• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat Pork Found In Chiller Meant For Halal Meat! All The Contaminated Halal Meat Thrown Away Even Though There's No Physical Contact!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Responding to viral video showing pork in a chiller meant for halal meat, NTUC FairPrice confirmed the authenticity of the content shown in the video and shared that necessary measures are done to rectify the issue.

featured-image-halal.png

In the video, which was uploaded to a Facebook by Ms Sarri Maria on Tuesday (14 August), showed bags of pork inside a chiller which was meant only to store halal food.

Ms Sarri, who received the video from WhatsApp, wrote, "Thank you to the person who sent this video. He must have taken it secretly. It looks like the video was taken from NTUC supermarket."

Ms Sarri then asked for Islamic Religious Council of Singapore (MUIS) response regarding this matter.

In the Facebook post acknowledging the content of the viral video, NTUC FairPrice wrote, "We have received feedback of a video circulating on social media regarding the storage of non-halal meat in a halal dedicated storage chiller. The video was taken at our North Point City store on 13 August,"

The supermarket chain explains that there are currently two separate chillers in the store, adding that the non-halal chiller was being serviced that morning and some meat items were wrongly stored in the halal chiller for 30 minutes by its supplier.

"We have strict guidelines in managing halal products and this is not in accordance to our practice. We do not condone such action and will follow-up with the supplier,"

It noted that while there was no physical contact between the products, it has nonetheless discarded all the affected halal items and a proper cleaning of the chiller was also done in accordance to the ritual advised by MUIS.

"We apologize for the inconvenience and concerns caused in this isolated incident. We have also reminded all staff as well as our suppliers to adhere to our guidelines when handling halal products," it added.

However, this post gained some reaction from members of the public on NTUC Facebook page. Some asked the store's decision to discarded the items.

Danny Soh wrote, "Why throw the items? Sell them as non halal products or donate to the many charitable homes who do not require halal products?"

Jasmine Wong wrote, "Why must the halal products be disposed of? They can still be sold in the non-halal section."

Larry Lum wrote, "Why dont give those halal items affected to the poor?"

Zheng Shujuan wrote, "I don't mind to take if you give me free as long is not spoilt. Why throw? You should set an example of not wasting food."

Meanwhile Mr Rosli Husain posted questions regarding the matter,

"I have the following questions:

1) Since you only have 2 chillers (1 Halal and 1 Non Halal). How would you then store the products when one of the chiller is down. This could also be the reverse (Meaning, if the Halal chiller is down.How will you store the products?)

2) You said that you have strict guidelines managing the Halal products. This incident did not reflect this statement you made. Obviously, there is no check and balance to ensure correct execution of your SOP.

3)I am also not in favour of NTUC discarding the Halal products that have been "contaminated". However, how do we know that what you said was done (Because, clearly you failed badly in the "managing" part)."

https://www.theonlinecitizen.com/20...chiller-and-apologises-for-suppliers-mistake/

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
KNN this is serious must close shop and disinfect immediately and the offender to be fired KNN my uncle almost got charged for using halal tray in foodcourt to place non halal food without knowing the color code KNN KNN

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
KNN this is serious must close shop and disinfect immediately and the offender to be fired KNN my uncle almost got charged for using halal tray in foodcourt to place non halal food without knowing the color code KNN KNN

The halal tray, along with your unhalal uncle, needs to be destroyed to avoid contaminating the rest of us clean folk.

greedy and cunning

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why money not halalfied? Notes get circulated touched by pork seller or pork eating, pork touching individual. Recycled water, air, space all contaminated already! Mudslime so poor thing get infringed on every single second!

because mussie are hypocrites and
the releeegion is fake
chinese female eats pork the whole life and mussie dare to marry her
her whole body is saturated with pork oil , mussie can overlook.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
Soon Halal supermarket trollies, Halal swimming pool, Halal gym, Halal toilet, Halal MRT carriages, Halal buses, Halal air, Halal water...

halah check-out counter too.

if muslim cashier kena customer buy pork...how?

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
halah check-out counter too.

if muslim cashier kena customer buy pork...how?
KNN the pork buyer is responsible for this not the cashier KNN so pork buyer need to sound out babi babi or at least snore like babi to give signal else will kena like my uncle charged verbally and almost arrested for using halal tray KNN

Last edited:

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
One point I like to add is these m&ds like to emphasis outward appearances. Like dressing, dont eat this and that, must be halal, must pray 5 times a day, must go mosque friday etc. They are like pharisees as mentioned in the bible. But there is no emphasis on the inside, in the heart, they way they think, the way they act, but in their heart, they want 4 wives, they hate other religions, want jihad etc etc, want underage sex slaves,,but treatment of fellow men etc seems to be non-existent. I bet such a religion is easy to follow, because just show off their acts without heart,,much easier than trying to change internally for the better. No wonder the growth of Islam is soo huge,,its such an easy religion to follow,,,

Hypocrite-The

Alfrescian
Loyal
Wow! First time i heard such comment from a non Muslim.
its such an easy religion to follow for simpletons,,because its the outward appearance that is important,,and full of hypocrisy,,,,that is why its easy to follow,,to a certain extent,,,and glad u agree on my comments,,,thanks dude