• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Process of sever ties with family

chonburifc

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wah, simi daiji? Family, only one this life. Got anything not gam can talk until gam.

Used to be in loggerheads with siblings but when I was down and out, they are the ones that helped me. This I am forever grateful.

Can also consider moving out of sg, at least give each other some space.

Even if legally van severe ties, you still same blood with family, Dio bo?

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
stay outside such that only u can contact them not the other way. give fixed amt each mth nothing more nothing less....min contact. ..allow u to b sane too

Poomer

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bring your entire family to the beach, and draw the line distinctly in front of them. They'll get the message.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
I don't believe severing ties can help. Legally I don't think there is such a think, I am not sure cos logically once born into a family one is already bound by blood. I may suggest to walk away, far far away overseas especially and start all over anew.

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
i went to subcourts website but cant find any info.
anyone here knows the process of sever ties with family? is it legal? is it possible?
:confused:

YOU JUST SUE THEM..... come to court 19-21 nov and see how its done.... im not kidding anymore, this is FOOking serious to the tune so far of $170000 for me.... and im not the one suing...

Last edited:

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I remember watching one mudland joint mediacock production starring some girl going to marry a rich man and she wanted to sever ties with her family so she didn't need to owe them anything. In the show she got the lawyer to draft some type of letter for her parents to sign to claim they aren't related anymore but i wonder if such a thing even possible. I doubt it though.

i'll probably be made to sign one such letter soon

wendychan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
is contradicting as outsiders will not know what actually happen. on surface, outsiders will jus claim you are unfilial.

SPOT ON....... especially with lots of sour grapes coz u got money..... everyone got money too....

peppertail

Alfrescian
Loyal
the avatar was used hoping to brighten the gloomy days.

This one should fit better:

Troll_Face.png

yellowarse

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
anyone here knows the process of sever ties with family? is it legal? is it possible?

Legally, you can't 'sever' your blood ties. The only tie you can sever is with your spouse, through a divorce.

Practically, it doesn't make any difference. The law only binds you to provide for your dependents, i.e. children of common law marriage under 21, and your spouse.

If you have no kids, no spouse, then the law can't touch you if you don't want to have anything to do with your family or relatives. And remember to leave them out of your will and CPF nomination.

heliotrope

Alfrescian
Loyal
:confused:

Think long and hard about your decision. This choice will change your life and the life of your children in future. Have you tried to bridge the differences? Sure you can move on with a family of your own, but family are no matter what you say, blood ties. Blood is thicker than water... 亲情血浓于水.

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
If you can see that they are trying too, then I think you should continue to try. If you think they are just plain lazy, then think what will happen if you leave? You dun want to see anyone commit suicide right?

family always always pulling me down. as i climb one step, they will pull me back 2 steps. I want to pull them up together with me but i dont understand why they wan to keep falling.
i'm tired la bro.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
I don't believe severing ties can help. Legally I don't think there is such a think, I am not sure cos logically once born into a family one is already bound by blood. I may suggest to walk away, far far away overseas especially and start all over anew.

dun you feel that it is disgusting if a person has sinkie blood?