• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Poor designs in Singapore

kongsimi

Alfrescian
Loyal
For God sake this is an Art College. There is not enough lighting into the building. Where the heck they get the designers from?

City_Campus_of_LASALLE_College_of_the_Arts%2C_Singapore_-_20080620.jpg

And inside so crooked!! No streamlining...

LASALLE_New_City_Campus_interior.jpg

Last edited:

Rogue Trader

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I used to hang around United Square (former Goldhill Square) when I was a student and always wondered which nutjob designed that fucking building. Inside is a maze. The layout didn't make any sense! If it's your first time there, you won't have a clue how to move from one floor to the next!

For the longest time it was a ghost town despite the semi-prime location and vast space. After Gallery Lafayette moved out in the 80s, it was only home to childcare centers, tile retailers and such.

Then I went back 10 years ago and wow... it became one of the hottest retail areas outside town. I don't know if they've improved the interior layout though...

Dark Knight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No need to go far, just look at all our HDB flats which are also badly designed by dunno which idiot architech.
Right from the start the designer and planner don't even bother to consider about the long term convenience for the elderly and disabled people.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I used to hang around United Square (former Goldhill Square) when I was a student and always wondered which nutjob designed that fucking building. Inside is a maze. The layout didn't make any sense! If it's your first time there, you won't have a clue how to move from one floor to the next!

For the longest time it was a ghost town despite the semi-prime location and vast space. After Gallery Lafayette moved out in the 80s, it was only home to childcare centers, tile retailers and such.

Then I went back 10 years ago and wow... it became one of the hottest retail areas outside town. I don't know if they've improved the interior layout though...

Are you sure about that :confused:
The only thing there is a Cold Storage & the makan places.

Otherwise the shops & services for kids. The only adult oriented stores are Popular & Challenger.

THE_CHANSTER

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You want to talk about poor architectural design? Just take a look at that ridiculous 'flying saucer' sitting on top of the Supreme Court building along North Bridge Road.

Absolutely hideous.

sg 153.jpg

Last edited:

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The fucktards who designed the Esplanade and the Govt clowns who approved of it, all deserved to have their arseholes spiked on the roof of the Esplanade..

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
No need to go far, just look at all our HDB flats which are also badly designed by dunno which idiot architech.
Right from the start the designer and planner don't even bother to consider about the long term convenience for the elderly and disabled people.

Those designed & built by HDB in the 1980's is a MAZE, I am always amazed at how these "space designers" ( borrow from that ITE girl), design such flats. For example, you go block 444 to visit your friend at 07-444 for the first time, the lift go to 5, 8, 12. Naturally you take lift to 8 floor & walk down, you start walking searching for a clue to go to 07-444, you can walked to the extreme right end or left, you start to so down & discover you you end up getting a few house, but not that 07-444, you got lost in that maze. You have to go back up to 8 floor, walk to the stairs column after the lift, descend to 07-444!!, the stairs at extreme left & right are no through passages.

This is why they are making the residents PAY for their SPACE DESIGN ( maybe designed by Ah Meng at her kids), to IMPROVE their living SPACE. It is aMAZED how we are conned... ha ha ha ha

Last edited:

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Horse racing used to be at the ground level at extreme left end, used to be a very sleepy shopping mall, know this place when it was first built. Cold Storage is at basement, Toys R Us is at 2nd or 3rd? I think Ya Kun had their first outlet there, & there is a shop selling Laksa, the food court is wee bit sleepy, & there are now quite a number of food stalls, not mention a shop selling PC games etc at basement, other than that, it is filled with child care..there is a pet shop near the taxi stand on ground level. Have not been there for some time, how it look like now, really don't know. Used to get there, walking from the underpass from Novena MRT Station..

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Goldhill square only remember going to
Cognac KTV there....
Brauhaus still there but it's international beer concept been copies by others.

andyfisher

Alfrescian
Loyal
one of the more interesting building designs is a humble church along commonwealth drive with a unique roof.

otherwise, most new bldg design is neither groundbreaking nor pretty.

Microsoft

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
New hdb flat no horse run...frm outside...wah balcony oredi so big! Frm inside...cheespie lah...de biggest thing in de house ish de balcony...

Alfrescian
Loyal
the system in singapore does not create/nuture creative people how to get good architects and designers?

sickpuppy

Alfrescian
Loyal
So far the only building design I like is this building along beachroad where if you drive down nicoll highway you can see. Looks like steps with housing on each step near the St Johns school and that furniture shopping mall can't remember the place.