• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Posting Stats in this forum since the Delphi forum shutdown.

zhihau

Super Moderator
SuperMod
Asset

that post was up on 14th, i got registered on 10th... it was an earlier thread i think... the one where you mentioned the new forum is up. :biggrin:

chinkangkor

Alfrescian
Loyal
The day the forum closed, you saw how all the vultures came in here and tried to redirect everyone to their own little kingdoms where they are the BOSS! It's an ego thing. Everyone wants admin controls. It gives them a sense of power in cyberspace which they probably don't have in the real world. :p When I went to say hi in one of the new forums, I was abused roundly and my post deleted.:biggrin: It probably gave the host an orgasm being able to delete SAMMYBOY'S message for the first time in his life. Childish? You be the judge. Have I ever behaved that way? You tell me. :biggrin:

I read with a tinge of sadness that these people after having 'free lunches' in the forum you host and enjoying the freedom to post, they treated you so shabbily. These people are simply ungrateful and ungracious.

neji

Alfrescian
Loyal
I make no apologies for that whatsoever. I have invested a lot of money to get this place going and will be spending even more money over the next year or so if traffic gets heavier. I owe it to myself to retain as much of my traffic as possible in order to maximise the chance of success and getting a return on my investment..not making money at the moment mind you... it's about just getting back what I have already put in.

Ignorant people pop in and say... fucked up forum.. lousy interface but if you look on the internet, vbulletin has 90% of the market and there are so many hacks and add ons that I could spend a lifetime fiddling with the software.

Some idiots came and said... so few posts... fucked up content but this is a forum for goodnesss sake. It's a blank canvas to be painted by members.

The Delphi forum started with 20 posts a day. Nobody told me it was fucked up back in 1999. They said... thanks for effort. Much appreciated. Why the current lot of members are so rude is beyond me. Upbringing? govt influence? too used to ordering maids around they think they are emperors? I really don't know. It saddens me in many ways but there is nothing I can do to change things so I simply concentrate on fiddling with forums plus my other hobbies. It keeps me happy and content. :biggrin:

Just wanna thank you for providing this great platform for us to air our views, I'm sure there are more brothers out there that are really grateful for what you have done. The most vehemently vocal are usually the minority after all.

I know it must be really hard on you to follow through your convictions and take out an unpopular decision, even though you know it had to be done.

Here's an encouraging quote for you by Adrian Pang, from his convocation address to NTU this year:

"I now say this to you: be hated.

It’s not as easy as it sounds. Do you know anyone who hates you? Yet every great figure who has contributed to the human race has been hated, not just by one person, but often by a great many. That hatred is so strong it has caused those great figures to be shunned, abused, murdered and in one famous instance, nailed to a cross.

One does not have to be evil to be hated. In fact, it’s often the case that one is hated precisely because one is trying to do right by one’s own convictions. It is far too easy to be liked, one merely has to be accommodating and hold no strong convictions. Then one will gravitate towards the centre and settle into the average. That cannot be your role. There are a great many bad people in the world, and if you are not offending them, you must be bad yourself. Popularity is a sure sign that you are doing something wrong."

For the full transcript of his really inspiring speech you can go to http://mrwangsaysso.blogspot.com/2008/08/life-and-how-to-survive-it.html

Once again thank you Sam, for what you have done for us all.

Guruking

Alfrescian
Loyal
many years back when the old sex was closed and new forum was set-up, ppl wanted the old sex froum to be back. when the kopi tiam was closed, ppl wanted the kopi tiam back...so ironically.

the only constant is change.....:biggrin:

Geylang Cheongster

Alfrescian
Loyal
many years back when the old sex was closed and new forum was set-up, ppl wanted the old sex froum to be back. when the kopi tiam was closed, ppl wanted the kopi tiam back...so ironically.

the only constant is change.....:biggrin:

I go back all the way to Delphi sex forum. In fact, I go back to the time that Sam use feedback form to collect info.:biggrin:

When Sam moved to the Delphi forums, everyone was very happy and then when closed, everyone was very confused and dun know what to do.

However, once the vbulletin forum started receiving regular FR, everything back to normal.

It did not happen straight away. Takes about 1 to 2 months before the vbulletin forum feel like my home. Now I think that if the sex forum suddenly close shop, I will really be lost.:biggrin:

Sometimes when I go there, I find that it is down for maintenance and I dun know what to do for the whole afternoon. Like part of my life missing.

I pray that the sex forum can continue until my cock cannot stand anymore. :biggrin:

Big Sexy

Super Moderator
SuperMod
trust me...the sex forum is not everything................................
it is more than that.. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Sometimes when I go there, I find that it is down for maintenance and I dun know what to do for the whole afternoon. Like part of my life missing.

I pray that the sex forum can continue until my cock cannot stand anymore. :biggrin:

Geylang Cheongster

Alfrescian
Loyal
trust me...the sex forum is not everything................................
it is more than that.. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Hi Big Sexy. Sorry but I use different nick here because some things I dun want to reveal to everybody.

What is your view of the sex forum? To me, it is like a clubhouse where all my friends are. Without the sex forum, I lost contact with my friends. I know I can SMS to my cheonging friends but for some reason, it dun feel the same. :biggrin: