• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Poor designs in Singapore

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
The fucktards who designed the Esplanade and the Govt clowns who approved of it, all deserved to have their arseholes spiked on the roof of the Esplanade..
It was George yeo. And he was damn proud that he got funding for esplanade without going through MOF which was under LHL then.

watchman8

Alfrescian
Loyal
You want to talk about poor architectural design? Just take a look at that ridiculous 'flying saucer' sitting on top of the Supreme Court building along North Bridge Road.

Absolutely hideous.

View attachment 9803
The building has to match the hideous characters working in it. Yong pung sai was the Chief Justice at the time the building was approved, I think.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
So far the only building design I like is this building along beachroad where if you drive down nicoll highway you can see. Looks like steps with housing on each step near the St Johns school and that furniture shopping mall can't remember the place.

Golden Mile Complex? St. John's Ambulance Birgade HQ...not St John's School..or are you talking about the Hong Fook, The Concourse?, it was designed by a famous American architect.

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The building has to match the hideous characters working in it. Yong pung sai was the Chief Justice at the time the building was approved, I think.

Was he the one, that didn't have a good breakfast?? the food at Funan Centre, must be lousy or the cafe at Colombo Court was bad...long while back, he could have a good breakfast at Polar Cafe at High Street..maybe he missed that?

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I used to hang around United Square (former Goldhill Square) when I was a student and always wondered which nutjob designed that fucking building. Inside is a maze. The layout didn't make any sense! If it's your first time there, you won't have a clue how to move from one floor to the next!

I had no difficulties locating Aurora Nightclub in the early 90s!

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
That is why I guessed it was... the flower boxes look from the back... I have worked there in an office, many eons ago...the office space is rather cramped & the interior of the building is kind of peculiar..

I recall reading in the newspapers that this building shakes whenever there is an earthquake in Indonesia. Will never want to be in that building. Shopping centre there stinks. Poor ventilation. I believe it was Ramseth's hunting ground.

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
ugliest terrace homes are at the end of tua kong place, tua kong terrace and jalan tua kong. one of them is a 4-story high wall of glass and looks like a crystal cathedral. hideous. :eek:

eatshitndie

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I recall reading in the newspapers that this building shakes whenever there is an earthquake in Indonesia. Will never want to be in that building. Shopping centre there stinks. Poor ventilation. I believe it was Ramseth's hunting ground.

thai hookers' hangout. after servicing, it's golden smile. :smile:

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Uncle, aurora in hotel royal next door as is superstar.
United square ktv still there I think is image (ex-stages).
Barrel pub also been standing strong there for over 20 years.

Yes, Aurora was at Hotel Royal. Also had one at United Sq. Mr Angela very lucky to have Jap boss sponsor him. I think he is now somewhere near Mohd Sultan running a smaller place within hotel premises.