.

It will be simply wayang show if musical is trying to distort the real history of S'pore. More appropriate that this is sponsored by Leefamilies as they are now very wealthy.

Rating: +23 (from 23 votes)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2016:

February 8, 2014 at 9:05 am 2016 (Quote)

Alvin Tan! What have you been smoking?

“his personal struggles, his vulnerabilities, his losses and victories, and how he sees the world.”

STRUGGLES?

He does not know the meaning of struggles. He does not have to worry about finding a job and paying his bills, and putting food on the table, to be in a country that has written you off at the ripe old age of 40, only to be replaced by cheaper under-trained FTs.

VULNERABILITIES?

He has no known vulnerabilities, just like his son, he is fireproof, if he cannot solve it, you will not see the sun for the next 27 years.

LOSSES?

Losses, he has never lost, if he looses, you will be made a bankrupt.

VICTORIES?

He has made sure he always wins, in one way or another, or he will spend an eternity finding ways to “fix” you.

SEE THE WORLD?

There is only on vision, his vision. if you go ‘against the flow’ you will be a marked man, and soon find yourself on his “to fix” list.

He has had his day, fixing, ruining, destroying, defaming, dismantling, dissolving, imprisoning, accusing, fabricating and corrupting – the time has come for him to return to dust, and to dust he will return – DEATH, IS THE ULTIMATE EQUALIZER old man, and soon you will be NOTHING but dust!

Rating: +14 (from 14 votes)

pc2009

Alfrescian
Loyal
I suspect they are going to make 'LKY' sing My Way. Anyway, plp have no shame, but are prospering from it.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
While at a lobby with tv screens, I noticed that CNA has already started airing a documentary about pre/post independence Singapore, getting kicked out of Malaysia, racial riots etc. There was even a segment where Lionel De Souza was interviewed. :rolleyes:

Clearly, LKY isn't going to last much longer, and the various media outlets (including those two theatre companies) were given the memo to produce something to shore up his legacy.

liketogossip

Alfrescian
Loyal
Clearly, LKY isn't going to last much longer, and the various media outlets (including those two theatre companies) were given the memo to produce something to shore up his legacy.

haven't they been singing praises of him since there are tvs?

Dinkum

Alfrescian
Loyal
haven't they been singing praises of him since there are tvs?

Producing the two musicals by phor-lum-phar Dick Lee & co is only a prelude.

Hearsay next, Changi airport will be called Lee Kuan Yew International Airport.

Bras Basah/Orchard/Tanglin/Napier/Holland Roads will be renamed Lee Kuan Yew Boulevard.

New National stadium will be named Lee Kuan Yew Stadium.

Sir Stamford Raffles' statue will be replaced by Lee Kuan Yew's statue with inscription in 24 carat gold - FATHER OF SINGAPORE.

Mandai crematorium will be renamed Lee Kuan Yew Columbarium.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Hearsay next, Changi airport will be called Lee Kuan Yew International Airport.

Bras Basah/Orchard/Tanglin/Napier/Holland Roads will be renamed Lee Kuan Yew Boulevard.

New National stadium will be named Lee Kuan Yew Stadium.

Sir Stamford Raffles' statue will be replaced by Lee Kuan Yew's statue with inscription in 24 carat gold - FATHER OF SINGAPORE.

Mandai crematorium will be renamed Lee Kuan Yew Columbarium.

And the worst of all: say goodbye to Encik Yusof Ishak and say hello to the new Singapore dollar notes with you-know-who's face printed on them.

puke.gif

Asterix

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Dis Dick Lee made fun of Old Fart's son, now he is writing musical on Old Fart's life? Wow, famiLEE must have made an offer he cannot refuse. :rolleyes:

[video=youtube;RixZCC2jy0w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RixZCC2jy0w[/video]

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I will always this associate this song with Dick Lee. It was on the trailer for a local music variety show which featured him.

[video=youtube;ToIC7SmVbOQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToIC7SmVbOQ[/video]

escher

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Musik to be sang in the fucking toilet build on top of smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY rotting corpse

The only place to bury that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY is below.
Maybe a multi storey public toilets to cope with the demand of people who want to shit on top of LKY

Public-toilet-sign-in-Bei-009.jpg

20080225-public%20toilet%20perrochon.jpg

7830541.jpg

20071010119200281322880800.jpg

Bury that bastard LKY under a public toilet or in sewerage treatment plant.
Sinkies shit on him or flowing around him will purify that bastard LKY
The stink of our shit will smell a lot better than that smear of shit on sole of shoe LKY.