• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Professor Tey says kangaroo court was politically motivated

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the elites, wealthy and espcially those in the legal professions that worked for PAP can get away from it.

1. More likely some forms of negotiation behind the chamber and soon will find this chap exodus from Singapore, scratch your back and I scratch mine.

2. Or some form of intimidations make jiak leow bee MP pee in his pant and lan lan surrender. For old fart I dint think he will give up and probably use ISA.

Bwahahaha. At least this one tried a new trick - conspiracy theory on top of divide and rule (elite vs peasant). This will take care of your point 1 and first sentence of point 2. You're learning fast from your Jedi Master, Scroobal, but Yoda is here.

As for the ISA part, even Old Fart knows that it will not work today. He was counting on trial by media and it worked ... ... ... to a limited extent.

Repost from another thread:

Sub-judice, you heard that phrase before. Pinky’s Goons have selective memory. The reasons are clear. Trial by media is a weapon to be used by the LEEgime as when they feel like it. When you need to FIX somebody, throw these nice rules out the window. In Sinkieland, these rules are for show only. Even the judge doesn’t read them. Which judge dares to orders Shit Times or MediaCock what not to publish?

[video=youtube;s9LpK2CDOjg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s9LpK2CDOjg[/video]

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
You tried to distract people with the notion that Professor was somehow "lucky" when compared to other dissenters. What I am saying is that he was treated worse than CSJ and Ryan Goh. In Scroobal-speak, you need to try harder at playing role of resident village idiot.

Who's the idiot here??? No matter how much hardship or persecution that Teh gone through, it pales to what CSJ has undergone. In any case, I may disagree with some of CSJ's 'excesses' but I respect the man. For the playboy Prof, I got nothing but contempt. If my daughter was involved, I would have beaten him up!!

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
inside coffeeahsoh's panties. :o

Wow and that Stupid Judge Tan Siong Thye said in his judgement that the student was poor! Why didn't the even more Stupid Judge Woo Bibik scold the lower court judge for getting his facts wrong? Even Merl Haggard knows the truth. Instead Bibik Woo "decided" to show outdated thinking like that Fatso Teng of CPIB - "it's not possible for a girl to make gifts to a man"!

This low class Tey fellow must have known about Darinne Ko's background and it was her money that he was after.

She's the niece of the late Datuk Ko Teck Siang who was the younger brother of the late Ko Teck Kin, rubber magnate & founder chairman of Chung Khiaw Bank who in 60's was one of the wealthiest in SEA.

I like it, when all else fails, issue a veiled threat! Banzai, lessons learnt well from the Kempeitei! Beware the Court of Public Opinion, in a democracy, even a flawed one like Sinkieland, it is more powerful than any kangaroo.

if you're referring to the rubber tycoon ko whose family lived in a bukit timah mansion, i know who you're talking about. if distant niece ko has a tailbone jutting out of her arse, it's confirmed that she has the family dna. not many folks know that except for members of the immediate ko family and the family doctor. :eek:

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Who's the idiot here??? No matter how much hardship or persecution that Teh gone through, it pales to what CSJ has undergone. In any case, I may disagree with some of CSJ's 'excesses' but I respect the man. For the playboy Prof, I got nothing but contempt. If my daughter was involved, I would have beaten him up!!

You are the idiot here. Playing on emotions again. Please lah, I know you're PAP IB from day ONE.

Did CSJ go to jail for how many months is it for a crime he did not commit? Besides such comparisons are not necessary and that my dear is the point. You just proved that you are a village IDIOT. Consolation is - like watchman8 and company you're earning double pay for working on weekends.

Playboy? What a loaded word! It has also been said that LHY is a playboy what? By this logic, he should be jailed too!

Your daughter? Playing the emotion card again. I bet she is as ugly and petty minded as you. So nobody is interested.

Beat them up? If you do that you should be jailed for taking the law into your own hands and for failing to understand that your farking promiscuous daughter CONSENTED to it in the first place. Too bad that there is no law to charge you under for failing to bring up your daughter properly. You should also be subject to scorn and ridicule for not keeping up with the times. Pre-marital sex is the in thing to do these days.

Last edited:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
You are the idiot here. Playing on emotions again. Please lah, I know you're PAP IB from day ONE.

Did CSJ go to jail for how many months is it for a crime he did not commit? Besides such comparisons are not necessary and that my dear is the point. You just proved that you are a village IDIOT. Consolation is - like watchman8 and company you're earning double pay for working on weekends.

Playboy? What a loaded word! It has also been said that LHY is a playboy what? By this logic, he should be jailed too!

Your daughter? Playing the emotion card again. I bet she is as ugly and petty minded as you. So nobody is interested.

Beat them up? If you do that you should be jailed for taking the law into your own hands and for failing to understand that your farking promiscuous daughter CONSENTED to it in the first place. Too bad that there is no law to charge you under for failing to bring up your daughter properly. You should also be subject to scorn and ridicule for not keeping up with the times. Pre-marital sex is the in thing to do these days.

I don't need to respond to u. The more u talk, the more u hang yourself. Enough said!!

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
......he also spoke strongly against Singapore’s judiciary and prosecutorial regime, saying he had “no confidence” in them............
Previous commentary speculated Tey could have been prosecuted in part because of a book he wrote criticising Singapore’s judiciary.
...Tey wrote about numerous defamation suits the ruling People’s Action Party had levelled against its critics in order to silence them.
...... that Singapore’s judiciary has “internalised the supreme political ideology, resulting in excessive deference to the executive determination of public interests, and the watering down of both criminal and civil-political rights”.........

I wonder what the faculty members and students of Yale-NUS, the first liberal arts college in Singapore think of this.

For....2012-13 ...In December, in their first vote as a collegial body, the Yale-NUS faculty unanimously approved the following Core Statement on Freedom of Expression: "We are firmly committed to the free expression of ideas in all forms-a central tenet of liberal arts education. There are no questions that cannot be asked, no answers that cannot be discussed and debated. This principle is a cornerstone of our institution..........
The debate culminated In spring 2012, the Yale College faculty passed a resolution that stated, "We urge Yale-NUS to respect, protect and further principles of non-discrimination for all, including sexual minorities and migrant workers; and to uphold civil liberty and political freedom on campus and in the broader society.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yale-NUS

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I agree with you that attitudes towards sex are more liberal these days, but still it is unprofessional for a teacher to sleep with his student, or a doctor to sleep with his patient, or a lawyer with his client. Some lines shouldn't be crossed in one's profession.

Prof Tey was unprofessional, but perhaps he wasn't corrupt as the news media had portrayed him to be.

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I agree with you that attitudes towards sex are more liberal these days, but still it is unprofessional for a teacher to sleep with his student, or a doctor to sleep with his patient, or a lawyer with his client. Some lines shouldn't be crossed in one's profession.

Prof Tey was unprofessional, but perhaps he wasn't corrupt as the news media had portrayed him to be.

How can he be not corrupt when he took gift from a student? Was it a fair exchange becos he gave up some sperms??

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't need to respond to u. The more u talk, the more u hang yourself. Enough said!!

Bwhahaha! You don't need to respond but you did, in Woo Bibik fashion, not answering the issues raised but with useless sound bites.

I couldn't care less what you think. PAP always plays on Sinkies' need to be or appear to be "nice". If you think I give two hoots what a low IQ Sinkie like you think then you're indeed the villiage idiot.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Tey's case proves that PAP has been and still is abusing the Court system for their political motive till today? No???

yes, do u want to see a list of academicians that have been raped by PAP due to their different views and ideas from PAP?

read this and don't be a sinkie sheep

http://www.goodreads.com/author_blog_posts/5780818-singapore-academic-freedom

"I would like to know who instigated the prosecution and why the AGC proceeded with the case. For the sake of transparency, the AGC should tell us why it commenced action when even the dean of the NUS Law Faculty said Tey had nothing to do with the student's excellent grades.", Soh Lung Teo

Last edited:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It is not a good enough sign. The only good sign I recognise is when the idea of RULE OF LAW is grasped by the vast majority of the citizenry even those without university degrees. They should not hesitate to challenge authority and take on those with sky high points.

It's very tough to challenge authority even if you think you're right, because of the enormous costs to fight the case that an ordinary citizen would not be able to afford, especially if you're challenging the judiciary process and the interpretation of the criminal penal codes, that are subject to somewhat "amateurish" interpretation by the prosecution and AGC when framing the charge.

In Tey's case, he has the benefit of having money to fight his case and can engage Senior Counsel who are more adept at fighting such a case, but if this happens to an ordinary citizen, the only recourse is plead guilty. It is extremely difficult to defend yourself, because the judicial process in conducting a trial is full of intricate steps that a layman would never know of.

gingerlyn

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
In Tey's case, he has the benefit of having money to fight his case and can engage Senior Counsel who are more adept at fighting such a case, but if this happens to an ordinary citizen, the only recourse is plead guilty. It is extremely difficult to defend yourself, because the judicial process in conducting a trial is full of intricate steps that a layman would never know of.

sinkie brother,

you may be wrong because many forummers here said that Prof Tey fought the case by himself even though he is an academician with little court room experience like SC Wong Meng Meng and SC Tan Chee Meng.

he was represented by Peter Low LLC who is a veteran lawyer but not a SC

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
How can he be not corrupt when he took gift from a student? Was it a fair exchange becos he gave up some sperms??

How can he be corrupt when the girl already said on oath that she did it for free? In another words there was no exchange of the things that really mattered to make it a CRIME. I receive gifts from my secretary all the time. That's because such I am a great boss.

How can it not be corrupt when that CPIB Fat Thing die die must torture the prosecution's star witness to change her written statement? You're darn right there is corruption. On the other side!

Bingo! Yet another village idiot exposed.

Last edited:

Sinkie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
sinkie brother,

you may be wrong because many forummers here said that Prof Tey fought the case by himself even though he is an academician with little court room experience like SC Wong Meng Meng and SC Tan Chee Meng.

he was represented by Peter Low LLC who is a veteran lawyer but not a SC

This is because while Tey has money to fight his case, he is not that rich to engage Senior Counsel, but in order to stand even a slight chance against the AGC and debate on the interpretation of the criminal procedure codes, perhaps only a very willing and experienced Senior Counsel can possibly win the case for him. Again, it's all about money and the sad truth is if one has no obscene money, to fight on dismissing the case based on the premise the AGC has erroneously draw upon a clause in the CPC to proceed to prosecute the person, at the end of the day, the defendant is the one who suffers, and since he chose to go to jail instead of offering bail pending appeal, it is taken he has accepted the sentence and hence he could not claim compensation now. The whole judicial process is full of mind-fucked intricate steps that an ordinary layman will succumb into.

Even for someone like Tey, who is a law academician, he did not comprehend that well the avenues available to him, because it is just Peter Low, and even then, engaging Peter Low is not cheap. For an ordinary person, this case would have been impossible to fight and the only option is to plead guilty, even though one believes one is right all along. This is where the whole prosecution and judicial process is prejudiced against the layman who is also not rich enough to engage top-notch lawyer who is willing to take up his case and go all the way.

Last edited:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
One would have thought that if the powers-that-be wanted to fix him, they would have persisted and done it all the way.

The positive thing we can take away from this is that a house divided unto itself cannot stand for long, and now this crack has reached the judiciary. This would have been unfathomable back when Yong Pung How was in charge.

The PAP's little empire is cracking up in more ways than we can imagine. That is a good sign.

Yes, that is indeed my own interpretation too. In the past, especially under old Goat, any appeal would have been quashed and the original judgement upheld or even stiffened. Even as recently as the Alan Shadrake case, he was jailed and no amount of appeal would have been entertained for him. That was basically for the same offense as writing a book that was critical to the Leegime. Couple this with the recent openness of the COI into the Little India riot, and you wonder if there is a subtle change in the attitude of the PAP. In the past, COIs would not even have been that public, and certainly, the investigators would not have gone after the police officers with the zeal that they had. The COI is basically contradicting the PAP's version of what happened, something that would never have been allowed to see the light of day not too long ago.

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
With due respect to Tey's supporters, which area of politics did he contribute to? I don't remember him as a member of any opposition party or a blogger with TRE or TOC.

I suggest that you read the whole article and than understand what you read. He wrote a book that was critical to the PAP. The book was so critical that it could not be published in SIngapore and he had to publish it in Hong Kong. The following is the excerpt from the article.

Previous commentary speculated Tey could have been prosecuted in part because of a book he wrote criticising Singapore’s judiciary.

Legal Consensus—Surpreme Executive, Supine Jurisprudence, Suppliant Profession of Singapore was published in end 2011 by the Hong Kong University. In it, Tey wrote about numerous defamation suits the ruling People’s Action Party had levelled against its critics in order to silence them.

In Singapore, you don't have to be an oppo member to be a political enemy of the PAP. If you are not for them, than you are against them. With the PAP, there is no middle ground.