• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Professor Tey says kangaroo court was politically motivated

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
Former National University of Singapore law professor Tey Tsun Hang said on Friday that the "sex-for-favours" case against him was politically motivated right from the beginning.

In his first response to Yahoo Singapore via e-mail right after his acquittal from six corruption charges, he also spoke strongly against Singapore’s judiciary and prosecutorial regime, saying he had “no confidence” in them.

“I have always maintained, and continue to maintain, my innocence,” he wrote, saying he was repeatedly disallowed from seeking evidence that his prosecution was politically motivated by former Chief District Judge Tan Siong Thye, who presided over his trial.

Tey said he made his view that the case was politically motivated clear to the leadership at the NUS Law school after he was discharged from Alexandra Hospital, where he was admitted after facing 12 hours of interrogation.

He said the NUS Law faculty were kept abreast of the allegations made against him throughout, noting that after they conducted an internal investigation and found no wrongdoing, they continued paying him his full salary. This went on until 28 May last year, the day he was convicted of corruption, when the university dismissed him from his post.

“Notwithstanding the acquittal, the whole prosecution and trial by media destroyed my integrity as an academic, with the clear aim of booting me out of the jurisdiction,” he said.

"The damage has been cruelly -- with the way the Singapore mainstream media reporting was conducted -- and irreversibly inflicted on my integrity, academic career, and academic future, and most importantly, my credibility as an academic critic of the Singapore system," he wrote.

Previous commentary speculated Tey could have been prosecuted in part because of a book he wrote criticising Singapore’s judiciary.

Legal Consensus—Surpreme Executive, Supine Jurisprudence, Suppliant Profession of Singapore was published in end 2011 by the Hong Kong University. In it, Tey wrote about numerous defamation suits the ruling People’s Action Party had levelled against its critics in order to silence them.

He also argued that Singapore’s judiciary has “internalised the supreme political ideology, resulting in excessive deference to the executive determination of public interests, and the watering down of both criminal and civil-political rights”.

In the book, he also referred to clashes between the government and the Law Society in the 1980s, and voiced his belief that the Law Society had its role and authority diminished over the years, amid the rise of the Singapore Academy of Law, part of a plan to divide the legal profession and an exercise of co-option.

In February 2012, former Chief Justice Chan Sek Keong criticised his writing. Two months later, he was taken in for investigation by the Corrupt Practices Investigation Bureau.

When news of the case emerged in July that year, the Attorney-General's Chambers denied any link between Tey's corruption charges and the book, or articles, he wrote previously.

Not all Tey said in the wake of his acquittal was negative, however. The 42-year-old, who is now residing overseas with his wife and daughter, also said he was "extremely fortunate” to have the help of his NUS Law colleagues throughout. "There are many out there who are not as fortunate as I had been throughout the ordeal,” he added.

“I have no confidence in the Singapore judiciary, and I do not think much of Singapore’s prosecutorial regime," he said.

Earlier on Friday, Tey was acquitted of his six corruption charges by the High Court, after his defence lawyers submitted an appeal. By then, he had already served a five-month jail term last year and was penalised a sum of $514.80 for the charges, and served out his sentence before leaving the country.

In handing his judgement to Tey's lawyer Peter Low, Justice Woo Bih Li noted that Tey had opted to serve his jail term first and requested for his appeal hearing to be delayed in order for him to give meaningful instruction to Low's team.

The Attorney-General's Chambers also said in response to Justice Woo's judgement that both he and former Chief District Judge Tan recognised that there was a case that needed to be answered with regard to Tey.

"The presumption applicable for public bodies has been triggered, and this means that the Accused (Tey) has to explain why his conduct was not corrupt," an AGC spokesperson said.

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why that useless JiakLiaoBee "Justice" (bwahahaha don't make my toes laugh) Woo BIBIK did not comment on the tactics used by CPIB, but instead used his "judgement" as a tool for defamation? In Sinkieland, the answer is clear. The activities of PAP IB in calling this Bibik "brave" is tantamount to insulting Sinkies as DAFT!

From the Sinkie Evidence Act:

24. A confession made by an accused person is irrelevant in a criminal proceeding if the making of the confession appears to the court to have been caused by any inducement, threat or promise having reference to the charge against the accused person, proceeding from a person in authority and sufficient in the opinion of the court to give the accused person grounds which would appear to him reasonable for supposing that by making it he would gain any advantage or avoid any evil of a temporal nature in reference to the proceeding against him.

Captain Picard on obtaining confessions through torture:

[video=youtube;F5rsxXRoD5U]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5rsxXRoD5U[/video]

Forced Confessions should never be admitted as evidence because that will mean the END of Rule of Law for you and me and allow these Fat Things to run wild.

Last edited:

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
One would have thought that if the powers-that-be wanted to fix him, they would have persisted and done it all the way.

The positive thing we can take away from this is that a house divided unto itself cannot stand for long, and now this crack has reached the judiciary. This would have been unfathomable back when Yong Pung How was in charge.

The PAP's little empire is cracking up in more ways than we can imagine. That is a good sign.

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
One would have thought that if the powers-that-be wanted to fix him, they would have persisted and done it all the way.

They wanted to and would have done it all the way if it was the 80s or 90s. Fact that they even initiated the fixing process shows that they don't understand the power of Internet. Besides Internet and pesky Guailan forum nicks like myself, subsequent events such as the Little India Riots, loss of Punggol East BE, Michael Palmer scandal, et cetera means that there are other more important things on the agenda. We all know how "good" that Loon is at multi-tasking.

The positive thing we can take away from this is that a house divided unto itself cannot stand for long, and now this crack has reached the judiciary. This would have been unfathomable back when Yong Pung How was in charge.

Yes, it would have been unfathomable for a bosom buddy of Old Fart not to see the fixing to the end with unwavering loyalty and aid from the Pressitutes and without the Internet. Times have changed my dear boy.

The PAP's little empire is cracking up in more ways than we can imagine. That is a good sign.

It is not a good enough sign. The only good sign I recognise is when the idea of RULE OF LAW is grasped by the vast majority of the citizenry even those without university degrees. They should not hesitate to challenge authority and take on those with sky high points.

Last edited:

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Former National University of Singapore law professor Tey Tsun Hang said on Friday that the "sex-for-favours" case against him was politically motivated right from the beginning.

With due respect to Tey's supporters, which area of politics did he contribute to? I don't remember him as a member of any opposition party or a blogger with TRE or TOC.

oratedar

Alfrescian
Loyal
With due respect to Tey's supporters, which area of politics did he contribute to? I don't remember him as a member of any opposition party or a blogger with TRE or TOC.

Politically motivated?

Yeah I am very sure pal somehow induced cheapo tey to receive the free sex, meals, pens and shirt.

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal

With due respect to this nick who keeps count of how many of his team mates have been zapped to below zero, you need to read post #10 thoroughly and carefully and if you still don't understand then put your head in the toilet bowl and flush it!

Last edited:

enterprise2

Alfrescian
Loyal
He should count himself lucky. CSJ had his NUS career destroyed over some taxi claims and package courier charges!!

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
He should count himself lucky. CSJ had his NUS career destroyed over some taxi claims and package courier charges!!

You should count yourself lucky you are not living in a truly First World democracy. They have no place for an ignoramus like you! Nor does the spaceship Enterprise.

Last edited:

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
President John F Kennedy:

Third, and finally, the educated citizen has an obligation to uphold the law. This is the obligation of every citizen in a free and peaceful society--but the educated citizen has a special responsibility by the virtue of his greater understanding. For whether he has ever studied history or current events, ethics or civics, the rules of a profession or the tools of a trade, he knows that only a respect for the law makes it possible for free men to dwell together in peace and progress.

He knows that law is the adhesive force in the cement of society, creating order out of chaos and coherence in place of anarchy. He knows that for one man to defy a law or court order he does not like is to invite others to defy those which they do not like, leading to a breakdown of all justice and all order. He knows, too, that every fellowman is entitled to be regarded with decency and treated with dignity. Any educated citizen who seeks to subvert the law, to suppress freedom, or to subject other human beings to acts that are less than human, degrades his heritage, ignores his learning, and betrays his obligation.

Certain other societies may respect the rule of force--we respect the rule of law.

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
Were her cross-eyes cured ?:confused:

Was your short-circuited brain cured? If not go back to selling beef noodles.

Repost from another thread:

Wow and that Stupid Judge Tan Siong Thye said in his judgement that the student was poor! Why didn't the even more Stupid Judge Woo Bibik scold the lower court judge for getting his facts wrong? Even Merl Haggard knows the truth. Instead Bibik Woo "decided" to show outdated thinking like that Fatso Teng of CPIB - "it's not possible for a girl to make gifts to a man"!

This low class Tey fellow must have known about Darinne Ko's background and it was her money that he was after.

She's the niece of the late Datuk Ko Teck Siang who was the younger brother of the late Ko Teck Kin, rubber magnate & founder chairman of Chung Khiaw Bank who in 60's was one of the wealthiest in SEA.

I like it, when all else fails, issue a veiled threat! Banzai, lessons learnt well from the Kempeitei! Beware the Court of Public Opinion, in a democracy, even a flawed one like Sinkieland, it is more powerful than any kangaroo.

if you're referring to the rubber tycoon ko whose family lived in a bukit timah mansion, i know who you're talking about. if distant niece ko has a tailbone jutting out of her arse, it's confirmed that she has the family dna. not many folks know that except for members of the immediate ko family and the family doctor. :eek:

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
He did no wrong with his screwing of a female student?
I know only of a father n son who can laws (social n legal) and get away with it!!

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
He did no wrong with his screwing of a female student?
I know only of a father n son who can laws (social n legal) and get away with it!!

It was not a crime and most importantly it was CONSENSUAL. I also know that the restaurant did
not consent to fancy toothpicks being STOLEN and that my dear is a CRIME involving dishonesty.

While we are comparing things, I would say it is graver wrongs for kangaroos to permit trial by media and obtaining fake evidence by torture. Even worse is use of written judgements to defame. This Bibik Woo spent too much time gossiping with PA aunties!

Glad to know that PAP hires such low quality IBs like you. Gives me opportunity to repost from old threads and update my spreadsheet:

The headline may be simplistic, but as they say in journalism – an article is worth nothing unless you get people to read it. So my apologies.

What has the name Tan Siong Thye got to do with the story then? It is the name of the judge that is presiding over the FIXING of a certain academic over trumped up charges of sex for grades. You will notice that the mainstream media mostly do not mention the name of the judge in reports of this case, just as they do not mention that Tony Tan is a relative of LKY. This is to protect the judge from ridicule when the pre-ordained verdict is released, just as it is never mentioned that Tony Tan is a relative of LKY to create in Sinkie minds an illusion that meritocracy exists in Singapore when it fact it should be spelled MARRIEDtocracy.

I note that a thread has been started harping on the PR status of a certain former judge who is presently being FIXED well and good by the LEEgime’s Mafia CPIB with the connivance of a Compliant Judiciary. The thread starter also happens to be the one who “inadvertently” released photos of an ordinary citizen who happens to have the “misfortune” of having the same name as Laura Ong’s sister on the Internet. The PAPzis of course need to divert attention away from Michael Palmer, and such distractions are usually started by you know who.

Anyway, if you are a PMET like me, whom the PAP is trying to replace to neutralize your potential Opposition vote, and prefer more intelligent discussions rather than threads with PAP IBs talking to themselves, please join this instead.

Banzai! Tan Siong Thye! A medal to you for contributing to the KANGAROO-isation of Sinkie Courts.

My next post is on how foreign judges have contributed greatly to our rival, Hong Kong’s truly independent judiciary. I promise you will never find this sort of articles in the Shit Times.

Sammyboy's next security question? - Q: What animal is most frequent associated with Sinkie Courts? A: KANGAROO

Last edited:

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

It is immaterial whether Tey contributed to our politics. He was persecuted because he annoyed some powerful people. If we could tolerate that, then we should not take issue with the PAP.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The Attorney-General's Chambers also said in response to Justice Woo's judgement that both he and former Chief District Judge Tan recognised that there was a case that needed to be answered with regard to Tey.

"The presumption applicable for public bodies has been triggered, and this means that the Accused (Tey) has to explain why his conduct was not corrupt," an AGC spokesperson said.

What is the AG saying? The appeal judge said it is not corruption and the AG ask Tey to prove that he is not corrupt. What lah? We have a super dumb AG. Doesn't he understand the ruling and the premise of innocent until proven guilty?

Last edited:

WongMengMeng

Alfrescian
Loyal
U saying CSJ and people like Ryan Goh r not getting rid off due to political reasons??

You tried to distract people with the notion that Professor was somehow "lucky" when compared to other dissenters. What I am saying is that he was treated worse than CSJ and Ryan Goh. In Scroobal-speak, you need to try harder at playing role of resident village idiot.

Last edited:

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
For the elites, wealthy and espcially those in the legal professions that worked for PAP can get away from it.

1. More likely some forms of negotiation behind the chamber and soon will find this chap exodus from Singapore, scratch your back and I scratch mine.

2. Or some form of intimidations make jiak leow bee MP pee in his pant and lan lan surrender. For old fart I dint think he will give up and probably use ISA.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
CSJ mother probably did not warn him not to say bad things about PAP at work, esp in colonized PAP departments. My mother told me that and I survived and PA members are PAP ears in all walls and ceiling listening to you bad mouthing PAP.

I am not happy today with my CPF@55 and curse the PAP to death.