• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Police issues warning to netizens: slanderers will be PROSECUTED

Avantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi folks, better cool it....big brother is damned pissed off this time......

Translated from Lianhe Zaobao

To those netizens who have hurling untrue accusations at others on the internet, they better consider twice if they think they can escape from the clutches of the law by hiding behind a cloak of anonymity.

Police inspector Huang Hong Guan stressed during an interview that all slanderers and flame-baiters on the internet will not be able to escape prosecution if the police found that laws are indeed broken.

“Any comments made on the internet will have tangible outcomes in real life, including harrassing a particular individual, group, community or even posing a threat to the entire society, as long they have broken the law, regardless of whether they appear on the internet or in real life, the police will carry out the necessary investigations.”

The example Huang gave includes netizens and bloggers who were prosecuted for making inflammatory remarks about race and religion.

Singapore Management University Law Lecturer Eugene Tan also points out, whether it is under the penal code or civil laws, Singapore has sufficient laws to deal with all sorts of slander and defamation. The problem lies with tracking down the internet criminal and obtain the necessary information from the web server hosting the site which may not be in Singapore.

Read full article here:

http://wayangparty.com/?p=4873

metalslug

Alfrescian
Loyal
middle_finger_flame.jpg

Filed under Top Story
Leave a comment
Translated by from Lianhe Zaobao by Cheng Siew Peng

To those netizens who have hurling untrue accusations at others on the internet, they better consider twice if they think they can escape from the clutches of the law by hiding behind a cloak of anonymity.

Police inspector Huang Hong Guan stressed during an interview that all slanderers and flame-baiters on the internet will not be able to escape prosecution if the police found that laws are indeed broken.

“Any comments made on the internet will have tangible outcomes in real life, including harrassing a particular individual, group, community or even posing a threat to the entire society, as long they have broken the law, regardless of whether they appear on the internet or in real life, the police will carry out the necessary investigations.”

The example Huang gave includes netizens and bloggers who were prosecuted for making inflammatory remarks about race and religion.

Singapore Management University Law Lecturer Eugene Tan also points out, whether it is under the penal code or civil laws, Singapore has sufficient laws to deal with all sorts of slander and defamation. The problem lies with tracking down the internet criminal and obtain the necessary information from the web server hosting the site which may not be in Singapore.

“Cross-border investigations are expensive and may not procure the information wanted by the investigator.”

In recent months, the loss of sinking funds via failed investments in structured-linked products by PAP Town Councils, the fire attack on Yio Chu Kang MP Seng Han Thong and Permanent Secretary Tan Yong Soon’s 5 week holiday in Paris have all attracted reckless and baseless attacks from netizens and bloggers.

The police will not tolerate any form of slander on the internet against public servants and MPs by netizens and bloggers and will conduct investigations against those who break the laws.

From the government’s angle, rumors do not help in day to day governance and hence the need to stop these rumors from disseminating. The best method to employ is to prevent stop them from ocurring in the first place by educating the public their responsibility in maintaining an online environment conducive to political discourse.

The authorities can nip the problem in the bud by employing the relevant laws to prosecute and punish offenders and to build an open channel of communication with the online community to dispel rumors.

However, Eugene Tan points out that the employment of harsh laws may be counter-productive and will have a deterimental impact on Singapore’s image and efforts to develop the New Media. From a political perspective, the move will be criticized as an attempt to quell political dissent and criticism in cyberspace. Therefore, the authorities will face daunting challenges during the course of implementing these laws.

He felt that the government should do more to communicate and educate the public.

“I do not think those anti-government or anti-PAP netizens are sincere in wishing to communicate with the government. What we need is a public which can differentiate right from wrong.”

He said, the ideal situation is of course for the online community to self-regulate itself which he felt is unlikely in the near future.

Last edited:

myfoot123

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Why don't all these stupid poodles spend time tracking down Mas Selamat than tracking bloggers? are they so free to protect the Leegime and forget about catching the world most wanted man who escaped under pap clutches.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
It shows clearer that the famiLEE LEEgime is more than panic.

The wise LEEgime amended law hoping to protect their scapegoats such as Ah Seng in particular from Angry Peasants, and then what exactly happened after their Statutory Intimidation? :biggrin:

I know that they are indeed wiser than that, and we must watch. Observe how they dig themselves into deeper grave. Still have time, the show had only just started.:wink:

Last edited:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can they really trace your IP and prosecute you? I dunno...I doubt so....

Not everyone.

Exactly like in the past they will surely do a lamb or 2 to show their threats, oh yeah! Very effective!

:wink:

And the entire Internet are scared shitless hahahaha! :biggrin: And then their problems are over and solved, and then it will be Golden Era again. :p & more sweet dreams.:rolleyes:

Last edited:

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is a big difference between slandering and applauding.

Slandering:
David Beckham is a conman. He owns Sunshine Empire and he goes around cheating ppl of their money thru MLM.
This is slandering. Of course David Beckam can sue me as long as he can prove he has nothing to do with Sunshine Empire and he doesn't cheat ppl.

Applauding:
I go gaga when David Beckham falls down and injured his leg during soccer matches. I cheered and applauds the whole incident and hopes that he becomes a cripple. He can't sue me for that now can he?

p.s. I don't watch football and I have nothing against David Beckham.

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
WHEN MP Seng Han Thong was set on fire by a Yio Chu Kang resident last month, he drew many online attacks that were vicious.

Some were 'downright outrageous', said Senior Minister of State (Information, Communications and the Arts) Lui Tuck Yew in Parliament yesterday.

He was referring to postings that included statements saying Mr Seng deserved to be assaulted and a list of 10 things he should 'be thankful for' in spite of being attacked.

But instead of silencing these attackers, the online community largely bit their tongue.

The tepid response of netizens to the nasty comments disappointed Rear-Admiral (NS) Lui, who said it was 'quite apparent the Internet is not an effective self-regulated regime as some may have touted it to be'.

RADM Lui was replying to Ms Penny Low (Pasir Ris-Punggol GRC), who had asked for his views on netizens' response to the physical attack on Mr Seng, MP for Yio Chu Kang.

He said: 'I do not think the community itself has done enough to rebut some of these unhelpful comments delivered by fellow netizens.

'It is a squandered opportunity for a higher degree of self-regulation.It would have been an example of the genesis, of the first steps, towards a more responsible, greater, self-regulatory regime.

'But many of those responses were not rebutted or answered, and I think it is not healthy for some of this to remain on the Net unchallenged, unquestioned and unanswered.'

RADM Lui also urged netizens to do more to define acceptable online conduct.

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal

You can charge ppl in the SAF. But you can't remove their hatred and rage against the SAF and the PAP govt.

nextinfidel

Alfrescian
Loyal
'But many of those responses were not rebutted or answered, and I think it is not healthy for some of this to remain on the Net unchallenged, unquestioned and unanswered.'

RADM Lui also urged netizens to do more to define acceptable online conduct.

he can come into any internet forum and challenge or question any one.
but he should recall what happen to Harold Fock years ago in Soc.culture.singapore.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
From lame bastard corrupt & incompetent famiLEE LEEgime's point of view, there are lots of naive and ironical expectations. They expected Internet to be in the same way they had been comfortable with 154th media in their whole past. They also expected Mas Selamat Ke-Lari to stay nicely in ISD's cell and don't got to toilet without a grill :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: since that is UNSAFE.:eek:

Ah Seng also expected Mas Selamat not to MISUSE ISD's toilet paper, because that is SO EXPENSIVE! :p:p:p:cool:

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
Can they really trace your IP and prosecute you? I dunno...I doubt so....

very easy to get ip.

but can you link your ip to an individual?

it is harder to prove lah.

somemore got ip spoofing. anybody can use any ips.

hackers especially...so will be waste of taxpayer monies to prove it.

just admit lah!! be responsible when you post!! LOL..

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
To the PAP internet brigade & lurkers, look here.

Respect is earned. Not by demand.

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Whats the problem? You can use IP masking tools. Just Google for it.
Lets see how are they going to catch when we post from internet cafe to cafe.
:p

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal

Whats the problem? You can use IP masking tools. Just Google for it.
Lets see how are they going to catch when we post from internet cafes.

very leche lah, makes your surfing slow.

i gave up already, for faster access.

who knows, next time they might want to contact you. to give you a position in the govt.

so why would you hide yourself from them?

that's why i write carefully..LOL... :biggrin:

angie II

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The problem lies with tracking down the internet criminal and obtain the necessary information from the web server hosting the site which may not be in Singapore.

Sammyboy 1 PAP 0

1zq34tw.gif
11goln4.gif

Last edited:

HTOLAS

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
he can come into any internet forum and challenge or question any one.
but he should recall what happen to Harold Fock years ago in Soc.culture.singapore.

And not forgetting Pok Vik Tor and (drumroll) Nicholas Lazarus!

VIBGYOR

Alfrescian
Loyal
The problem lies with tracking down the internet criminal and obtain the necessary information from the web server hosting the site which may not be in Singapore.

Talk Cock also a Crime now?

The world has GONE CRAZY!!

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
To the PAP internet brigade & lurkers, look here.

Respect is earned. Not by demand.

Absolutely right!

And applicable to the Kangaroo Court as well.

Respect Extortion by Threat does not get any respect except for a little self-satisfaction for the lame Ah Bengs. Same irony as Political Masturbation of old dog theif LKy!