• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Process of sever ties with family

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Legally, you can't 'sever' your blood ties. The only tie you can sever is with your spouse, through a divorce.
so maybe its better jus let it be?
If you can see that they are trying too, then I think you should continue to try. If you think they are just plain lazy, then think what will happen if you leave? You dun want to see anyone commit suicide right?
dilemma isnt it?

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
why need to sever ties? not happy, just walk away and don't turn back.

Can but must pay back all the money spent on you since you were sperm-fused-to-egg till now and that is heck of a lot of money assuming you were an average person. If you refuse to cough up you may be disowned//////////
Cheers

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
I remember watching one mudland joint mediacock production starring some girl going to marry a rich man and she wanted to sever ties with her family so she didn't need to owe them anything. In the show she got the lawyer to draft some type of letter for her parents to sign to claim they aren't related anymore but i wonder if such a thing even possible. I doubt it though.

I doubt it will hold water........ what laws will be be based on?

Hans168

Alfrescian
Loyal
stay outside such that only u can contact them not the other way. give fixed amt each mth nothing more nothing less....min contact. ..allow u to b sane too

Your parents can sue you in the Family Courts........... ever wonder why they are not doing that?

They got heart whereas you dun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

no_faith

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
the older generation planted a problem but they dodge and refuse to solve it.
problem lives on and pass down to next generation.

mentally stress but trying hard to use my will strength to press it down.

thanks to everyone who came and read my story.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The old folks in Spore will be a burden to the PAP regime. Many younger Sporeans will not have the $ or time to look after the old, or just don't care.

Curious to know if currently the gov't can force younger Sporeans to pick up the medical bills of looking after the old:confused:
Such as putting a lean on their property, garnering their wages, ...etc.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
The old folks in Spore will be a burden to the PAP regime. Many younger Sporeans will not have the $ or time to look after the old, or just don't care.

Curious to know if currently the gov't can force younger Sporeans to pick up the medical bills of looking after the old:confused:

I think the way they force Sporeans to pick up the medical bill of parents is by making sure the children's medisave account is emptied first before allowing any aid?

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

someone will just get the parents to sue the kids to be looked after... maybe sue is not the right word, but there is a process like this here

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can but must pay back all the money spent on you since you were sperm-fused-to-egg till now and that is heck of a lot of money assuming you were an average person. If you refuse to cough up you may be disowned//////////
Cheers

What nonsense are you spewing? It's the other way round, TS wants to disown his family